🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 338 — Be My Guest, Literally

No Marion Cotillard or Eva Green?

I kid, I kid. Great list of French people. Did anyone get the last one? Lauren's saying something about a person in the bathtub? Went way over my head, if I'm being honest.

BOBBY LEE!

Jean Claude: "It does not feel good to just stand here and watch a man be beat to death by santa claus and and elf but I don't see that I have a better option."

literally crying from laughing about this. Andy Daly is a dream and I know he's so busy but my greedy little heart wants him back for more CBB not just special eps!

Sigh, What's the premiere date for Review again?!!?

I'll just go ahead and echo everyone else, Michael did a great job picking the guests and contributing in his own right! Well done, C+.

• Like 3

Great list of French people. Did anyone get the last one? Lauren's saying something about a person in the bathtub? Went way over my head, if I'm being honest.

It was on Nickelodeon's All That, shortly after the age of Dinosaurs (on ABC).

• Like 4

Andre the Giant was in The Princess Bride. Greatest French actor of all time.

Anybody want a peanut?

• Like 4

Yet another kudos to Michael for gently reminding Scott whose day it was:

"I would very much enjoy hearing the cantina theme."

• Like 7

I cannot stop ugly-snorting while listening. And I won't stop listening at work. Sorry, customers and co-workers! This is what I do for a livings!

• Like 1

Re: Speakeasy, I generally forget it exists for a couple of months, remember, binge, repeat.

• Like 1

1. Alan Thicke is Santa Claus?

2. Do you think anyone has ever called Andy Daly 'Yes ANDy Daly'? Because that's a really funny joke

• Like 4

2. Do you think anyone has ever called Andy Daly 'Yes ANDy Daly'? Because that's a really funny joke

You know, now that I realize Michael blew this opportunity I take back everything I said.

• Like 1

I wasn't very excited to start listening to this one. "It's just a pay-to-play guest," I said.

I take it all back.

I would pay $36,000 to have Michael guest with these characters.

I think it was about the time that Santa started swearing over facetime that my boss asked me if I was doing okay.

Certainly a grepisode, perhaps a GOAT-pisode.

• Like 1

My wife and I also watch Speakeasy every week. That's at least three viewers, Paul. Enough of your bellyaching!

I never miss an episode, either. My favorite Speakeasy moment is when Paul reminds John Mulaney, "I am older than you," then Mulaney indicates what PFT's wearing and says, "yeah, but your not this much older than me."

• Like 5

My favorite Speakeasy moment is when Pablo Schreiber spends the entire conversation breaking the record for most drinks consumed during an episode of Speakeasy, and a completely sober Paul then refers to him by his brother's name, Liev.

• Like 3

My favorite is when John Hodgman was on and was talking about taking naps in his office when he was a publisher (which is a lot like Paul's story of sleeping under the counter when he worked at a movie rental place). John and Paul together is like a suit and manners workshop.

• Like 6

Seriously, the best-ofs this year could just be replaced with Michael, Paul, Lauren, and Andy coming back to do a UTU2TM-esque commentary episode. I would not mind and I truly loved the 2014 Best-Ofs

• Like 5

Yep, Speakeasy is great, although I guess I can only bring the tally to about 3.5 viewers since I don't watch every episode.

I don't make a point of watching it but whenever I've come across one of the interviews (usually via the youtube sidebar after watching some other PFT content) I'm struck by how he is roughly one zillion percent better at interviewing than Marc Maron. He's a thoughtful, engaged, prepared interviewer, three things that don't describe Maron's approach.

• Like 3

Everyone bringing up the similarity between Santa and Thicke makes me really want a Thicke/Ho-Ho episode so we can hear a "Buh"/BLECH-off.

• Like 4

My favorite Speakeasy moment is when Pablo Schreiber spends the entire conversation breaking the record for most drinks consumed during an episode of Speakeasy, and a completely sober Paul then refers to him by his brother's name, Liev.

I checked that episode out... is it just me or does Pablo spend the entire episode trying to seduce Paul?

*removes jacket, winks*

• Like 1

is it just me or does Pablo spend the entire episode trying to seduce Paul?

Who among us wouldn't?

• Like 3

Who among us wouldn't?

Gun to my head, I know I would.

I don't make a point of watching it but whenever I've come across one of the interviews (usually via the youtube sidebar after watching some other PFT content) I'm struck by how he is roughly one zillion percent better at interviewing than Marc Maron. He's a thoughtful, engaged, prepared interviewer, three things that don't describe Maron's approach.

sick burn

• Like 2

I love when guests are around my age and we have the same stupid 90s kids references.

Dinosaurs, All That etc.

Harris was the first person I felt that generational connect with.

• Like 6