🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 17 — Me 2 I'm Talkin' U2 To U Too

Andy Daly had the idea of making a U2 podcast way before the creation of U Talkin’ U2 To Me? and now he finally is glad to present the very first episode of Me 2 I’m Talkin’ U2 To U Too! Joining Andy this week is Amoeba Records employee Allison Gondry to discuss U2’s first album Boy. They’ll talk about how they first were introduced to U2, the origin of the album’s title, and tease the next episode all about October. Later, Traci Reardon arrives to offer advice to her Twitter followers on how to make someone like BBQ sauce and much more in her recurring segment, “Help Me, Rhonda.”

• Like 1

Holy fuck I can't believe this is happening.

I remember many years ago Andy being a guest on Jimmy Pardo's Never Not Funny and them talking about U2, high school, and drumming. When the Scott's did their U2 podcast series, they glossed over the earliest albums; my favorites, and apparently, Andy's also.

• Like 10

Holy fuck I can't believe this is happening.

I remember many years ago Andy being a guest on Jimmy Pardo's Never Not Funny and them talking about U2, high school, and drumming. When the Scott's did their U2 podcast series, they glossed over the earliest albums; my favorites, and apparently, Andy's also.

I too remember that NNF and wondered why Andy was never on UTU2TM. Not to mention that he once did a character on CBB that was U2-related. But now there's this... all is right in the universe.

• Like 6

I didn't think a podcast could be more on point when it came to talking about U2 than 'U Talkin' U2 To Me?' and I was right. My cat made a weird face when Lauren made that warning siren. Can't wait for 'U Talkin' U2's Hats To Me?'.

Fascinating...

• Like 1

I can't believe Andy overlooked addressing who the members of the band are! Poor form!

(Here's hoping 4th times a charm and Andy makes it on a future ep!)

• Like 6

I hope I don't die before I'm able to listen to this in an hour.

• Like 5

Brendan Byrne Arena is called the IZOD Center now, and will be closing this year and will be demolished in 2017. It is a total shit hole with concessions that haven't been updated since like 1996.

I actually have an original pressing of Off the Wall and all the songs are, in fact, "Bad".... as in they're all the title track from the album that was released 8 years later.

• Like 2

I thought there was no better feeling than waking up to a surprise episode of U Talking U2 to Me. And I have just been proven wrong.

• Like 6

Uh oh. Lauren sang "Happy Birthday to You," written by those miserly crones Mildred and Patty Hill, and the copyright owners are very litigious.

• Like 17

"I happen to know quite a bit about Charles Manson."

Today is a joyful day.

• Like 5

I just finished listening through Scott and Scott's encyclopedic compendium of all things U2 last night (I now have heard of them AND know all the band member's names!). This is too perfect. I love life.

• Like 2

Just started the episode, but I came on to say that I saw the host for this one, saw the title, and a huge smile broke out across my face.

Looking through the pictures, and I love Lauren's shirt.

I think that unless Scott and Scott and/or U2 decide to sue the makers of Me 2 I’m Talkin’ U2 To U Too (sometimes), there is literally no good reason for there not to be at least another 12 episodes.

• Like 5

Oh, to be able to hear my own surprised yelp-laugh in the grocery store this morning when I heard "I'm pesky."

• Like 3

god, this is wonderful. my wish is that all earwolf shows must do a u2 ep.

next up: r u affirming u2 nation 2 me?

where bob ducca just names all of the band members

• Like 10

And now begins my journey to finally finish Analyse Phish(RIP TWITTELSS ;; ) so I can get to U Talking U2 to Me? and this will be my finish line. We live in a golden age of content where these kind of audible adventures can just permeate naturally. It's amazing. LL is amazing. Andy is amazing. You're all amazing. This is a very good Friday.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this