🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 337 — The Ying and the Yankovic

Didn't Tim Heidecker abstain from voting before on a Would You Rather?

It's happened a few times, "this is unprecedented" is a bit of a running joke...

• Like 4

Not to be too controversial, but I like this podcast a lot.

• Like 4

Al almost talked U2 to us.

Such a missed opportunity that Scott didn't ask Al how he first heard of U2. I like to think he would have if the conversation hadn't taken a turn elsewhere.

• Like 1

I'm usually able to hold it together when I listen to podcasts in public, but the pre-intro banter made me lose it a couple times. I go back and forth on my favorite PFT character, but I definitely think that ALW is the best for bringing out his playfully adversarial relationship with Scott(rick) that someone mentioned earlier.

• Like 2

Mar 2 barada nikto

• Like 1

i simply can't believe i'm the first to do this:

oyJzzTu.jpg

• Like 10

This is truly a C+ lineup of guests. Guess I should call in sick, listen to this, and spend the morning submitting obscene questions to my local frozen yogurt discussion board.

Oh God, what has "U talkin' U2 2 me?" started?

I hope at the next "Best Of's", there's an honorary award for most "C+" episode of the year, lol :D

Maybe I've told this story before but I don't/can't care. I saw Weird Al in 1983 when I was 13, my first concert. I took my daughter to see him a few years ago, her first concert. My son is now thirteen and I'm taking both of them to see him in Indy in May. It will be his Al-mitzvah. "Today you are a weirdo." My daughter is getting ready to go off to college next fall, and it suddenly dawned on my wife that the only concert she's ever been to is Weird Al-- twice -- with her dad. That's not likely to win her any cool points, she wondered. I think she's wrong, though. My guess is that having seen The Vicar of Yanks twice will endear her to those who are genuinely interesting people. Screw being cool, kid. You're weird. Cool fades after your twenties. Weird lasts forever.

• Like 5

Maybe I've told this story before but I don't/can't care. I saw Weird Al in 1983 when I was 13, my first concert. I took my daughter to see him a few years ago, her first concert. My son is now thirteen and I'm taking both of them to see him in Indy in May. It will be his Al-mitzvah. "Today you are a weirdo." My daughter is getting ready to go off to college next fall, and it suddenly dawned on my wife that the only concert she's ever been to is Weird Al-- twice -- with her dad. That's not likely to win her any cool points, she wondered. I think she's wrong, though. My guess is that having seen The Vicar of Yanks twice will endear her to those who are genuinely interesting people. Screw being cool, kid. You're weird. Cool fades after your twenties. Weird lasts forever.

As a person who loves real music, I would vote no... being a fan of and/or witnessing in concert ONLY weird Al would not endear her to only genuinely interesting people, maybe self important hipstery people, who I don't always find as interesting as they think they are

Scottrick: Keep the shit in your butt, please void your urine.

Lord Andy[deadpan and infused with such virulent disdain]: Why am I here?

Dead. RIP me. I find SO MUCH JOY in the way PFT has zero tolerance for Hot Saucerman's antics.

Warms my cold little heart.

• Like 7

weird al was my first legitimate concert experience and I remember being pretty much front row (it was an outdoor stage at a street fair kind of thing). I'm always pleased when I hear other people say Al was their first concert too. Even Jimmy Fallon has said this. anyways. funny ep as always with Al and ALW. Just wanted to leave a comment saying I thought everyone did a good job and I enjoyed their work on the episode.

• Like 1

"What's Up Hot Dog?" is not a Scott Aukerman product, it was a guy in a 7-11. He told the story the day it happened on NNF 626. I love CBB, but I can no longer allow Mr. Saucerman to claim this as his own.

• Like 2

Wengert got thrown into the fire here and balked a little bit. I wish he would've done better though this was a difficult ask. Not a lot of room to move inside the Scotty/PFT/Weirdo Al perfecto trifecta -- especially when trying out a half-baked character. I do hope we get more Wengert this year.

Wengert got thrown into the fire here and balked a little bit. I wish he would've done better though this was a difficult ask. Not a lot of room to move inside the Scotty/PFT/Weirdo Al perfecto trifecta -- especially when trying out a half-baked character. I do hope we get more Wengert this year.

If we're being honest here, and we are, I felt like at times PFT was doing a Jon Daly as Zappity Tappity with how he would steamroll certain bits and/or immediately cut someone off or interject without listening. Usually I have no qualms with PFT, but he seemed way more overeager than usual on this one, and I think it ended up squelching Wengert and eventually led him to clam up.

• Like 2

My Model Weird Al "Burger"

Soft Hallah bread grilled

Two thin layers of chocolate ganache, a thing fudge layer of peppermint patty with a vanilla and ginger crumble

I will get back to you guys on the result ^_^

Another great episode CBB team.

Well, they've both played retail co-workers of Kroll characters on Kroll Show.

• Like 2

If we're being honest here, and we are, I felt like at times PFT was doing a Jon Daly as Zappity Tappity with how he would steamroll certain bits and/or immediately cut someone off or interject without listening. Usually I have no qualms with PFT, but he seemed way more overeager than usual on this one, and I think it ended up squelching Wengert and eventually led him to clam up.

Perfect critical read of the episode. I'm absolutely all in for letting PFT run amok everytime anytime always, as the reward always beats risk, but "squelched" is the perfect word for Wengert on this one. He didn't have much room here. The guy is super sharp and funny and I hope he gets more chances this year.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this