🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

CBB: HARRIS WITTELS IN MEMORIAM SHIRT

Ordered one. I was a little uneasy with having "motherfuckers" on the front before I remembered that Harris wouldn't give a shit.

Great idea!

• Like 1

Nice design, but I kind of wish that the shirts had Harris' name and/or picture on them. Something like "In Memory of Harris Wittels," but maybe it's on the back b/c I can see what's there in the pics.

Just ordered mine too. Would never normally go in for a shirt with motherfucker written on it, but screw it, had to do it!

Nice design, but I kind of wish that the shirts had Harris' name and/or picture on them. Something like "In Memory of Harris Wittels," but maybe it's on the back b/c I can see what's there in the pics.

Or "Creak. Slam. Sit." But I'm guessing they thought that Harris wouldn't have wanted the attention and that level of specificity probably isn't needed. This is a more subtle tribute to him with a universal message. Not sure if there's a perfect way of doing something like this, but it's a good way to help his scholarship fund.

• Like 1

If there is any shirt worth having your mother-in-law ask you "wait, what does that say?!", it's this one. Immediate purchase.

My wife wouldn't like a shirt with "motherfucker" on it so I won't be getting this out of respect to her BUUUUUUUUT

you can bet your ass I'll be on the lookout for anyone wearing this out in the wild and tell them to get back to their foam corner.

Also, cool to see proceeds are all going to the scholarship fund ::thumbs up::

Great shirt. I like that it feels like a nice tribute, but isn't really obvious "a Harris Wittels shirt", which would feel kind of weird. (Also, that "motherfuckers" is inconspicuous enough that I won't feel weird about wearing it in public.)

• Like 1

For those who wanted a less explicit shirt, we've got another one in the store

avoq5f.jpg

• Like 4

I don't know if there's some "blue dress with black frills" stuff going on or what in those pictures, but does anyone know what color the first shirt actually is? I dig the grey, but I have this weird OCD thing about blue shirts and I can't wear them.

I don't know if there's some "blue dress with black frills" stuff going on or what in those pictures, but does anyone know what color the first shirt actually is? I dig the grey, but I have this weird OCD thing about blue shirts and I can't wear them.

The store denotes the shirt color as "Athletic Grey" if that is helpful

I can't choose which shirt I want (and not sure I can do both)! Will there be a specific cut-off date for when to pre-order these?

Ugh, I was really hoping a second shirt would've been CREAK. SLAM. SIT., I would have bought it in a second, but I'll have to pass on this one

I think this could have benefited from a quick poll of a few designs or 'plans' of designs like what the quote or gist was that the shirt was based on. I'd even have bought a "Where there's a will, there's a Wayans... so that's something" -Harris Wittels

Sweet looking tee. Just ordered one. I think the shirt and the idea behind it is super classy and I hope the fund keeps memories of Harris alive for a long time. I heard about Harris's passing right before I downloaded and started listening to NF&P4... I was literally typing the word "motherfucker," (as in "Goodbye and thank you, Harris, you crazy motherfucker") with tears in my eyes, on a Facebook post when I heard Scott say "Motherfuckers just wanna laugh." I can't wait to proudly wear this shirt and explain to my five year old what a "motherfucker" is. "Now son, there are good motherfuckers and bad motherfuckers. And sometimes a "bad motherfucker" can mean a good guy who's kinda bad... But in cool way. Han Solo was one bad motherfucker. Jaba The Hut was just a motherfucking asshole. Now remember, 'motherfucker' is just an 'at-home word.' Those motherfuckers at your kindergarten will bitch my ass out if you go around calling motherfuckers motherfuckers. I'm glad we had this talk son. And please don't be a stupid motherfucker and start shooting dope, no matter how bad shit gets."

If there is any potential for a shirt featuring his name, or even one attributing this quote to him, I would be much more inclined to buy. Having said that, if an earwolf staffer tells me there is no chance of either scenario I'll gladly cop this since I love Harris and I'm also a gullible, impressionable consumer..

just curious, has anyone received their t-shirt yet? this isn't a passive aggressive post implying impatience or a UTU2TM reference... I've just never ordered anything from Earwolf so I'm not sure how long it normally takes (specifically for a brand new item)

I got my Motherfuckers Wanna Laugh shirt this morning and was excited until I tried it on.

I wear size large American Apparel cotton t-shirts all the time, but this one is a thin, clingy polyester blend. The large is barely big enough on me and I have the body of Screech. Happy to support the scholarship idea, but that was an unfortunate choice of t-shirt.

For people who have gotten the shirts, did you get any kind of shipping notification/did it show as shipped on the order page? Just wondering whether to be keeping an eye out for a package or not.

:EDIT: Never mind, checked the mail today and there it was! I've never been prouder to wear a shirt with an f-bomb on it.

As to the quality, to each their own, I guess. I find the fit to be just about exactly perfect, and definitely in the middle of the range for the size. The material is definitely lightweight, but not at all flimsy, and the construction appears to be of great quality. The poly/cotton/rayon blend (American Apparel calls it a "track shirt") wears super comfortable, probably the softest wearing standard T-shirt I own except maybe the Alternative Apparel 50/50 blends.

Also it says fuck on it, so there's another point in its favor...

Has anyone else not gotten their shirt yet?

Has anyone else not gotten their shirt yet?

I haven't gotten mine yet (ordered in February when they first went on sale). I emailed Earwolf about three weeks ago and was told that there was a printing issue with the first run, and that I should expect it to arrive that week, but still haven't gotten anything. I know a couple of people who live in my town (I'm in Canada) who have received theirs, so...who knows?

Anyone else still having issues with their order?

I paid for my order in February. Contacted support in April and was told that there was a problem, but my shirts were shipping "as we speak."

After another week I contacted support again and was told that they were no longer using StageBloc to send out shirts. They also refused to give me an estimate on when the order would ship.

Its been another month (three months total), the shirts still say they haven't yet shipped, and customer service has stopped replying to my emails.

I want to support Earwolf, and especially this charity, but I'm at a loss on what to do here.

Sign in to follow this