๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 338 โ€” Be My Guest, Literally

PFT muffled laugh killed me every time... Michael Ableson I salute You!

normally not a fan, but oui man made me poo-pee in my panties.

ย 

great looseness in the ep, great to hear werner who is my favourite thumbkins voice.

ย 

great great great

• Like 1

I registered just so I could give this episode a heretical grade of B-! Michael, as a fan I'm sure you read the forums, so thanks for catalyzing an all-time great episode. Whatever you did pay, I'm sure it was worth it to be rewarded with your very own PFT off-mic laughter for "I'd like to plug the general concept of litigation..." All of us are jealous.

• Like 3

ย 

Gun to my head, I know I would.

ย 

Whatever helps you get it up...

• Like 3

Does Michael post here?

ย 

definitely not, so give us your scathing review of his performance

ย 

He did fine I thought, BAFTA's joke could have been delivered better, but it was quick so I'll give him that

OMG! Hilarious! One of the best episodes ever. "Get off your phones!" Santa kicks some candy-ass. PFT and everyone - just brilliant! Effing amazing! Good choices by M. Ableson. Great vibe! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

it was a different time, when this was not considered proper to put on television a close-up of a woman's vagina as a baby is emerging from it, with all the blood and fecal matter and all of the attendant disgusting human juices that herald the arrival of another miserable soul on this stupid planet - that we call home.

• Like 2

how is it that there was no Max Fleischer cartoon wherein Popeye goes through the calendar and names all the months?

This is just one of those episodes you finish and then immediately start again. 1st CBB in a while that had me literaly in tears.

I can't believe I had never heard Pepi. Ok, it's time. I have to listen to Nine Sweaters.

Nosferatu skips in... "Bon Soir!". 5 secs of audible guffaws from the entire cast. And me in tears.

ย 

Michael, you may be a corporate litigator but all is forgiven for bringing this dream cast together. Great job. C+!

• Like 1

Oh Werner, how have I missed you and your bleakness.

ย 

Speaking of which, I'm so glad the final episode of Dinosaurs got mentioned, because that shit is bleak (and right up his alley!). Though PFT mispoke, it wasn't the actions of humans that were the cause of their extinction, it was the dinosaur society that did it (though I think there may have been cavemen in the series).

ย 

http://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/dinosaurs-the-most-traumatizing-series-finale-ever#.cywmmRWyjj

• Like 1

One of the best episodes in a while. And thumbs up to Michael for being so good. Once he decides to stop working for the devil he may have a good second career

• Like 1

Relistening to this currently... imagine the world we'd be in if HoHo had actually never been able to get through to Santa. :-o

ย 

Slidingdoors.jpg

• Like 2

1. Alan Thicke is Santa Claus?

2. Do you think anyone has ever called Andy Daly 'Yes ANDy Daly'? Because that's a really funny joke

ย 

"That's a good joke!"

ย 

"That's a good joke!"

ย 

"That IS a good joke."

• Like 8

Everyone seems to agree that Santa can't be killed, but I thought the Santa Clause movies established that the title is passed on through bloodshed. Or are those movies not canonical?

• Like 5

I'm on my 3rd listen and I'm still yelling "MORCH" when PFT sets it up TWICE.

• Like 6

Another thing that killed me from this episode which I just remembered today and no one has mentioned yet - "New York City?!" Such a quintessential Paul/Scott reference, made ten times funnier by "Werner" saying it.

• Like 5

That was so, so good! A massive contender for the Best Of's! Cheers are definitely in order for Mr.Abelson - his taste in performers is SPOT ON. What a CBB Dream TEAM. And I'm glad he was there for you guys too - because now you get to hear just how all of us listeners are reacting to the hilarious jokes at home! Loved hearing him, and everyone else, lose it in the background in this ep!

ย 

I was definitely losing it at so many parts in this episode - the GEICO ad, the Ho Ho stuff, the Santa Claus... I really hope Lapkus and PFT come back in December for more shenanigans! It takes an enormous event to cast a shadow on Andy Daly's characters, but hearnig Santa go, "I'll fucking fight you" - all the while, casually tossing out "dude", "Bro" and a "Broseph" - definitely started such an event in this podcast! Though to be fair, Jean-Claude got some amazing lines in there too: "It does not feel good to just stand here and watch a man be beaten to death by Santa Claus and an Elf"!

ย 

:D :D :D :D

ย 

THIS WAS SUCH A GREAT EPISODE! Even had the Cantina music! Two games! And Sean & Hayes on ads! This had everything! I loved it. Bravo to everyone involved. Mr. Abelson; ya done good!!

• Like 6