🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 8 - Into the Singularity

The Hooray Show collapses into the space-time continuum as Horatio interviews Milana Vayntrub about her dream road trip and Hector interviews Jerry Minor for the Hector's Dispensary podcast because Milana insists on driving an '82 Bronco and it's all fourth dimension stuff... just listen. On the phone, everyone turns Perla's frown upside down, and we check in with Brad from Wisconsin. No horses were harmed in the recording of this episode.

• Like 1

That Father John Misty song they played is fucking excellent

• Like 1

Just started the episode. And the award for hardest I've laughed at an ad goes to Horatio for Square Pace.

• Like 4

Just started the episode. And the award for hardest I've laughed at an ad goes to Horatio for Square Pace.

Take THAT mail kimp!

• Like 5

DANG! The Hooray Show is playing hard ball in the paint, throwing 'bows to become my new fav podcast!

MF'ers got the best crumble in town. - B.Gibbons

• Like 2

"I MAKE THE SHIT EATING RULES GOD DAMNIT!!"

Horatio was right though, that Milana really is lovely. She's got a good vibe, I would totes be friends with her.

• Like 4

Wednesday morning QB:

Good morning HoorayHeads! Can I start calling you that? No? Okay, fair enough.

h/t once again to July Diaz and the Earwolf team who were somehow awake when I delivered this episode at 1:30 am pacific time. We did the ad reads and final listen through starting at about 9 pm last night due to Horatio being on a shoot.

Let me start by saying that Milana gives the best hugs. If there were hugging in baseball, she's Ted fucking Williams.

"Into the Singularity"

I will just go ahead and say that the proper title of this show should be "Into the Singularity part 1" - This is the first of a three part series leading us into Episodes 9 and X.

The show is starting to fold in on itself as all points in space and time collapse into one singularity. One truth. All will be revealed.

I need coffee....

Chad

• Like 7

I really enjoyed how genuinely Milana and Horatio enjoyed each other's company, the discussion about music was great and reminded me to pick up Father John Misty's latest, and Jerry Minor of course is always stone-cold killing it. Very exciting news that this is part of a trilogy!

• Like 1

One truth. All will be revealed.

I am reading this in Doctor Bronner's voice. (Well, Adomian's Bronner)

As soon as Horatio mentioned wax animals, I was catapulted back in time to childhood visits to Brookfield Zoo, where those machines churned out burning-crayon fumes the same way Subway pumps rancid-bleach "bread" smell into the atmosphere. Then I remembered Raj's Chicago roots and…duh.

Anyone who knows Milana exclusively as "the AT&T girl" should check out her comedy work, most notably in Live Prude Girls. She's fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3oXmqw22XE

• Like 3

The Billy Gibbons bit was too fucking funny. Milana was lovely, some good real talk in there between the bits.

• Like 2

Yay! It's the chick from the AT&T commercials! :D

She was surprisingly hilarious on a recent 'Doug Loves Movies'. Usually, when they don't know how to play the games on that podcast, it drives me nuts - but she went through it in hilarious fashion! And this podcast is always hilarious, so the combination is going to be GREAT.

C'mon; Download faster, podcast! I wanna listen!

Another great episode and I like the dynamic between Horatio as the host and Chad as the co-host and producer, it works well as a thread between the bits as we jump around and it feels like it helps keep things relatively under control. I laughed quite a bit throughout but the line about an evil mayor setting up the son of his rival with the horse-blowing story made me laugh so fucking hard. That whole bit was amazing, especially for a call-in. I need to try to get through some day soon! I'll pay the long distance from balmy Canada.

If you see this Chad, may I ask how you're able to use all of that music without infringing on any copyrights? I'm really ignorant about that stuff but I'm curious about it and I think it could be useful info. Please keep these coming! It really is easily one of my favorite podcasts and I'm glad this is part 1 of a trilogy because strangely enough me and some friends were just talking about the technological singularity on the weekend.

You don't need to play "crazy" every time someone says crazy. Not every adjective deserves a theme song. Really distracting.

Yay! It's the chick from the AT&T commercials! :D

She was surprisingly hilarious on a recent 'Doug Loves Movies'. And this podcast is always hilarious... c'mon; Download faster, podcast! I wanna listen!

Yeah, she did a really good job on those (she was also on one other episode, which I guess was in November, but for some reason their archive only seems to go back to December) of comedically owning the fact that she seems to know very little about movies without actually seeming dumb, which is something that a lot of guests can't do.

Hooray for another great ep!

• Like 1

This is easily my new favorite podcast. This episode was so calming and comfortable, but also funny as hell.

Horatio has managed to make the best podcast, especially when it comes to feeling like you're just hanging out with friends.

Sign in to follow this