🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 74 — Kumail Nanjiani, Our Close Friend

I am playing 7 shows in the next 12 days! No live streams, but I'll tell you what you can stream, and that is our new album. Feel free to listen repeatedly, purchase on iTunes and/or vinyl, tell all your friends, post on your very popular music blog, etc.

I'm into this shit

• Like 1

k2WfadY.gif

I didn't add too much, but in honor of closing in on #300 I added a female guest and now they all creepily move a little bit while soullessly staring in your face

e:

I am playing 7 shows in the next 12 days! No live streams, but I'll tell you what you can stream, and that is our new album. Feel free to listen repeatedly, purchase on iTunes and/or vinyl, tell all your friends, post on your very popular music blog, etc.

owns

• Like 10

As you guys, know I've been very busy given my new found fame. However, I do want to be a part of the race to 300 posts, so I will share with you a story from my first day on set directing Whites & Golds:Baby Grandpa -

We started shooting at 6 AM because we were trying to get 2 episodes done in one day to accomodate everyone's schedules. Things didn't start out well. Roseanne was 3 hours late and we were supposed to shoot one of her scenes first. Apparently, she plans to commute back and forth from her Macadamia nut farm. This is going to be a problem.

Turns out Tom Hiddleston's dad has no acting experience whatsoever. So that was a challenge.

Then this Pita guy shows up. Apparently he's in some Hungry Gang movie and is a big deal. Everyone on the crew just kept making jokes about how they're Hungry and they would love to eat a Pita. Pita is a bit of a Diva and locked himself in his dressing room for 3 hours and refused to come out until we contacted his spiritual advisor to come for counseling.

Hayes' baby spit up on everyone, and we had to do at least 5 takes for every scene. And don't even get me started on the wardrobe budget.

I also had a few disagreements with some of the members of the writing staff. Smokey the Bear insists on having some sort of reference to fire prevention in almost every line, which really throws the story off.

The little furry creatures from the Quizno's subs ads have their own language, so every script they've written is unintelligible. However, I just have a feeling that what they're coming up with is pure gold, and i don't want to just toss it off. I've contacted a representative from their home planet and have arranged to have a sort of Rosetta Stone provided so we can translate. It's going to take a year to get here though...

Then there's the ice cream cone. I can't even get into that now.

More to come.

• Like 3

Have you heard Cool Ghouls? They are a San Francisco band with some similar sensibilities. I think you'd like them.

http://coolghouls420.bandcamp.com/

• Like 2

THANKS GUYS!!

I guess I am technically in three bands. 6 of the shows are for the Zoltars. (Vinyl here!) 1 is for the children's project that is just the Zoltars playing different songs. Shaft City and the Ballz are playing no shows because I kicked out the guitarist for being a sexist jerk and now we have to teach somebody new all the songs.

• Like 10

I'm not legally allowed in Texas so I cant make it! But when i was there in Austin it was awesome! Good luck!!

I also listened to Agatas podcast, TWB, and i wanted to let Hayes know that myself and thousands of my friends only listen on iTunes.

• Like 3

Shaft City and the Ballz are playing no shows because I kicked out the guitarist for being a sexist jerk

There's so much here

• Like 5

Have you heard Cool Ghouls? They are a San Francisco band with some similar sensibilities. I think you'd like them.

http://coolghouls420.bandcamp.com/

Yes, we are playing with them at a Burger Records thing! I'm excited to check them out.

• Like 1

THANKS GUYS!!

I guess I am technically in three bands. 6 of the shows are for the Zoltars. (Vinyl here!) 1 is for the children's project that is just the Zoltars playing different songs. Shaft City and the Ballz are playing no shows because I kicked out the guitarist for being a sexist jerk and now we have to teach somebody new all the songs.

gotta be careful wit them git-fiddlers. Album done been had bought. Good luck woman-splaining the tunes to a new less sexist jerk. Come tour the pacific northwest sometimes.

• Like 4

Yes, we are playing with them at a Burger Records thing! I'm excited to check them out.

In San Antonio? Fun! They are a very sweet group of guys.

Also, you should come to the Burger Boogaloo in Oakland in July. It's right next to my house and I will be there and we can hang. Plus lots of great bands to see this year. It's nuts!

• Like 2

cover-8fKv6fStggsSIbF3w5vM5gfwSFHHOodH.jpeg

I am one of these faces !

I don't understand, none of those faces are twenty-something white guys. Are you sure one of them is you?

• Like 10

RanRan is your album on Pono? Bit of an audiophile here, can't stand that lossy vinyl crap.

• Like 9

In San Antonio? Fun! They are a very sweet group of guys.

Also, you should come to the Burger Boogaloo in Oakland in July. It's right next to my house and I will be there and we can hang. Plus lots of great bands to see this year. It's nuts!

I wish I could! Fe Fi Fo Fums are one of the bands I most regret never seeing in the last 10 years.

Practicing my dialogue for when I introduce myself to Cool Ghouls.

Me: Hey, I heard you Cool Ghoul fools are friends with Staz!

Them: Who?

Me: Anastahhhsia Vigo!

Them: What?

Me: Anastasia Vigo.

Them: Oh yeah, she's so great! How do you know her?

Me: We both listen to a podcast.

• Like 8

Ranny, listening to your most recent album (thanks for putting it on Google Play yay). If I had to guess who the most talented musician is just based on listening, I'd go with bassist.

All joking aside, sounds great! I really like the sound.

• Like 4

cover-8fKv6fStggsSIbF3w5vM5gfwSFHHOodH.jpeg

I am one of these faces !

Jesus Fucking Christ. Why are they still sending out the old version?

7mUOKvl.jpg

I mean, I was happy to fill in, but I'd appreciate some proper promotion. My speech is fucking epic.

• Like 7

Also I bet Hayes was picturing like a raised tub that also has a shower coming out of it, kind of like

claw-geneva.jpg

which does seem a little cheap hotel like

Hey, a claw-footsed-bathtub, that's exactly what I have in MY house! Only way more beat-up looking, and also oriented the opposite direction. The way a motel would have it.

• Like 4

I wish I could! Fe Fi Fo Fums are one of the bands I most regret never seeing in the last 10 years.

Practicing my dialogue for when I introduce myself to Cool Ghouls.

Me: Hey, I heard you Cool Ghoul fools are friends with Staz!

Them: Who?

Me: Anastahhhsia Vigo!

Them: What?

Me: Anastasia Vigo.

Them: Oh yeah, she's so great! How do you know her?

Me: We both listen to a podcast.

Haha! That might be a weird conversation. Also, I haven't talked to them for about a year, so who knows if they remember me. They used to play with my husband Paul's band Primitive Hearts a bunch. But Primitive Hearts broke up and Cool Ghouls got more popular, so we don't see them much any more.

• Like 1

I wonder how many elderly people claw-foot tubs have murdered.

Mine tries to murder me pretty regularly, and not with its claws like you'd expect. No, its by making me slip and bust my neck off.

• Like 5

Haha! That might be a weird conversation. Also, I haven't talked to them for about a year, so who knows if they remember me. They used to play with my husband Paul's band Primitive Hearts a bunch. But Primitive Hearts broke up and Cool Ghouls got more popular, so we don't see them much any more.

This post is what we in the biz call "burying the lede." EhhhhhhhWHAA?? Your husband Paul has a band that broke up? Your husband Paul had a band? Your husband's name is Paul? Paul who used to be in the band is married? To you? Does everyone else already know all of this astounding information? I GOTTA start going to these HANGOUTS!

• Like 6

This post is what we in the biz call "burying the lede." EhhhhhhhWHAA?? Your husband Paul has a band that broke up? Your husband Paul had a band? Your husband's name is Paul? Paul who used to be in the band is married? To you? Does everyone else already know all of this astounding information? I GOTTA start going to these HANGOUTS!

Hey man, you gotta devote your every waking moment to this forum, the hangouts, our gchats, and facebook chats, and AIM chats, our in-person meet ups, the mindmelds, our group emails, the carrier pigeon program, and text messages, or you are going to miss out on some info, dude!

• Like 6