🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 338 — Be My Guest, Literally

Perhaps the greatest two hours ever to be recorded.

• Like 6

Close it up, close it up

Close it up, close it up

BLECH!

(By "it", I mean the Best of 2015 competition.)

Michael was great and just happened to pick the same three guests I would pick, so this was pretty much perfect for me. PFT's aggressive Santa at the end was one of my favorite CBB moments ever.

• Like 6

So, why were the birthday boys there? Were they canceled from this episode?

IMG_0391.jpg

There's so much talent in that picture I've gone blind! That's how it works, right?

• Like 4

There's so much talent in that picture I've gone blind! That's how it works, right?

Sure, it's because of the talent in the picture that you've gone blind. Its just a crazy coincidence that you were furiously masturbating while you looked at it.

• Like 7

Michael, oh I mean, uh... Joseph held his own. Since I'm sure he reads the message boards, I give him a C+ on his first CBB appearance.

• Like 2

So, Kulap's documentary is called "Orange's Story"?

Origins: The New Story

• Like 8

"Well, well, well. Look at this candy-ass motherfucker!" I hope Santa comes more than once a year.

Played this part back 15 times. Just wrecked laughing so hard.

• Like 7

Real talk, Michael needs a crapload of thanks and love for putting together an episode that stands as a strong contender for GOAT. I was doubled over in laughter in a Walmart parking lot and worrying people around me.

• Like 14

Played this part back 15 times. Just wrecked laughing so hard.

This was the part where I had to turn it off because I was embarassing myself laughing so hard at work. Probably should have done it much sooner, tbh.

• Like 2

Holy crap, this episode had me dying a few times. When Andy said, Geico the first time, I was in physical pain for like five minutes from laughing so hard.

• Like 11

Always afraid when shows have buy-in guests, but Mr. Ableson was able, son!

Also, really a shame that Name French Actors was nothing as a game and pretty pretty weak as a joke (as far as lasting power goes, it was hilarious in its non-jokeness in the moment), because that theme song was great. Haven't seen such a great-theme-nothing-bit since Hollywood Facts!

Also, PFT always gets all the credit for his camera-flirting, and deservedly so, but can we just have a moment for this Daly face?

IMG_0383.jpg

• Like 7

This was the part where I had to turn it off because I was embarassing myself laughing so hard at work. Probably should have done it much sooner, tbh.

I heard that part tonight while making dinner for the family and my wife had to come check on me because she thought I was sobbing because I was doing that 'laughing-so-hard-I-am-gasping-for-breath' thing.

• Like 3

On a second listen I realized what it was that felt off in this episode- Andy Daly isn't constantly being thrown premise breaking curveballs. It gives his performance a 'braced' quality, like trying to pet a dog that's used to being hit. I hope it doesn't let him think he can relax when he does another episode with Zouks.

It did feel weird that Jean Claude didn't jump out the windowdowblech

• Like 6

Loved the group ad reads, loved Michael's performance, loved Santa and the Gang, love love love. Definite C+

Question though: what was that weird music they played instead of the Would You Rather Theme?

• Like 5

Question though: what was that weird music they played instead of the Would You Rather Theme?

I don't know, but the several-second delay before it was played was a nice clue that Cody was this episode's Engineer Cody before he was mentioned later on.

• Like 10

Incredible. Everyone sounded like they were having a great time, just hanging out, and they were totally on point. At the top of their game. The sudden introduction of PFT's Santa is the stuff of CBB legend. Can't believe how much mileage LL gets out of ?Ho-ho. New all-time fave, I'm sure.

• Like 2

I can't deal with this, I don't deserve something as wonderful as this episode. Also want to point out that the guys helping read the ads were funny and nice and smart and good.

PFT Santa should be an annual tradition but in March instead of December. The fact that he and Ho Ho were on this completely non-seasonal episode made them that much funnier.

• Like 10

This might just be the best and most perfect episode of CBB ever. The 3 characters were hilarious and in sync, Michael was quick on his feet and ready to play along, and the ads had Sean and Hayes. I really can't imagine a better episode.

• Like 7