🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 73 — The Gilmore Guys, Our Close Friend

Bonus XP for listening to this week. Hayes and Sean interview two guys fresh out of Portlandia who say they're feminist. Pretty offense and actually not a real thing that can occur.

It took me two 50 dollar bills to light my grandfather's 28 dollar cigar when I kept looking at the hovering speaker drone in his other apple orchard and laughing at how quiet the Gilmore Group plus I also liked when Hayes and Sean did jokes about long running popular and well known TV shows like CSI, Oscar.

• Like 4

Has anyone figured out why that lady was so angry to get that Oscar?

• Like 7

I identify with this episode after getting really sick due to some rancid tabouli.

• Like 6

I can't believe "burger" was said like a thousand times in that Seinfeld podcast and no one said "hamburger sandwich." Our little boys are really growing up...

This is upsetting. I don't want the show to broaden its appeal by slowing down on the endless self-referentiality. Or to broaden its appeal in any other way.

• Like 2

Additional note: I love that Sean and Hayes haven't seen any of these Oscar movies and don't know who any of these people are (except Meryl Streep).

They didn't even realize that the lady who sounded mad to win a award won it for Engineer Cody Boy.

• Like 3

Hayes sound like he have a cold this week, but on the other hand I finally figured out the name of the sponsor is "Loot Crate" and not "Lucrate." Enunciation isn't our boys' strong suit.

• Like 2

Bonus XP for listening to this week. Hayes and Sean interview two guys fresh out of Portlandia who say they're feminist. Pretty offense and actually not a real thing that can occur.

It took me two 50 dollar bills to light my grandfather's 28 dollar cigar when I kept looking at the hovering speaker drone in his other apple orchard and laughing at how quiet the Gilmore Group plus I also liked when Hayes and Sean did jokes about long running popular and well known TV shows like CSI, Oscar.

I don't even know what you're talking about, kid, but you seem special. Shine on you crazy diamond!

• Like 7

I don't know, it's a famously cantankerous and reclusive magazine. It was basically published once and never heard from again.

Did you hear that later this year a sequel issue which no one asked for and which cannot possibly be favourably reviewed next to the classic original issue is coming out?

Also, Catherine Keener. (I always mix her up with Mary Steenburgen.)

• Like 2

Dear Anastasia Vigo ,

Thank you for your encouragement.

The barbers in my barber shop have been wanting to call you Sia Cat Photo. The shop has a speakeasy style entrance through the wall in another Russian's butcher shop. If this nickname is disappointing I can reduce their wages to a disagreeable profit point.

Yours Truly,

BoScout The Kid

• Like 2

Did you hear that later this year a sequel issue which no one asked for and which cannot possibly be favourably reviewed next to the classic original issue is coming out?

Also, Catherine Keener. (I always mix her up with Mary Steenburgen.)

Catherine Keener is my number-one imaginary girlfriend. She is beautiful, and also seems very grouchy but maybe with a heart of gold. Which is how I like my coffee (and also my women). I don't know who Mary Steenburgen is, but she sounds hot.

• Like 4

I don't know who Mary Steenburgen is, but she sounds hot.

She was the Catherine Keener in Step Brothers

• Like 6

Happy Birthday, MBoP, if today is in fact your birthday.

• Like 8

[Mary Steenburgen] was the Catherine Keener in Step Brothers

I looked her up. She definitely is hot, but doesn't seem as deeply grouchy as Catherine Keener, so I'm afraid she can't be my imaginary girlfriend. Will you break the news to her for me? I'm terrible at that kind of stuff.

• Like 2

Just some thoughts:

• The Popcorn Gallery theme is an objectively bad song, but that doesn't stop it from constantly playing in my head
  • Are the Indiana Pacers the only sports team named after a different sport?
  • I've been growing a beard since November, but now I see that Hayes and Sean have shaved. Does that mean I have to shave?

• Like 3

I've been trying to teach myself Photoshop so I can hack it with all the cool photoshop people and get boffo likes on ALL my posts.

Your reign as photoshop kings is over, Burgy and Dixy, there's a new sheriff in town and he's actually not a sheriff at all...he's the new photoshop king and he's really handsome and it's me.

10847270_790270801059570_8387486168156131561_o.jpg

• Like 14

• The Popcorn Gallery theme is an objectively bad song

This deserves a huge EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WRONG!

Shame on you

• Like 11

Maybe Magneto is a ISIS too.

• Like 1

I've been trying to teach myself Photoshop so I can hack it with all the cool photoshop people and get boffo likes on ALL my posts.

Your reign as photoshop kings is over, Burgy and Dixy, there's a new sheriff in town and he's actually not a sheriff at all...he's the new photoshop king and he's really handsome and it's me.

You're a real Joseph McGurl

• Like 4

• Are the Indiana Pacers the only sports team named after a different sport?

no, the Houston Rockets are named after one of the weapons in Quake II

• Like 2

10847270_790270801059570_8387486168156131561_o.jpg

This makes her look like Commander La Forge from Star Trek got sent back in time and started life over again as a cowboy in the Old West.

Disgusting Adam's apple, giant moustache, LeVar's VISOR and a cowboy hat brim.

Solid work, Photoprince.

• Like 6

You're a real Joseph McGurl

Fun fact: I reached out to him about a year ago actually and we had lunch in New York when he was there for an art conference. Really cool guy and a super talented artist. It's funny, his father's name is James and he has a brother named Brian and my father's name is Brian and I have a brother James.

• Like 5

Unrelated to this episode but can I just share that my favorite one-off HH bit was when they kept yelling "yeah right" at Pete Holmes about how he wasn't afraid of skellingtons. Part of me wishes they would bring that back but part of me wants it to live on as a special singular moment. For some reason nothing makes me laugh more than thinking about Sean saying "Sorry, but that's a yeah right"

• Like 8