🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 75 — Shelby Fero Again, Our Close Friend

So I've been listening to this new Kendrick album. Can anyone tell me if this is actually good or just weird? I can't decide. This has been Questions 'Bout Kendrick.

• Like 1

Protip: Click the "image" button in the comment box, and paste the image's url.

• Like 1

So I've been listening to this new Kendrick album. Can anyone tell me if this is actually good or just weird? I can't decide. This has been Questions 'Bout Kendrick.

I absolutely love it. Totally different from GKMC while being just as solid. He made a raw, introspective album that manages to perfectly capture the state of black culture. There's a lot of old school funk and jazz elements in the production which I love. Makes a good case for hip-hop as art.

Anyways I like it

Edit: Here's a video of me

• Like 2

manages to perfectly capture the state of black culture

Are you a black bear? Cuz if not...oof.

• Like 4

tumblr_m0e4vjjPYj1qedb29o1_500.gif

It's crazy that Greggy's dancing around in the background.

• Like 15

Are you a black bear? Cuz if not...oof.

No. Sorry that probably was stupid to say. But much of the focus of the album is black culture and his place in it, and his passion lends itself to understanding. It's not my world but he paints a vivid picture. I'm not a critic obviously, just someone very excited about a piece of art and that can sometimes make someone talk out their ass. Thanks for calling me on my shit.

• Like 3

While were all talking about hip style hopping music, I'll contribute an anecdote.

When I woke up today I, like Zach Galafinakis's portfolio, had a hangover.

I was inclined to eat the main ingredient of Spunky's hat, but they say that leads to addiction, so instead I just blasted some Death Grips music into my skull and danced around like I didn't even care and now I feel better.

• Like 3

kendrick is a national treasure, and he produces a great book of secrets.

I think you're thinking of Nicholas Cage. It's not a book either, it's the Constitution of the United States

• Like 3

I think you're thinking of Nicholas Cage. It's not a book either, it's the Constitution of the United States

hahaha, and its not much of a secret since they made a movie about it, but about 6.9 billion people haven't seen it and so we can talk about the movie when they are around and also most of them do not speak english. "The Kingsmen: secret service"

• Like 1

hahaha, and its not much of a secret since they made a movie about it, but about 6.9 billion people haven't seen it and so we can talk about the movie when they are around and also most of them do not speak english. "The Kingsmen: secret service"

This is exactly it. I tried to talk to Kendrick about it because he is a national treasure, and he got upset and also thought I was having a stroke because I winked every time I said "the constitution of the united states". Just because you're "eating dinner right now" with "friends and family" doesn't mean you can't take a couple seconds to appreciate a stranger telling you about national treasure and also revealing what the treasure is and where to find it...anyway I give the album 5 stars

• Like 1

This is exactly it. I tried to talk to Kendrick about it because he is a national treasure, and he got upset and also thought I was having a stroke because I winked every time I said "the constitution of the united states". Just because you're "eating dinner right now" with "friends and family" doesn't mean you can't take a couple seconds to appreciate a stranger telling you about national treasure and also revealing what the treasure is and where to find it...anyway I give the album 5 stars

hahahahaha. 5 stars sound good, but if that was an actual gift you gave to someone, then they would not know where to put them and they would sit in their backyard and they would have to tell the story over and over which is how "Star Wars" started.

• Like 1

kendrick is a national treasure, and he produces a great book of secrets.

Anna Kendrick is also a national treasure. She's pitch perfect.

• Like 5

Yeah this album is growing on me a lot. Kendrick Lamar is a real national treasure book of secrets pitch perfect city slickers 2 the legend of curly's gold

• Like 5

NtAHWUC.jpg

From her own mouth, if anyone needs to know how to treat Eve:

I like it when he stay and play his part

Ain't scared to put a slug through a n----'s heart

Takes the best of both worlds don't discriminate

East coast, West Coast I don't playa hate

Platinum daytan on the 6-4 regulator

Big trucks in the hood, black Navigator

If you icy with the price, bring me that ring pa

Might entice me to play nicely and come and get'cha

You got a wifey, tell her nicely I'm in the picture

Cause I ain't gon struggle for long and try to get'cha

• Like 6

the first time I heard a iggy azalea song I thought "oh it's nice for eve to be back on the radio"

• Like 8

I'm really enjoying these posting tips. They're actually more helpful to my everyday life than hollywood handbook is. Do any of you post here but don't listen to show?

• Like 2

disappointed that none of you photoshop wizards have put veebs face on eve yet. Tsk tsk.

I used to smoke parliament lights. I was pretty cool then.

• Like 4

disappointed that none of you photoshop wizards have put veebs face on eve yet. Tsk tsk.

I spent about 10 minutes putting together a mashup of eve in eden, but after finding myself googling "naked black woman" I decided I should just go with the lyrics instead.

• Like 9

I spent about 10 minutes putting together a mashup of eve in eden, but after finding myself googling "naked black woman" I decided I should just go with the lyrics instead.

Couldn't find any, huh? Try bing.

• Like 10

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Norm Macdonald is on Letterman tonight.

Letterman sounds like a new super hero but he is good with words and pleasantries

• Like 3