🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 338 — Be My Guest, Literally

Shout-out to Michael for handling himself gracefully and funnily. I wish it didn't take a big-money donor to get PFT and Daly (and Lapkus) on the same episode, though. PFT and Daly are so great when they team up -- remember Dalton Wilcox's literary agent? Would be great to have more heavy hitters together more often! Can't argue with the results here.

• Like 5

Who's gonna jump on that HoHo Twitter handle?? Is it taken already?

• Like 1

"But you just said you liked music."

"I don't know."

I feel like this perfectly sums up the episode for me. There was no rhyme or reason to anything, and the point was to just have a good show. So much off the mic laughter, and I think this was the first CBB! since the introduction of Dalton Wilcox to make me laugh so hard I cried.

Confession: When I'm alone, I sometimes think about how I'd handle being on CBB! I always seem so cool and collected in my head, but I'm afraid that if this scenario were to actually occur, I would be a bumbling idiot who might actually crap themselves. So good on ya, Michael. You held your own like a boss.

• Like 15

So, why were the birthday boys there? Were they canceled from this episode?

IMG_0391.jpg

Hanford rocking the cancellation beard

• Like 3

Have to just add my voice to the growing chorus of people cheers'ing the unbelievable talent, goodwill, and next-level improv chops on display in this episode. Loved how tickled PFT is by Ho-Ho's bad vibrationss. Loved how Daly's French accent veers into Germanic and Boratish at will. Loved Scott and co.'s willingness to give Michael shit, and his total willingness to take it and play along like a damn champ. And LOVED the very distinct possibility that Hayes and Sean will be on a CBB soon (?!?!) which would be a real game-changer, GOAT-wise, I think.

• Like 3

They're probably waiting to appear on another Earwolf or Wolfpop podcast. We've witnessed Steve Agee and Leonard Maltin just hanging out on the Comedy Couch before.

Improv678?humans ep /w birthday boys?!?!

• Like 2

Paul's Santa sounded so much like Santa from that episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force where Meatwad gets the magical t-shirt.

"do I have to deliver Christmas presents to a bunch of goddamned bees?!?"

oh man, I cried laughing again... way B.C.

• Like 7

That game of "Name French Actors" was like the #1 rule in Dracula's house: No stakes!

could've used this line in Werner's Nosferatu remake.

• Like 1

in the future it will be revealed that Alan Thicke is Santa Claus. buhhhhh

hilarious episode. this year of CBB has been amazing. ho ho is one of my favorites by far blehhh. Everyone brought their A game and Scott is such an accommodating host.

• Like 3

Best part of the show was Hayes and Sean reading the ads. They need to be on CBB soon

I just remembered that Scott said in an ep of UTU2TM? that they record the ads directly after recording an ep. Maybe this means they recorded an ep together and did the ads together right after? My hopes are up! Hayes and Sean you read the boards just say if you did.

"do I have to deliver Christmas presents to a bunch of goddamned bees?!?"

oh man, I cried laughing again... way B.C.

HA! Totally forgot about that! Only PFT can get thrown a character in the middle of a show and turn it into the most memorable part of the whole thing.

• Like 2

Y'know, if I was trying to sell an improv-hater on this show, describing it as two hours of conversation and game-playing between a hammy French actor, a stoic German filmmaker, an English investment attorney, a naughty elf and a grumpy Santa Claus would probably sound like everything people hate about improv. And yet this is perfection.

• Like 7

Y'know, if I was trying to sell an improv-hater on this show, describing it as two hours of conversation and game-playing between a hammy French actor, a stoic German filmmaker, an English investment attorney, a naughty elf and a grumpy Santa Claus would probably sound like everything people hate about improv. And yet this is perfection.

Haters are like hop ons: you're going to get some.

• Like 4

Hanford rocking the cancellation beard

It only makes sense considering John Lennon grew a beard towards the cancellation of the Beatles.

• Like 3

I listened to this again this morning and god damn, this may be GOAT. Thank you so much Michael. You did a really great job (certainly better than I would have done) and assembled a pretty unbeatable cast.

My wife

Yep, Speakeasy is great, although I guess I can only bring the tally to about 3.5 viewers since I don't watch every episode.

• Like 1

In case anyone was wondering, Lauren says it's not her (unlike the Traci Reardon account, which is).

Correction: I created the account* and transferred control to Lauren, though she has yet to start tweeting with it.

* To preclude the jerks who often register the fake domains/Twitter accounts mentioned on CBB to promote their own podcasts

• Like 9

Being somewhat conversant in international cinema I was kinda cringing during the Name French Actors game (no one knows Juliette Binoche or Isabelle Huppert, even?) but it was redeemed by "French Stewart"