🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 339 — LIVE from SXSW 2015

Comedy Bing! Bong! makes its way back to the South by Southwest Festival in Austin, Texas and Scott brings along his nephew Todd to serve as today’s co-host! They welcome two of America’s finest actors, Colin Hanks & Nick Kroll to the show to speak on Colin’s Tower Records documentary “All Things Must Pass,” as well as Nick’s new movie “Adult Beginners.” Can they give us all the deets without Kanye West interrupting? Tune in to find out

There's been a lot of PFT, Lapkus, and Sanz lately (not a complaint).

Glad Nick Kroll has been appearing with more frequency again and that Colin Hanks is now on his way to be a semi-regular.

• Like 1

kroll and lapkus with the o.d. reference right out the gate. fucking savage.

edit: I guess I need to clarify this since people are kinda misinterpreting it a bit.

I just meant to say it's still a bit of a gut punch/shock/weird tenuous subject, to have used in any regard in the context of this show.

I don't find it surprising and I don't judge it in any way. It's part of the layer of fearlessness and utter contempt for the fourth wall that makes this so much more than plain old improv.

Dabney on With Special Guest! A horrible idea I can't wait for!

Too bad Colin didn't have anything to add about Todd becoming an adult via magic wish. Just farting come up his own butt, the slacker.

• Like 9

This was not Hooray Show at his best ngl, feel like he just isn't suited to do Kanye idk

• Like 1

This is pretty unrelated but I might as well post it here, the commentary episode of U Talkin U2 To Me is the funniest podcast episode ever recorded

• Like 3

I don't think that was a reference, it was just an improviser coming up with a type of death off the top of his head.

This is pretty unrelated but I might as well post it here, the commentary episode of U Talkin U2 To Me is the funniest podcast ever recorded

I feel like this comment is relevant anywhere on this forum.

• Like 2

Why is it that Scott always calls Todd a her? I honestly can't tell whether it's a bit or not. But it always happens.

• Like 1

Dabney on With Special Guest! A horrible idea I can't wait for!

Too bad Colin didn't have anything to add about Todd becoming an adult via magic wish. Just farting come up his own butt, the slacker.

I really hope they follow through with that... I already know I'm not the only one who loved Dabney. And what is up with this Colin guy? I can't believe how much he looks like the guy from the movie Big.

• Like 3

Why is it that Scott always calls Todd a her? I honestly can't tell whether it's a bit or not. But it always happens.

Todd is a character played by a woman. It's kind of an accidental fourth-wall breaking thing. He's staring at a friend and it's tough to remember that she's playing a he right now.

I don't think that was a reference, it was just an improviser coming up with a type of death off the top of his head.

I might have meant that there was a reference to drug overdose. Let me check. Yes, that's what I meant.

I can't decide if Horatio's attempts to destroy every live show within minutes of taking the stage is the best bit or the worst bit in the world. Scott seemed genuinely surprised he was playing Kanye; I wouldn't be shocked if we get that banned character soon.

I got my baaaalls on top... my balls on top.

but seriously, what was going on when Kanye pulled out his dick? someone who was there must have photographic evidence...

• Like 1

Scott, please go back to doing the ads by yourself!!

EH! Wrong.

I really don't think anyone meant any disrespect by it. It's obviously still on their minds. Not surprising at all that it would come up in an improv setting where you're being very reactionary.

• Like 13

Todd is a character played by a woman. It's kind of an accidental fourth-wall breaking thing. He's staring at a friend and it's tough to remember that she's playing a he right now.

I honestly don't know if it's that or if he's doing a bit. He's messed up with others in the past, but it always happens with Todd. Only the Choctaw knows for sure and he's not telling.

Scott, please go back to doing the ads by yourself!!

Are you kidding? Sean and Hayes were the best part of the episode by far.

Those guys only know one speed and one direction, 100 miles per hour to your funny bone.

If anyone who enjoys Comedy Bang Bang isn't also listening to Hollywood Handbook they're messed up in a bad way.

• Like 17

I honestly don't know if it's that or if he's doing a bit. He's messed up with others in the past, but it always happens with Todd. Only the Choctaw knows for sure and he's not telling.

I don't think Scott likes Todd. Didn't he stick a gun in Todd's mouth when Todd was living with him?

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this