🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 178 — Allison Weiss' Secret Sad Dance Party

One of the end of the year Comedy Bang Bangs had PFT and Scott talking about someone complaining about what I'm pretty sure was musical guests. The conversation basically went the way of PFT saying, "Fuck that and fuck those people."

So, just so you all know, when you complain on the message boards, this is how PFT (and I'm guessing most/all folks at Earwolf) feel about you whining about a free podcast that you can choose to skip.

• Like 3

that feeling when your forum feels more like a cult than a place you can discuss your likes and dislikes, lol

this is definitely the spirit of i4h

I think Allison toppled Ben Lee as my favourite musical guest.

Also, while I do like the musical episodes, the people who insult the people who express their dislike for musical guests are worse? Why can't this just be a place to discuss your thoughts on the show? Don't attack people for their opinions unless they are doing so like an asshole. We all know this is free but that doesn't mean we have to just like everything.

Also, sometimes fast forwarding is not an option. I usually listen to i4h while driving through my iPod, so fast forwarding would require me to scan through the episode, which is very inaccurate, while going down the highway.

• Like 1

We know some people don't like it, but it isn't fun to read negative comments. It makes me want to skip the forum altogether. This show is giving exposure to lesser known artists and, while you're hating it, a lot of people are listening to the show and discovering a new favorite. Obviously your negative opinion is valid, but we just really don't need to hear it unless you're coming from a new angle. Maybe try something cool like "I hate the musical guests because I'm an astronaut and there's some space reason why I can't enjoy it." Now that's an original negative attitude!

• Like 12

I always sigh when I see the new I4H is a musical guest but then I immediately love the artist. I'm probably just sad that it means we won't get a Crap on Youtube.

Someone should let Matt know that AVClub switched it's format for Podmass. It's no longer a thumbs up/thumbs down review of that weeks podcasts. Now it's about finding Outlier podcasts and reviewing new and unestablished 'casts. At this point Improv 4 Humans is too big for what Podmass does now.

Allison was flawless this is the first time i've heard her work and just absolutely adored it.. fantastic episode!

"I wrote Yesterday.. Well write today!"

I don't understand the point of coming on here and stating that you didn't like it. Of course it's totally fine to share your opinion I'm not putting that down but you could say that "oh I'm voicing my dislike cause maybe other people dislike it too and we both share the same thought" but where does it go from there really? We know Matt likes it and a majority of the listeners do too..Besser is going to keep doing it (as he should) so basically its just there to be negative. If it was going to change something then I could understand but its not gonna. Also to people saying that some of these comment sections are like a cult cmon we just love this stuff and the people on these podcasts. Sometimes they check out these sections why have them see negative shit when you can just be nice and praise em

• Like 4

I don't understand the point of coming on here and stating that you didn't like it. Of course it's totally fine to share your opinion I'm not putting that down but you could say that "oh I'm voicing my dislike cause maybe other people dislike it too and we both share the same thought" but where does it go from there really? We know Matt likes it and a majority of the listeners do too..Besser is going to keep doing it (as he should) so basically its just there to be negative.

Well said.

Take those tears to Tumblr.

• Like 2

What's the point of coming here and saying you do like it?

Its exactly the same! As long as its not trolling, then the two options are doing the same thing for the poster, which is getting your thoughts out to a community who understands and shares the same thing you do.

And, again, I can't think of something more anti I4H than not expressing your opinion because its unpopular.

• Like 2

What's the point of coming here and saying you do like it?

Not a lot. Making Matt feel good (and any of the guests, if they happen to be reading), I guess? What's the point of a lot of social niceties? But most people say something more substantive than "I liked it". If someone brings up a funny moment from the show and it makes other forum members laugh, or adds an interesting perspective, great. If you criticize something...well, I don't see how "it's exactly the same". What, you want to remind people of something they didn't like, or tell people how you disagree with them for liking something? I don't necessarily disagree that there should be a place for constructive criticism, but if the host has stated multiple times that they don't really care, then at some point it just becomes pointless negativity.

• Like 4

Can we not delete posts? I accidentally hit 'quote' instead of edit on my above post and posted this one before I realized it.

emo singer

People really use this word wrong.

• Like 2

Can we not delete posts? I accidentally hit 'quote' instead of edit on my above post and posted this one before I realized it.

I've noticed that too. My plan is if I ever post something I regret later, to just use "Edit" to change the text to read, "I'm a dumb dumb."

• Like 2

Okay, here's an awkward confession: listening yesterday, whenever the "booty music" would start, but before Lauren started rapping, the bassline being sung reminded me of another song that I couldn't remember the title or most of the lyrics to. It drove me crazy for the rest of the day. Finally the song I was thinking of came to me just a little while ago. So I'm posting it here, just in case anyone else felt a similar frustration.

• Like 1

I liked this episode. I loved the scene where Eugene was the unfunny husband. I also love Lauren's reference pool (Duck Hunt, "I am not a prize to be won" which was a Jasmine quote from Aladdin).

I was just re-listening to this week's CBB with Lauren as Ho-Ho, and I caught another reference that I hadn't heard since I used to hang around Videogum. When Ho-Ho explains the ping pong balls in Thailand, he/she says, "When a woman loves a man, she sticks a ping pong ball up her hooha and shoots it out into his mouth and back and forth until eternity, and everyone dies."

That's totally pooping "back and forth, forever" from Me and You and Everyone You Know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB_9UJex4hE

))<>((

We know some people don't like it, but it isn't fun to read negative comments. It makes me want to skip the forum altogether. This show is giving exposure to lesser known artists and, while you're hating it, a lot of people are listening to the show and discovering a new favorite. Obviously your negative opinion is valid, but we just really don't need to hear it unless you're coming from a new angle. Maybe try something cool like "I hate the musical guests because I'm an astronaut and there's some space reason why I can't enjoy it." Now that's an original negative attitude!

i approve any comments about space. more space comments please

• Like 2

i approve any comments about space. more space comments please

but what about the OCEAN???

man I could type like a whole essay on how I feel about this shit but forum comments and internet comments are basically nothing. anyways, yeah I get the whole it's weird looking at a group of people discussing their interests and they all have to agree on something, that's weird drinking the koolaid behavior, but like fuck man am I the only one that gets so stoked on these musical episodes? I don't if it's just because I've heard so many shitty SCI/Phish/GD bootlegs, but getting to experience something intimate and the recording is well produced and sounds good is so fucking rewarding. I don't man I just don't get it, I commute to my shitty job listening to these earwolf podcasts and it's nice to hear amazingly talented artists in between the improv. Does the music take away from the sketches? Is Tim Meadows suddenly not funny because someone played a melancholy acoustic song? Am I whining on the internet at 2:12 am? Will Tim Meadows add a show in Chicago? Do I suffer from mental illness? Is it weird being the last of your friends who isn't salaried and still making an hourly wage? Do I resent myself?

• Like 6

Oh ya, I meant to say, absurd props to the engineers for the sound being absolutely golden on all the live music, and just in general. I know nothing about recording but I know I have heard a fair amount of similar things that sounded like trash. Logistically it must be insane to get a whole group like Hallelujah the Hills to sound so good alongside a handful of people saying funny words.

• Like 4

"Can't lock the Stop!"

Man, only Improv 4 Humans can make anything - even anything that makes no sense - hilarious. that was one of the funniest sketches, oh man! Eugene is so likeable, that he can pull off all of those dumb makes-no-sense puns. The holes in the blanket? lol. That was amazing.

Bravo to all. Great music too, as usual for I4H! You guys made my week

• Like 2