🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 74 — Kumail Nanjiani, Our Close Friend

Joe, I tried to watch but it was too quiet and I couldn't hear it. The faces you were making were good though.

• Like 6

Wow, you're in a big time movie! Man, lots of forumers getting onto podcasts and movies and all the media. When will it be my time to shine?

What a ridiculous question! Every single thing you do is like the brightest star up there in space!

• Like 1

Hey gang, a short film that I did last fall was just put up on youtube today. So if you'd like to check it out, you can do so here:

It's less than 10 minutes and you get to watch me be very handsome and cute and also funny. You don't HAVE to watch but I'd certainly appreciate it!

Whoa, Joe, how did you get Jason Ritter to do lighting for you? Do all actors start out in grip and electrical?

PS - You were very handsome and cute and also funny!!

• Like 2

Speaking of which -- what episode do you guys use to try to get people to listen? I feel like I have to pick exactly the right one.

Any of the early ones with experienced improvisers, like #5 the first PFT.

Or just start with episode 1. It's not the best episode, but it's pretty darn good. I like that in the first episode they seemed quite nice and Sean said the log line. They were so naive back then!

• Like 7

They were very nice back then and now the main difference is they're even nicer

• Like 6

They were very nice back then and now the main difference is they're even nicer

Yes, this is exactly what I was trying to say. Thank you for clarifying, CORPSEFUCKER SHITLORD. You're a doll!

• Like 2

HnhZknA.gif

i added head tracking to robo sean and hayes so they stare dissapointingly @ u being a bad engineer

Good god in heaven, Zsinjeh, you're atop a throne of likes with this shtick.

• Like 4

10. I will kick Honlads in the nuts.

Friggin hell; sounds sore.

I've had such a completely shit week (two deaths), so it was nice to have the funny podcast to listen to today. Sean and Hayes, truly are, the best boys.

• Like 14

The way Sean trailed off while saying that his dad cooks hamburger sandwich was my favorite moment from this ep, shit made me buss everywhere.

• Like 9

Hmm looks like I may die if this Veebs's boss man doesn't get on the show? The blood will be on your hands, Sean and Hayes. It will be on her hands as well, maybe her face too.

• Like 6

Good god in heaven, Zsinjeh, you're atop a throne of likes with this shtick.

i'm drunk on likes!!

sadly the sick gif of the spaceship hangar I literally only added to get likes on a subforum only got me half as many :*(

• Like 6

Friggin hell; sounds sore.

I've had such a completely shit week (two deaths), so it was nice to have the funny podcast to listen to today. Sean and Hayes, truly are, the best boys.

Sorry to hear this, Honlads. Hang in there and let us know if we can do anything to help. I wish I could bring you a casserole and a hug.

• Like 5

Sorry to hear this, Honlads. Hang in there and let us know if we can do anything to help. I wish I could bring you a casserole and a hug.

Thank you.

• Like 3

This was a fantastic episode. Can't wait to play Fight Haver (Fast Drive.) Not really a video gamester but nerds is cool now so I'll do what I have to. Popcorn Gallery was great and good job to everybody for not asking name-based questions, even though you could have said Kumail Orangutan. Also got to feel smug when we were all told to have our parents listen to the show, because my mom is the only person I've been able to convince to listen.

Speaking of which -- what episode do you guys use to try to get people to listen? I feel like I have to pick exactly the right one.

Hayes and Sean please have that guy on who Veebs wants so I don't have to be named WalkWalk. Thanks in advance.

I use the PFT episode of RSS to convert people to this show. And it works!

I think the live episode (72) would be good too.

Extremely strong forum week, everyone

• Like 4

I'll listen to the ep tonight, but for now I have some business to attend to.

If Sean and Hayes don’t have Kyle Bosman on the show, here is a list of the bad things I will do to all of you:

1. I will shave Hurricane Dennis bald.

Oh, please don't do that! Sean and Hayes, do what Valerie says and have Karl Bosworth on the show, right away. This is number one on the list, so I assume she'll be doing it first, and it will have catastrophic consequences if she goes through with it. I don't want to cause needless panic, but I want everyone to be aware of what could ensue: first of all, since his skin is absolutely milk-white, he could get a nasty sunburn; second, it could very well make Dennis feel both shy and grouchy. I'm ashamed to tell it, but back when I was young and full of wild ideas I had a groomer shave Hurricane Dennis in preparation for summertimes and it was weird and bad for everybody.

Or4Wbse.jpg

Also, since I didn't give a weekly H.D. update last week, here is a bonus photo of Dennis in cosplay as X-man. This photo is from a long, long time ago, so you know he's been a comics-book nerd since back in the day.

po9iTTa.jpg

And finally, even though nobody ever asks to see a picture of him, here is a picture of my other good handsome dog Ross, taking a boat ride on his second birthday.

wCoqTIA.jpg

Psst, newbies, this is some secret advice for you.

If you have a cute pet, post photos of it and you will get lots of likes. The other forum users eat that shit up, and they never get sick of it! Mums the word.

• Like 13

I'm probably alone on this, but when they were listing writers for White and Gold and Hayes said "that player who used to play for the LA Kings... Joe Thorton", it's the hardest I've ever laughed at a podcast. Just desperately trying to pull a former LA king. A+ episode

Edit: It's funny because Joe Thorton plays for the San Jose Sharks and has never played for the Kings. My initial response was a Jimmy Pardo "IDIOT" blurt laugh followed by me laughing hysterically alone in my cubicle

• Like 8

God I love Dennis

That's the kind of man I want to grow up to be

• Like 6

God I love Dennis

That's the kind of man I want to grow up to be

It's never too early to start growing your fur out. Also, make sure to pointedly ignore everyone around you 95% of the time.

• Like 6

I love Ross and wish to see at least TWO photos of him per week.

HD is PDQ too, I guess.

• Like 4

Did you get that thing I sent you?

yes and for the millionth time, my answer is NO. No means no, Anastasia.

• Like 6

Any of the early ones with experienced improvisers, like #5 the first PFT.

Or just start with episode 1. It's not the best episode, but it's pretty darn good. I like that in the first episode they seemed quite nice and Sean said the log line. They were so naive back then!

The first Teaser Freezer with Gordon Joseph-Levitt's "Don Jon" way back in episode 1 is what sold me on the show. I think it's still one of the funniest things they've done. I'm not sure how well the Jake Johnson interview would hold up if I re-listened now, but if nothing else it has the origin of "Mimby"

• Like 5

I naively allowed myself to hope that I might get the pro version this week but I guess I haven't paid my dues yet. Does anyone want to start a feud with me to increase my visibility on the forum? Hayes followed me on twitter today, so I think I'm making inroads.

• Like 4

Spunky, those are two of the damned handsomest doggies I have ever seen! Congrats!

In honor of your *redacted*, here are two of my three cats, Jack and Izaak:

Jack_and_Izzy.jpg

• Like 8