🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 105.5 — MINISODE 105.5

Our next movie is the result of Jaws drinking a Four Loko, also LL Cool J is in it. Paul goes through some Corrections and Omissions for Safe Haven, gives a controversial answer to whether Safe Haven would have been better with Nicolas Cage, shares some great Picks of the Week, and answers all your orange juice questions. LA: Get your tickets now for two (8pm & 10pm) LIVE at Largo shows on Saturday, April 4th! Go to www.largo-la.com for tickets!

Me on the podcast feed when I see "Give us your Q for As" on the facebook page

C84PeJN.gif

• Like 4

Enjoying the throwback casio beats in this ep.

Yeah, I kinda got the vibe this was being recorded in the men's room of a bowling alley's arcade. Like Paul was counting his skee-ball tickets and suddenly realized he had a mini-episode to record.

• Like 10

Yeah, I kinda got the vibe this was being recorded in the men's room of a bowling alley arcade. Like Paul was counting his skee-ball tickets and suddenly realized he had a mini-episode to record.

Gonna get that giant stuffed Stewie Griffin someday. But not today...

• Like 2

Strange audio quality, can't tell if that's interference from a iphone or if paul is playing atari 2600 during the podcast.

• Like 3

At first I was like "Oh, that old thing?" But I've never watched it. And then....."as a side effect". As a SIDE EFFECT?!? That's what you DID! It's the EFFECT! Oh shit, that's what the movie's about??? Now I'm excited.

revisiting this movie is going to be very interesting. I used to watch it on a daily basis when I was 10 and seeing the speech scene for the first time blew my tiny mind to pieces... it definitely taught me how to find humor and absurdity in extreme violence.

• Like 3

I know the big "shocker" in this movie is the fact that Samuel L. Jackson gets eaten mid-speech halfway through, but I've always thought that if his role/character type (Corporate Douchebag) was played by anybody else, his death would have seemed inevitable for this kind of horror flick.

Also, less believable scientist: Michael Rapaport or Main Character Lady?

Rapper/actor career choices in 1990s creature features: Was Ice Cube a better cameraman in Anaconda than LL Cool J is a cook in Deep Blue Sea?

• Like 3

Rapper/actor career choices in 1990s creature features: Was Ice Cube a better cameraman in Anaconda than LL Cool J is a cook in Deep Blue Sea?

LLCJ in this movie is legitimately hilarious. I say that as someone who watched it a dozen times when I was 11 and never since.

Also Samuel L Jackson's death scene is one of the greatest moments in cinema history.

Can't wait to rewatch this movie and have it all ruined for me by older eyes. It'll be just like when I saw Hollow Man again and realised how much it hates women.

• Like 3

I know the big "shocker" in this movie is the fact that Samuel L. Jackson gets eaten mid-speech halfway through, but I've always thought that if his role/character type (Corporate Douchebag) was played by anybody else, his death would have seemed inevitable for this kind of horror flick.

Also, less believable scientist: Michael Rapaport or Main Character Lady?

For me, main character lady's death was more of the shocker, but not in an "OH SHIT, no they di'int!" way, so much as an "Oh wow, they actually committed to killing off this protagonist that actually deserved it" kind of way. Come to think of it though, the movie itself was a lot more clever than it deserved to be between that, the Jackson thing, the opening attack that didn't turn out how those things normally do, and the real hero of the movie being the biggest nobody actor there at the time. I mean, it's not like Saffron Burrows or any of the character actors in the film ever really achieved superstar status, but they were certainly more recognizable than Thomas Jane, who I'm not sure I even recognized/remembered at the time as having been in "Boogie Nights", which was already on its way to becoming my favorite movie ever.

• Like 3

I thought that Deep Blue See was going to be one of the live episodes. Does that mean we're not getting the episode until some time in April?

Also, when Paul calls out Netflix it makes me wish they had tacked You Got Served

• Like 1

I thought that Deep Blue See was going to be one of the live episodes. Does that mean we're not getting the episode until some time in April?

Also, when Paul calls out Netflix it makes me wish they had tacked You Got Served

It is a live episode and I think it will be out Friday. If I am remembering correctly, LOL had a quick turn around. As for Lake Placid, who knows...

I would also like to second Paul's Star Wars: Rebels recommendation. It has yet to achieve the greatness of some of the Clone Wars episodes, but is far more consistent in quality. It's a lot of fun.

As for Ant-Man, no matter how much Marvel would like me to forget it, Ant-Man will always be synonymous with spousal abuse for me. Yes, I know it's the Scott Lang version and not Hank Pym, I just can't see past it. I'd say read Ms Marvel or Moon Knight instead...

LL Cool J is a better cook as he was able to use the tools and knowledge of his trade to kill a shark! Not once did Ice Cube try to beat a snake to death with a camera. Missed opportunity if you ask me...

• Like 6

I thought that Deep Blue See was going to be one of the live episodes.

yeah, theres 2 live eps in largo tonight (3/14) and another 2 at the start of april (4/4) which means we have 4 live eps to look forward to .. i love the energy from the live shows

http://www.largo-la.com/calendar/

edit: if anyone is in LA you should try to go see David O'Doherty in Largo .. hes a very funny stand-up (or maybe that should be sit-down) from over here in Ireland.

• Like 1

Anyone else getting a "Tinfins" vibe from this movie?

• Like 1

If I am remembering correctly, LOL had a quick turn around.

You actually meant Glitter by the way.

• Like 1

I did. Thank you! :)

I have to say, while I fully acknowledge that Deep Blue Sea is utter chod, I still watch it and thoroughly enjoy it whenever it's on TV. Especially the bit where the super ninja sharks throw a man at the window and flood the installation.

• Like 1

Yeah, "LOL" seemed to take forever, because I remember it was being taken off of Netflix right before they recorded it, we talked about it nonstop here for a couple weeks, building up the Shit Dick mythology and a fear of raw chicken, and then there was no activity for a while. I was starting to get angry about having watched it. Jesus, that fucking movie...

• Like 1

If Cage was the lead in "Safe Haven", it would have blown the end reveal, because HE would have been able to see the ghost of his wife the whole time.

And she would have been breakdancing.

• Like 2

Nicolas Sparks stories create genuine emotion in me alright, and that emotion is apathy. Gee, I wonder who ends up/is already dead in the next one?

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this