🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 15 — The Candy Lawrence Show

Good morning and welcome back to The Candy Lawrence Show with your host Candy Lawrence! This week Candy’s guest is Edible Arrangements employee & prop comic Diane Swanson. Diane shows us a little of her prop comedy, Candy & Diane workshop some jokes, and both make some wishes in a wishing well. Later, Traci Reardon joins them to offer advice on how to deal with your boss and more to her Twitter followers in her recurring segment, “Help Me, Rhonda.”

On Parks and Rec a charac named Diane married Ron Swanson, so I wonder if Lapkus' charac name is a nod to P&R.

Moy beuno episodio

• Like 1

Candy Lawrence? More like MARTIN Lawrence, because she was so funny!

This was a really bizarre ep, but a grep nonetheless. I've always thought that the best venue for prop comedy was radio.

• Like 2

Loved how much they were cracking each other up the whole way through this. Super fun ep.

Ghost Dog, starring Bill Cosby?

Clever joke and all but sheesh, way to drag Forest Whitaker through the mud.

• Like 1

Last night I wouldn't have even - but

that baby toddler / Executive Producer from / of LifeTime's long running 'Home Alone : Trapped In A Well ' has snapped up a new girlfriend.

Red carpet looks limited to a pant suit with cargo pockets. Who wore it best?

"Share a hot tub with the mayor" really really got me

side note: when I was in like 3rd grade I decided I really wanted my name to be Candy and tried to get my friends to start calling me that. It didn't work at all.

• Like 6

Ghost Dog isn't exactly a well-known movie, so I would guess it was just a Ghost Dad reference without even thinking of the actual Ghost Dog.

"do you think Teen Wolf had a hairy dick?"

I loved that there was a Harry's ad right after that part.

This whole episode was delightfully silly.

• Like 2

this episode killed me, i laughed and laughed

• Like 4

they actually amended it to Bark Cosby :P

I really hope these 2 return at some point. Such hilarious nonsense. One of my faves. That "dayjob vu" line was hilarious. reminded me of foam.

toot + toot = fourt.

• Like 1

Hey, cool, my first time seeing someone I've watched at indie comedy shows in Chicago move to L.A. and pop up on Earwolf.

• Like 1

so if i were to write this equation out, would it be:

toot + toot = fart

toot + toot = fourt

twot + twot = fourt

Okay. Let's review. For serious. Ghost Dog = Classic Forest Whitaker at his best, Jim Jarmusch's arguably best film. Bark Dog = A Bill Cosby joke. Ghost Dog is exceptionaly great. First film to draw comparison to black slavery and native americans. Bill Cosby is now some joke. LL please don't fall into a satire pit.

Okay. Let's review. For serious. Ghost Dog = Classic Forest Whitaker at his best, Jim Jarmusch's arguably best film. Bark Dog = A Bill Cosby joke. Ghost Dog is exceptionaly great. First film to draw comparison to black slavery and native americans. Bill Cosby is now some joke. LL please don't fall into a satire pit.

Ghost Dog isn't exactly a well-known movie, so I would guess it was just a Ghost Dad reference without even thinking of the actual Ghost Dog.

i agree with Kickpuncher. Even I know about Ghost Dog way of the samurai and my first thought at the mention was Ghost dad. Like he said, it's highly probable that LL doesn't know this movie.

I love it when the hosts manage to strongly maintain their initial show premise for the duration of the episode, but when the comedy is this good, they can go off the rails as much as they want!

Sign in to follow this