🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 17 — Me 2 I'm Talkin' U2 To U Too

In honor of Twittels, I think Scott should do a one-off podcast where he tries to get people to like a band he's into and nobody else likes. I think he was into Jellyfish at some point, and that would make a decent title.

• Like 1

I can't believe Andy overlooked addressing who the members of the band are! Poor form!

And Lauren is even wearing a "names of the band members" t-shirt! I actually wanted to make a similar shirt that would say

Bonobos &

Thedge &

Adam Claytwothousandpounds &

Larry Mullen Sr.'s Son

• Like 16

Oh my, this is amazing right out of the gate! Not a surprise, of course. Just a delight!

Uh oh. Lauren sang "Happy Birthday to You," written by those miserly crones Mildred and Patty Hill, and the copyright owners are very litigious.

Allison's tone-deafness might have been just enough to skirt their litigious ways since it was just the words and not the melody.

Oh, also, this was amazing.

• Like 1

Since there were so many eps of the bros talking 'bout 2 with no guests, I was kind of bummed that Andy Daly never got on the pod, especially considering that story he told on some podcast (i think it was NNF) where he said that he was going to make a U2 podcast the day Scott & Scott announced theirs. This is the next best thi though.

Uh oh. Lauren sang "Happy Birthday to You," written by those miserly crones Mildred and Patty Hill, and the copyright owners are very litigious.

Someone call Michael from this week's CBB!

• Like 6

I absolutely loved that you can pin-point the exact moment Andy runs out of material/desire for the premise.

• Like 7

Terrible U2 podcast, they did not talk about films whatsoever.

• Like 12

This has joined Staind Glass as the two times where I've burst out laughing just reading an episode title. Excited to listen to this.

• Like 2

"I happen to know quite a bit about Charles Manson."

"In fact, I probably... no, I definintely know more about Charles Manson than U2!"

Can't wait for the commentary episode.

• Like 8

1363238465123.jpg

am I the only one who considers this ep a glove slap duel challenge to the Scotts?

• Like 4

I've been longing for an Andy Daly appearance on UTU2TM, so this is fantastic - but (1) I'm kind of disappointed there won't actually be an Andy Daly podcast where he sits around and talks about U2, and (2) I still hold out some hope that Daly will still make an appearance on UTU2TM.

Hopefully this is the dawning of the annual "Andy Daly being contractually bound to only be able to do podcasts till Review comes out" period because it harvests some top class 'casts.

• Like 2

This episode gave me a great idea for a new podcast: "Conjugal Visits with Charles Manson."

• Like 3

where bob ducca just names all of the band members

Adam Clayton.

Adam Ant.

Anton Chekhov.

Pavel Chekhov.

Chex Mix Johnson.

Chaz Bono.

• Like 11

I hope I don't die before I'm able to listen to this in an hour.

Well?! Results?!

• Like 1

Well now Scott and Scott need to schedule an ep with Andy

• Like 2

And now begins my journey to finally finish Analyse Phish(RIP TWITTELSS ;; ) so I can get to U Talking U2 to Me? and this will be my finish line. We live in a golden age of content where these kind of audible adventures can just permeate naturally. It's amazing. LL is amazing. Andy is amazing. You're all amazing. This is a very good Friday.

M2ITU2TUT Quest Update!: I have reached a rather large detour at Eppy #9 of Analyse Phish. I noticed one of the guests is none other than the increasingly infamous Armen Weitzman. I had just recently put a hold on Improv4Humans because of his appearance and wanted to catch up on his Earwolf canon before digging into that. Now, that can wait no longer, which takes me apparently into his saga beginning in Eppy #140 of WhoCh. Thankfully, I was already 114# so that's just a quick hop assuming I don't convince myself to prioritize WhoCh in its entirety.

IRREGARDLESS, this has become the Stephen King's The Dark Tower of things you put in your ear that weren't originally books. Its a real blast.

However, super excited for the Hollywood Bowl payoff after the Armen Saga and then finally joining the cult-but-not-a-cult that is the UTU2TM fandom. Most of all, I'm excited about one day being able to listen to this--- my top two funny people on podcasts potentially referencing zero OR EVERYTHING of everything I will have listened to.

And now strength and charts.

When Andy finally appears on UTU2TM, i hope the crossover episode is titled "U Talkin' U2 To Me 2 I'm Talkin' U2 To U Too" (UTU2TM2ITU2TUT)

• Like 4

Man oh man; brilliant ep! Getting Andy Daly to do this is great, having another U2 podcast is great - this was amazing! I loved the part where the description of the character went on - Lauren Lapkus loves to describe weird characters, but I especially loved that part how Andy pushed her to keep going by not telling her what he had noticed.

• Like 1

Hopefully if Earwolf keeps putting out enough U2 podcasts, eventually they'll get Bono's attention and he'll finally come on the show (and bring those fucking T-shirts!).

I can't believe Andy overlooked addressing who the members of the band are! Poor form!

(Here's hoping 4th times a charm and Andy makes it on a future ep!)

he was too busy naming the members of Duran Duran, "Simon LeBon John Taylor and the gang"

• Like 1

Today I listened to the first episodes of U Talkin' U2 To Me?, U Two Talkin' U2 2 Me Too? Yes., and Me 2 I'm Talkin' U2 To U Too, all in a row. I'm pretty sure that I know significantly less about U2 now than I did when I woke up this morning.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this