🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 74 — Kumail Nanjiani, Our Close Friend

Happy birthday zsinjeh

You're 1 day older than me (I assume we're all born the same year to keep things simple)

and 2 days older than me.

mods please change our tags to Birthday Boys

Man, parents love to fuck in June.

Midsummer fuck-a-thon

• Like 1

Everyone list 3 albums you've been listening to recently that are nice and cool. Go!
Sufjan Stevens - Carrie and Lowell

Don't listen if you don't want to feel sad about losing (or the possibility of losing) your parents. Its incredible though, I'd go gay to make Sufjan my [redacted] in a second.

Panda Bear - Panda Bear vs the Grim Reaper

Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before The Ship even Sank

• Like 5

Everyone list 3 albums you've been listening to recently that are nice and cool. Go!

The new Father John Misty album might be the nicest album this year. Courtney Barnett's debut is really nice too. Sufjan's album is really good as well.

• Like 1

FJM is super good. Lady Lamb the Beekeeper's first album was great, haven't listened to the new one yet. Waxahatchee's new album is also great and nice. Also the new Lightning Bolt album is *not* nice, it has a lot of yelling, but it is cool and great.

• Like 1

Bully - Bully

Jordan Hull - Who's Gonna Teach You How To Live

Leon Bridges - Coming Home (single)

PAWS - Cokefloat!

Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires - Dereconstructed

Minden - Exotic Cakes

Tweens - Tweens

The Dexateens - Red Dust Rising

Robert Ellis - The Lights From The Chemical Plant

Twin Peaks - Wild Onion

The Flying Burrito Brothers - The Guilded Palace Of Sin / Burrito Deluxe

These anal bum covers have been in pretty heavy rotation for me since new years. Also IF YOU HAVENT LISTENED TO THE NEW D'ANGELO ALBUM I CANT EVEN. Father John Misty is good too.

• Like 6

Okay, we all love real people playing real instruments and that's great, but it's time to get real people. It's time to get European and hip as fuck.

Warning: Don't click on any of these if you are embarrassed about starting to dance like nobody is watching

It's my 80's (Perturbator / Dance with the Dead music)

Zsinjehs note: If you click nothing else, at least click this video to get a movie boner

Alan Braxe & Fred Falke - Rubicon

Dance With The Dead - Blind

St. Lucia - Elevate

The Shoes - Time To Dance

Powerglove - The Plague theme (Hobo With a Shotgun film)

Lazerhawk - Redline

Lazerhawk - Disco Planet

This radio station for more too:

http://www.di.fm/nudisco

• Like 5

If you want to dance, it doesn't get any better than this

• Like 2

The Flying Burrito Brothers - The Guilded Palace Of Sin / Burrito Deluxe

Weird, I just heard this for the first time yesterday. It's not really the type of music I listen to but I really enjoyed it.

• Like 2

Weird, I just heard this for the first time yesterday. It's not really the type of music I listen to but I really enjoyed it.

Yeah, my dad is a weird old hippy from Alabama and my mother's side of the family had a music shop so I grew up listening to a lot of different stuff. Gram Parsons output/impact is kind of amazing considering how short his career actually was.

• Like 4

The Byrds' Sweetheart of the Rodeo is also in that vein and is excellent. Gram was the best.

• Like 2

Ok, so I haven't kept up with recent music for a whole bunch of years, so I'll be mining you youngsters' suggestions with gratitude. In exchange, I want you to tell you two things about good music that I know. First, my favorite musician/album that not a lot of people know about is Jim White, Wrong-eyed Jesus. It is frickin' fantastic, and if you listen to it and disagree, I hate you. Second, for some reason lots of people think I'm being sarcastic when I say that I like Steely Dan. I'm so serious. It's worth listening to any/all of it you haven't. In fact I'd say its as essential as somebody like David Bowie. Grumpety grump, get off my lawn.

Oh, and Little Feat, Waiting for Columbus if you want to rock till your pants fall down.

Edit: I'm not actually old enough to be an original Steely Dan or Little Feat listener, but my parents are and they blessed me with a lot of really good 70's and 80's music when I was growing up.

• Like 5

Steely Dan is pretty consistently great, Spunky. Even Two Against Nature is really solid.

• Like 3

Ok, so I haven't kept up with recent music for a whole bunch of years, so I'll be mining you youngsters' suggestions with gratitude. In exchange, I want you to tell you two things about good music that I know. First, my favorite musician/album that not a lot of people know about is Jim White, Wrong-eyed Jesus. It is frickin' fantastic, and if you listen to it and disagree, I hate you. Second, for some reason lots of people think I'm being sarcastic when I say that I like Steely Dan. I'm so serious. It's worth listening to any/all of it you haven't. In fact I'd say its as essential as somebody like David Bowie. Grumpety grump, get off my lawn.

Oh, and Little Feat, Waiting for Columbus if you want to rock till your pants fall down.

Edit: I'm not actually old enough to be an original Steely Dan or Little Feat listener, but my parents are and they blessed me with a lot of really good 70's and 80's music when I was growing up.

During our circle jerk can we talk about how Lowell George may be the best slide player ever? Or maybe how the Royal Scam has some of the tastiest Skunk Baxter licks ever recorded?

EDIT: I meant Larry Carlton, Royal scam may be the only album that Skunk Baxter wasn't on. I am a dumb.

• Like 3

Patting myself on the back for starting this music discussion. 1000 posts here we come.

• Like 1

Nic Jones'

is not new but it is very cool and good if you're into English folk.

Joe Pug just released a new album but it's

Josh Ritter also recently released a live album, there's nothing new but who cares because

• Like 2

Alright folks, I just can't hold out any longer, the likes are coming back. ALL THE WAY BACK!

Post and thou shalt receive.

ps- As we all already know RanRan's new album is very very great.

pss- Can this please be my new signature font?

• Like 4

Strange Mercy - St. Vincent

Helplessness Blues - Fleet Foxes

Tomorrow's Modern Boxes - Thom Yorke

Plastic Beach - Gorillaz

The Masterplan - Oasis

Chasing Yesterday - Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Pure Heroine - Lorde

High Violet - The National

It's Never Been Like That - Phoenix

Chutes Too Narrow - The Shins

The Big Roar - The Joy Formidable

Icky Thump - The White Stripes

Antics - Interpol

Puzzle - Biffy Clyro

Club Meds- Dan Mangan + Blacksmith

Charmer - Tigers Jaw

Yuck - Yuck

Neck of the Woods - Silversun Pickups

Takk -Sigur Ros

More Adventurous - Rilo Kiley

Current rotation

Edited to add the obligatory because it's the greatest song of all time:

• Like 6

Nic Jones'
is not new but it is very cool and good if you're into English folk.

Joe Pug just released a new album but it's

Josh Ritter also recently released a live album, there's nothing new but who cares because

Why do people in the UK love Josh Ritter so much? I like him, but thought it was kinda weird when I found out he's like a superstar over there.

• Like 1

Thank god you edited that!

I was going to say that this font is really bad and that you should stop, but then I saw your post number and had a good chuckle. Weed.

• Like 1

Ah why did I click that link? I've gone 90 days without that song in my head and now you've caused me to relapse.

Also, what about the new Jenny Lewis album? Pretty great.

• Like 1

I listened to this TWB thing everyone's been talking about nowadays.

The show's...nice. The hosts were good. Hayes was funny. Maybe I'll listen to it again.

What's with that one guy who doesn't like when questions are answered for fans? He seems like a real 'engineer' type, if you know what I mean.

10/10

• Like 3

What's with that one guy who doesn't like when questions are answered for fans? He seems like a real 'engineer' type, if you know what I mean.

Gabe is incredible! And yes he IS an engineer type because the engineers are great and funny and smart.

• Like 2