🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

For your consideration

FUTUREWORLD

after seeing Zardoz anyone up for Futureworld 1976 classic with Peter Fonda.

if you have not seen the first one, Go watch it's WESTWORLD.

it's got a starwars chess game that kicks ass. that scene alone I could watch all day.

Don't take one sip when you watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTMtu4Z5T-U

Mind blowing special effects.

i know it's a cult classic, but it's worse done then the first one westworld.. Westworld is a pre terminator movie. That's all you need to know without spoiling you.

Scientists have all of the problems solved from the first Westworld. You see in futureworld, all of the computer operator stations in the NASA like computer control room that are running the show are run by robots, it's brilliant. And makes perfectly logical sense. and the reason we know the computer operators are robots is because Peter Fonda's charactor "Chuck Browning" News reporter asks Tracy his assistant to " turn them on".. I kid you not.

Yul Brynner is not really in this movie but just flash backs to Westworld movie and is only really shown as a sex fantasy she has with him in her dreams.

This movie is far out man.

• Like 1

I watched this recently on Amazon Prime and was kinda disappointed, especially after how good the first movie is. The whole idea of clone robots replacing people was really out of nowhere and it seemed like they just went with every sci-fi cliche rather than something original like the first movie had.

• Like 1

How disappointing that they followed up the excellent Westworld with this nutty turd of a film. Amazing they were able to get the cast they did for a really mediocre sequel before mediocre sequels became so popular.

I am always sort of amused and annoyed at Hollywood's portrayals of sentient (read: emotional) machines. They seem to think that something like a single small change to code will unlock all of the complexity that are human emotions. That was one of the things that made the original Westworld work, that the safeguards were malfunctioning and they were just obeying their programming. (I have yet to see the HBO show though)

• Like 1

Yeah, I just saw this on tv. I almost fell asleep. You get to see Peter Fonda's lush pubic hair when he's lying on a table. And Blythe Danner is in it. She and Gwyneth could be twins, except I think the mother is a better actor. Lots of vintage, casual sexism. They try to pull a Manchurian Candidate and make stiff copies of world leaders.

There are a plethora of jumpsuits featured.