🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 337 — The Ying and the Yankovic

Perfect critical read of the episode. I'm absolutely all in for letting PFT run amok everytime anytime always, as the reward always beats risk, but "squelched" is the perfect word for Wengert on this one. He didn't have much room here. The guy is super sharp and funny and I hope he gets more chances this year.

Appreciate it. I was wary of being critical of PFT, but Wengert had some solidly droll bits that I felt got a bit snipped. Poor out of luck Doug. I feel like he and Hot Dog would get along great with their shared bad luck. I loved the melancholy trying to suppress laughter every now and then as well. I wouldn't mind hearing Doug Doyzoice back soon.

• Like 1

As a person who loves real music, I would vote no... being a fan of and/or witnessing in concert ONLY weird Al would not endear her to only genuinely interesting people, maybe self important hipstery people, who I don't always find as interesting as they think they are

you love "real music" you say?

you love "real music" you say?

Yes

Real music as in music made for music's sake, rather than made for parody and comedy's sake. I appreciate some musical comedy, but its a niche. I can't fathom only appreciating comedic music, seems like such misuse of an art form

• Like 1

Yes

Real music as in music made for music's sake, rather than made for parody and comedy's sake. I appreciate some musical comedy, but its a niche. I can't fathom only appreciating comedic music, seems like such misuse of an art form

obviously you should like whatever kind of music that you like.

but for what or whose (whom's?) sake music is made seems irrelevant... especially to your bigger point -- which is (i think) that fans of comedy music are hipsters and/or are self righteous?

i don't even know if that's what you're trying to say. all i do know is that if someone wants to listen to solely musical comedy and nothing else, they should be able to do that and enjoy it and it's not really fair of you to judge them for it.

personally, i love weird al, but like most people, i also listen to other artists, who generally don't sing parodies. regardless of whether or not a song is funny or not, it's definitely real music, and it occasionally makes me feel inspired, sad, happy, or something else entirely.

• Like 1

Wow buddy, calm the F down. The person came out and wanted to be celebrated because of the Nobel Prize worthy cause of raising a child who only appreciates Weird Al music, so what a great and amazing person that makes them...

My point was simply that liking only parody music doesn't an amazing person make, but I guess I'm not entitled to my opinion since it doesnt champion Weird Al as the only worthy musician to ever exist

Fresh take hipster!

wow. there's no reason to get all aggro. (capital f? jeez)

i was defending a guy for bonding with his kids over weird al... now i just feel dirty.

grepisode

I like that Joe Wengurt does a different character every time he is on, but I'll be at least a little sad if I never hear from Doug Doyzoice again.

He's already been on CBB as Doug Doyzoice like three times before. Then again, maybe I'm just big upping him.

• Like 1

Wow buddy, calm the F down. The person came out and wanted to be celebrated because of the Nobel Prize worthy cause of raising a child who only appreciates Weird Al music, so what a great and amazing person that makes them...

My point was simply that liking only parody music doesn't an amazing person make, but I guess I'm not entitled to my opinion since it doesnt champion Weird Al as the only worthy musician to ever exist

Fresh take hipster!

Hopefully this father takes his daughter to another concert soon because there's no other way children discover music in my opinion, especially during their teenage years. As I type this I'm still waiting for my own father to call with concert tickets before he passes and I'm stuck just listening to James Taylor for the rest of my life.

• Like 2

Not sure why, but this snippet during Would You Rather? had me absolutely dying:

Doyzoice: Is it possible to get the tattoos in the color of your skintone?
Scott: It's a lot like coloring with a certain color of crayon on top of crayon though that's the same color. You can still see a little bit of it.
PFT: Yes, we've all had that experience when we've drawn something with crayon and don't want anybody to see this.

I just lost it at Doyzoice's response to keeping the party going:

"OK. Let's get a pizza"

dry humor works so well on a podcast lol

Sign in to follow this