🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 74 — Kumail Nanjiani, Our Close Friend

Sean and Hayes describe what pilot season is and describe the new show they've been working on. Then, KUMAIL NANJIANI stops by to talk to the guys about their company, their favorite super heroes, their upcoming video game. Finally, the Popcorn Gallery asks about @midnight, Pakingstan, and the best computers.

• Like 3

While Kumail is handsome and probably good at sports...I get a vibe he may be a closet nerd. Can't wait for episode hope they talk about comic book.

• Like 8

Could I BE1 looking forward to this episode any more.

1: A reference to "Chandler" from "Friends". That was his "catchphrase"/the way he phrased things. Just the "BE" part. He emphasized it for comic effect. You remember Chandler? From Friends? The popular 90s sitcom? Seriously? It was very popular. Jeez look it up. You'll be kicking yourselves.

• Like 12

Ooh yeah love too listen to the podcast when it's still only in double digit listener numbers baby! #bleedingedge

• Like 6

I'm getting the West Coast feed tonight, baby! (I'm in Bellevue, WA and I'm still awake)

• Like 3

Fighthaver cutscene all time best with a bullet

I came here to dog swap. Will anyone dog swap with me?

depends. Do you have some sort of legal framework in place? very scared of our modern litigious society.

• Like 2

Notes:

• Was Edgar Wright Kumail's bully?
  • Seriously, what is a shingle?
  • Zsinjeh has a Binocular Rift, he should test out their game
  • What did happen to Courteney Cox? Rachel had that movie written by the Survivorman where she got all wet, but I don't know about any Courteney movies
  • Hayes' cutscene joke is the best joke ever and they can shut down Earwolf now
  • Sean's dad is a retired police officer - I thought he was a farm orphan?
  • This Number One nerd just does not understand computer huh?
  • I was wrong, Axe Box was the best joke
  • They don't really like to talk to their listeners on the forums, they seem to actually like to watch the listeners talk amongst themselves

• Like 13

Notes:

Was Edgar Wright Kumail's bully?

Seriously, what is a shingle?

Zsinjeh has a Binocular Rift, he should test out their game

What did happen to Courteney Cox? Rachel had that movie written by the Survivorman where she got all wet, but I don't know about any Courteney movies

Hayes' cutscene joke is the best joke ever and they can shut down Earwolf now

Sean's dad is a retired police officer - I thought he was a farm orphan?

This Number One nerd just does not understand computer huh?

I was wrong, Axe Box was the best joke

They don't really like to talk to their listeners on the forums, they seem to actually like to watch the listeners talk amongst themselves

Meta alert: I'm a big fan that wanted to join the forum. You seem insane but I'm very invested in parsing this.

Whoever asked the question about the @midnight home game gets points

• Like 6

I enjoyed this episode a lot more, idk why, maybe the dynamics of the two duos last epi caused some nasty interactions. Hayes was really enjoying Sean's jokes, which is always nice to see. Kumail came with a solid take of non-plussedness which I think really works with the shows vibe, but had enough pliancy to go with the bits. I've also got to give a lot of respect for his sandbagging the "packing-stan" pcg; shame on u American Diaper and whomever liked that post. Really solid pre-guest segment too.

I was listening to the Dave Thomas epi after someone listed him as one of the great guests, and u know what, I agree. He seemed like a really cool guy.

• Like 9

I can't wait to watch Whites and Golds.

I'll bet that baby grandpa will have some very entertaining war stories.

• Like 2

10 minutes in and I guess I have my morning set for me now...

• Like 2

I was curious about this intriguing actor who played Pita, so I looked him up on the Wikipedia and wow!: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Hutcherson

I love how an entry for a 22-old-actor is longer than Stephen Hawking's! It's chock full of really interesting info, for example, did you know Josh is interested in directing? Blew my mind!

• Like 3

On the week of one of the greatest Comedy Bang Bang eps ever, somehow Hollywood Handbook still managed to be better this week. It was getting very close and then "Fight-Haver: Fast Drive" was a walk-off homerun.

• Like 8

Could I BE1 looking forward to this episode any more.

1: A reference to "Chandler" from "Friends". That was his "catchphrase"/the way he phrased things. Just the "BE" part. He emphasized it for comic effect. You remember Chandler? From Friends? The popular 90s sitcom? Seriously? It was very popular. Jeez look it up. You'll be kicking yourselves.

Just google "Bing," it should pop right up!

• Like 5

While Kumail is handsome and probably good at sports...I get a vibe he may be a closet nerd. Can't wait for episode hope they talk about comic book.

Your profile picture is my favorite...

I'm more of a lord nikon kind of guy, but crash override rulez too.

• Like 3

So I guess it goes without saying that I'm pretty famous now. I love these forums and would love to continue being active on them, but not sure if my new busy schedule will allow it.

I've already been offered a job directing all of the Baby Grandpa episodes ( they're doing a true detective thing where they just use one director for all the eps)

They're flying me out tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to working with Janet Reno, Condaleeza Rice, the Quiznos monsters and everyone else.

P.s. Can one of you photoshop wizards please create a pic of the writers room on baby grandpa?

• Like 3

"The computers is looking at you but the play station you're looking at it."

best description of computer and video games I've ever heard.

• Like 4

I'm almost threw up, trying not to laugh out loud at work at the at midnight home game rhyming game.

• Like 2

I really liked when Kumail said "It's a guy?" about Hayes's favorite (2nd favorite?) character, X-Man.

In the face of overwhelming opposition, I've abandoned my halfhearted insistence on using -s + apostrophe for possessive proper nouns.

Now I'm doing footnotes too suck on that PEACE

• Like 10

We have this new database at work where you can post things for the employee base to see, and comment and 'like' things. Cracking all the same jokes I do here over there and getting no likes. What gives?

• Like 15