🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 73 — The Gilmore Guys, Our Close Friend

That is a good song title, BUT I propose that "Beef for the Bevis Over (a medley) -Of Vegetables You Shall Enjoy", would be a good song title and band name, a good thing to order from a chinese restaurant, and semi-funny reverse syntax (Yoda style) sentence!

• Like 1

I played on a pretty serious club sports team in college (yes it was ultimate frisbee, why do you ask?), and we pulled a lot of mindlessly terrible and dubiously hilarious pranks. To us, the term "beef over" meant to cover something with raw hamburger meat. As in, "Hey, there's the Hopkins team's van, lets beef it over." We literally did this. A LOT of times.

Edit: when we finally got our first coach, we welcomed him to the team by beefing over his car at a tournament. He laughed about it, removed the meat, and went camping that night. He woke up to the sight of feral dogs standing on top of his car licking the beef residue. He then discovered the horrible claw-marks around the muffler area, because he hadn't found the beef we put on top of his muffler but the wild animals sure did. It was very funny, so I'd say it was a huge success, notwithstanding the cost of having his car repainted.

Edit: Before you hippies start giving me grief about it, I'll have you know I've been vegetarian since 1997! I would never beef over anyone at this point in my life, though I'm not above hiding carrot sticks in the radiator grill.

• Like 8

Joe McGurl, your recent Facebook post was wonderful and now I have to ask: Any thoughts on basic bitches?

• Like 4

My job forced me to de facto pass the torch to Dixon. Dixon's job has forced him to pass it to Joe. What's going to happen when Joe picks himself up by his bootstraps and gets America back to work?

I'm thinking we treat this like a book club where, each week, instead of bringing a box of wine and artisan Bagel Bites... one of us "brings" a piece of art made for the episode.

Also: Shoutout to my boy Ryan Sandrew. Stay woke, brother. Stay humble. Also, can one of our admin connections let him make an account? He seems to be in exile.

• Like 4

Edit: Before you hippies start giving me grief about it, I'll have you know I've been vegetarian since 1997! I would never beef over anyone at this point in my life, though I'm not above hiding carrot sticks in the radiator grill.

I tried to think of some great pun involving food and car parts, and my honest-to-god first thought was "transmission hummus" and now that phrase is repeating over & over in my head like an incantation for a shitty magic spell for crazy people. My life is bad now. This is your fault.

• Like 5

I only accept unconditional surrender. If you apologize I'm prepared to accept it. You will also accept a permanent banishment form #teamtreese

• Like 3

Yes the Treese/McGurl fued was so good because it was so organic. Joe asked if anyone wanted to beef and Tim stepped in and said "sure that sounds fun." and it all happrned naturally. This one seems forced.

Besides, thats a lot of beef for tim to deal with. He already has enough of that at work because he flips burgers at the google cafeteria.

And im at work and i ate an edible so im zoning. It was reeses puffs so it tasted good too. Isnt weed so cool? Its so.... Malleable. Is that the right word?

• Like 9

You guys, for the first time since I moved down here last summer I officially have a real person full time job. That means no more boring contract work from home. I want to thank you all just joking screw you all for making me waste all my days in photoshop these past few months. I imagine this means I wont be posting as much once this starts, or in reality will be posting the same amount just at night and on the weekend until I feel out what work is like. I trust Joe McGurl to rise to this new occasion now that he's a photoshop master, and show brgrho that other people can use the liquify tool too.

Ask, and ye shall recieve

11049481_790270674392916_7880690361634366589_n.jpg?oh=994c5674462dc09bb29250e49924a259&oe=5582A0E6&__gda__=1434728798_b84ac5b23cbbf53a1cdf9b52311b14ef

EDIT:

I'm pretty much just mashing up animals right now guys but I think the results speak for themselves...clearly.

• Like 10

Joe McGurl, your recent Facebook post was wonderful and now I have to ask: Any thoughts on basic bitches?

Thanks for the support. I always love reaching out to my fans!

Basic bitches have been getting a bad wrap lately, and you know what? The haters are missing out because being basic is, well, basically the best thing ever! So what if you're obsessed with pumpkin spice lattes, #manicuremonday, and Forever 21 — enjoying things that lots of other girls love doesn't make you lame. It means you have good taste, duh! It's time to shout from the rooftops (of Target cause that's your fav store obvi) and claim, "Hey, yeah, I'm a basic bitch, and I'm proud of it!"

• Like 7

Can anyone make me an avatar that matches my personality? My current one matches my skin tone but thats about it.

Edit: i just made a great joke on facebook this is for facebookers only tho cause itz kinda racey

• Like 1

Can anyone make me an avatar that matches my personality? My current one matches my skin tone but thats about it.

shf0h69.jpg

• Like 4

Not sure if you understand my name but i love it lol

Edit: this damn thing never lets me change my picture ughghh ima throw a fit!

• Like 2

Not sure if you understand my name but i love it lol

Well it seems I made myself look like a dumb fooooooooool. Soz babes.

MjooIWe.jpg

• Like 3

THATS WHAT THE FUCK IM TALMBOUT DAWG!

• Like 4

RECOMMENDED AVATARS FOR MEMBERS OF THE HOLLYWOOD HANDBOOK FORUM:

uaksMnX.pngvHzllIm.png9klj29L.png

wq1RJjp.pngNuR5RI6.pngCttLkFh.png

Oh! I want to use one of these so badly, but I feel like I need to stick with my pirate cat forever, as it's part of my brand now. Damn, I'm being held hostage by this pirate cat!

• Like 5

Oh! I want to use one of these so badly, but I feel like I need to stick with my pirate cat forever, as it's part of my brand now. Damn, I'm being held hostage by this pirate cat!

cISQTj0.png

• Like 9

XLRZMHa.jpg

It's hard to find a good picture of a pig in a director's chair. Also, I don't know if your personality is an exact match to your username, but I like my chances!

Edit: I first thought that your personality could be like the initialism of your username, but decided against it. Though I've heard rumors that you did spend several months as the #1 US single.

mmmbop.jpg

• Like 9

Please, I been using Photoshop since back when it used to be entirely text-based!

(That's a little joke for all my fellow old people.)

Edit: Seriously though, whenever Joe McGurl is ready to pass the torch, I'll be here. I'm working on this new idea where I take a famous celebrity's head and mash it onto the body of a totally naked person.

• Like 5

I only accept unconditional surrender. If you apologize I'm prepared to accept it. You will also accept a permanent banishment form #teamtreese

I'm not sure if I can't accept these terms. Here is my counter-offer:

• I will offer a conditional surrender
  • I will apologize, but you won't accept it
  • I need to know the advantages of being on #teamtreese before accepting permanent banishment
  • I would like for you to compliment my song
  • I would like an apology for your criticism of my not having a pop filter. Furthermore, you will admit what a terrible mistake you made by filtering out the pops when you recorded the POPCORN GALLERY THEME!
  • I would like to be signed to Hollywood Hitz Records
  • Finally, I would like for you to pay for an all inclusive trip to LA the next time there's a live Hollywood Handbook taping.

I think this is a fair compromise. Please review and let me know your answer at your earliest convenience.

• Like 2