🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 104.5 — Minisode 104.5

A Nicholas Sparks movie is coming! Paul goes through some important news before letting us know if Nic Cage would have made Zardoz better and scrolling through IMDB Plot Keywords for Zardoz. Plus, Paul plays Kiss, Mary, Kill with Stallone, Cage, and Seagal as he gives As to your Qs!

LA: Come out to a special screening of Ghostbusters presented by Paul over at Cinefamily on Friday, March 6th at 10pm as part of the 4th Annual Wayne Federman International Film Festival. Go to www.cinefamily.org for tickets!

Earlier this week I watched Hachi: A Dog's Tale which was done by the same director and cried my fucking eyes out. I am not expecting that at all from this movie.

Also, is it too much to hope that we can find out some way that Safe Haven ties in with Nietzsche?

when this came out, people were really shocked at the ending (don't remember exactly if everyone loved or hated it) but I figured "why not read how it ended? it's not like I'm ever going to see this movie" ...and here we are.

never thought I would regret reading spoilers for safe haven

• Like 2

Just copying and pasting my comment from the "Safe Haven" thread from two years ago:

Based on one of the reviews on a site I frequent, I was able to figure it out based on A picture and like 2 sentences about Smulders' role, which said something about her being the only reason to re-watch the movie. Based on her appearance in Avengers, the only thing I've seen her in, I'm convinced that she's some sort of charisma vacuum, so her performance wasn't the thing to pay attention to, leaving the twist to be the most obvious thing a screenwriter would do to make the audience think they've been mindfucked.

Honestly kind of liked Safe Haven when I saw it. It gets really crazy near the end and it kind of makes up for the D movie before it.

• Like 1

I was really not having a go at Paul for paying $140 for a haircut. I just don't know how anyone has the balls to charge that much

I was really not having a go at Paul for paying $140 for a haircut. I just don't know how anyone has the balls to charge that much

Maybe you don't take the best barber of the world award seriously..

When you go and win it then you tell me how much you can charge. ;)

Ohh that reminds me of a joke, a guy walks into a barber shop, and asks how much is a haircut? The barber says a haircut is a dollar. So how much is a shave? a shave is 25 cents. OK shave it!

There's this dress some1 photographed and its black with a blue fringe but because of the way some people's eyes work it looks white with a gold fringe.

Anyone else care to explain the blue dress to me.

Feeling like Mark Wahlberg in the happening, WHAT!

Anyone else care to explain the blue dress to me.

Feeling like Mark Wahlberg in the happening, WHAT!

I am literally SO ANGRY that I am posting this... this whole thing makes me irrationally angry. No one on any of my social media sites have been talking about ANYTHING ELSE but this stupid shittily lit iphone photo of this ugly fucking dress since last night and I am just mad about it

here's a nice wired article http://www.wired.com...es-color-dress/

• Like 1

I think that if your brain decides that it's a gold and white dress poorly lit with a blue light then that's how you see it, but if it decides that it's a black and blue dress lit with a yellow light then that's how you see it. I have seen it both ways and it's fucking freaky when it changes colors on you. There is no goddamn spoon.

I am literally SO ANGRY that I am posting this... this whole thing makes me irrationally angry. No one on any of my social media sites have been talking about ANYTHING ELSE but this stupid shittily lit iphone photo of this ugly fucking dress since last night and I am just mad about it

I think at this point I've seen 2 "I don't care about the dress" posts for every 1 post of the dress

• Like 2

You know what makes me even angrier than the stupid dress color "controversy"? The asinine dialogue in this fucking movie. This whole faux-naturalistic, Robert Altman-imitating bullshit is driving me nuts. It's like they made a bunch of high school drama club kids watch MASH and told them, "here, try and talk like this! You'll get it in one take."

• Like 2

Now that everyone is finally doing a Nicholas Sparks movie, here's seeing Safe Haven (and its dumb twist ending) get the beating it deserves.

Ok, this movie expires Wednesday so hurry up and watch it

Boy do I feel like the bubble boy from seinfeld.

I am so in my own world.

And my reaction to all of this, THAT'S IT? LOL that's a news story that is taking the social media by storm...

This is why i am like Jason Mantzoukas when it comes to twitter and social media, forget it.

Boy do I feel like the bubble boy from seinfeld.

I am so in my own world.

And my reaction to all of this, THAT'S IT? LOL that's a news story that is taking the social media by storm...

This is why i am like Jason Mantzoukas when it comes to twitter and social media, forget it.

I've gotten pretty good at ignoring this stuff too. I mean, if it's something that I see reference to on social media, particularly by the usual people that share links to absolutely everything, before I even know what it's in reference TO, it probably means it really wasn't worth knowing about and that it'll pass over soon enough. Also easily ignored is anything that manages to spawn shitty "parody" videos by everyone and their brother within hours of it becoming a thing. If it's so easily mocked or replicated, the original thing must not have been that special. For instance, I still don't know what the fox said, yet I've managed to lead a full and healthy life.

Netflix is going to start giving me some really vile recommendations because of this.

You could create a separate profile for bad movies (unless you're using a Roku or other device that won't let you switch profiles). I don't do this and Netflix regularly suggests movies and predicts that I would give them less than 3 stars.

• Like 1

I think the dress is worth a look, because I've always enjoyed that optical illusion stuff. And this is one that actually exists in three dimensions.

It looks white and gold to me, but then I squint at the picture and it turns black and blue.

I have to respect the artistry involved. I mean, sure, now I've seen it and I'm over it, but it was interesting to me nonetheless.

Oh, and back on topic... Did anyone else hear the name Josh Duhamel and get him mixed up with Jay Baruchel, and wonder what the hell he'd be doing in this movie?

• Like 1

I'm really really hoping that this twist ending that everyone speaks of is the same as the twist ending in Sleepaway Camp.