🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 74 — Kumail Nanjiani, Our Close Friend

Why do people in the UK love Josh Ritter so much? I like him, but thought it was kinda weird when I found out he's like a superstar over there.

Really? My perception is that he's almost unknown in Britain. Wikipedia and his live stuff does make it seem like he's decently popular in Ireland though.

How can anyone

and not try to do big kissies onto his face? "'Til at last all around us was fastness/One vast glassy desert of arsenic white/And the waves that once lifted us/Sifted instead into drifts against Annabelle's sides". Makes me want to punch him for write words so good.
  • Like 1

Gabe is incredible! And yes he IS an engineer type because the engineers are great and funny and smart.

Well...no.

• Like 1

I don't like to take a position on these kinds of things, but I think teachers should have borders

• Like 3

Gotta respect Gabe-daddy. For reals. He keeps it 100. I think he's more of an all around tech-guru and less of an "engineer-type" but I'm also not smart

• Like 5

I don't like to take a position on these kinds of things, but I think teachers should have borders

Well I actually hate taking a stance on controversial issues, but I'm gonna have to disagree with you. If nobody ever teachers the skateboarders, how are they ever gonna learn to stop doing that?

edit- Now I'm seeing that you said that the teachers should have boarders and so I agree and am sorry!

edit- I'll put this question to you though, is skateboarding actually a crime?

• Like 3

Glad to see you back and in top form, JMonsterman.

• Like 1

Teachers should have boarders so they can teach them how to do a wicked ollie. They should also have borders. They can't be just trotting the globe with no passports or anything. We live in a society.

• Like 2

Yours are potentials, mine are rejected. Totally different.

• Like 2

Michael gets off on general litigation, corporate or no. Things look grim for you, Diaper.

• Like 2

you'll be hearing from my lawyer, micheal abelson

I'll be taking this from here! (Don't worry AD, I'm doing this pro bono).

I contend that my client is protected under the creative commons rule. Furthermore, I invoke the rule of the slippery slope. Habea's Corpus. Constitution.

I suggest you drop your suit immediately before my client decides to counter sue for damages, and also, not being so hard on the guy!

• Like 2

I would like to cite the birthday boys episode in which there was precedent set that everything becomes public domain after one year.

P.s. Public lo mein

• Like 2

[i'm actually pretty proud of myself for remembering the dudes name without looking it up]

• Like 2

I'm listening to this Father John Misty guy that everyone is freaking their bean over, and yeah, yeah, it's real good. But more importantly, in places it sounds a little like another musical recommendation I wanted to make which is Grant Lee Buffalo. A final recommendation, directed at my own self, is to listen to Grant Lee Phillips's podcast on this very same Earwolf network. I have no idea if his podcast is any good, I've never listened to it, but if I love Grant Lee Buffalo so much, first of all, why don't I marry them, and second of all, why don't I listen to the front-man's podcast? It seems like the least I could do. Fine, I will, jeez!

Edit:I'm not sure which GLB album to recommend, they are all pretty great. Maybe try Mighty Joe Moon?

• Like 2

Can you guys happy birthday me please, I need more attention .

• Like 11

Can you guys happy birthday me please, I need more attention .

I would, but your profile says "birthday unknown." I'm also a little worried that "happy birthday me" is some sort of weird sex euphemism. Like with spankings and candles and stuff.

I told Dennis it was your birthday and he said "Foof." Take that however you like.

• Like 4

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Flying Burrito Brothers were so good. "Hot Burrito #2" is one of my all-time favorite songs. #1 gets all the credit, but I really think #2 is better.

Here are three albums I've been listening to a lot lately. Links are to streams of each album.

Warm Soda - Someone for You Their first and the the better of the two they've released so far, but the third one, which comes out in May, is also very very good.

Royal Trux - Twin Infinitives One of the most notoriously "difficult" albums of all time, it is also one of the sexiest.

Ausmuteants - Order of Operations I don't have a link to a stream of this, but here are

. I think this was one of the three best albums of last year, along with Neil's Generator by Mordecai and Poor People Are Revolting by the Gotobeds. (Ha ha, I got five in there!)
  • Like 7