🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 1603 - Jen Kirkman

How insane and out of touch do you have to be to spend your money on a crusade against plastic?

Yeah it sounded like a weird fundraiser Larry would have to go to in Curb.

• Like 1

I'm on board with what Jen said about Taylor Swift. There's way too many grown ass adults paying way too much attention to a girl with a mediocre voice that makes music that's essentially for 12 year old girls. I just shake my head whenever Howard Kremer starts talking about how great Taylor Swift is. But she's got that powerful record industry propaganda machine behind her and people can't escape it.

Nah she's great

• Like 1

They didn't. But I think they record the Players' Club episodes on Wednesdays or Thursdays the week before (they release them on Sundays). I don't think Jimmy crossed paths that much with Harris Wittels (even if he appreciated Harris' comedy). Which is not to say the NNF crew are not sad at his passing, but perhaps they did not know him personally (unlike Andrew Koenig who was a big part of the early seasons of the show).

Thanks for the info. I agree that their social circles probably didn't overlap much, but in the times I heard Harris mentioned on the show, it was with the same Faux-Angry Dad tone Jimmy reserves for Scott Aukerman or Paul F. Tompkins or…well, pretty much everyone else he likes. I don't fault the NNF crew for not discussing it; I just wondered if they had any interesting Harris stories I'm missing by not (yet) subscribing the Players' Club.

• Like 1

I don't fault the NNF crew for not discussing it; I just wondered if they had any interesting Harris stories I'm missing by not (yet) subscribing the Players' Club.

It's possible too that he didn't want to clutter up his memorial to AK. I'll let you know if there are any stories Monday.

• Like 1

Why do you (or she) care what they like? If you don't like it, great. Why does it matter if others do?

I'm just surprised that adults listen to that. I'm not sure what the appeal is in Taylor Swift for someone 30 or older.

• Like 1

I'm just surprised that adults listen to that. I'm not sure what the appeal is in Taylor Swift for someone 30 or older.

Maybe it's just comfort-food-esque? I don't listen to her, but my wife and girls like her. I'm over 30 and I read comic books and my wife doesn't get it but neither she, nor any of my friends, mock me over it or get angry at me for it.

i like to call her "taylor shift, but take the f out" becuase i dont think shes very good at music at all!

• Like 1

or at least i would if anyone wanted to talk to me about her

• Like 1

By the way, calling 16 Christine for the Player's Club right now. I mean, you have to, right?

since you got the good one already i'll say cars this time

• Like 2

i never would have got that one right in a million years, because i always assumed cetera started with an s

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this