🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 75 — Shelby Fero Again, Our Close Friend

Trick Dastardly - I like your new avatar. After I was pressured into changing my avatar to reveal my true identity, I felt that something was missing from the forums, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Now I know: co-STANZA (by mennen)

• Like 3

Trick Dastardly - I like your new avatar. After I was pressured into changing my avatar to reveal my true identity, I felt that something was missing from the forums, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Now I know: co-STANZA (by mennen)

I figured it matches my username since he always looks like he's scheming up a dastardly trick. And he's holding a baseball bat for extra badassery. What's more American than that?

!! Genuine Question alert !!

Do you find it expensive over there?

I'm thinking of going over in January to see some wrestling but people keep telling me it's not cheap.

Well, so far it hasn't seemed expensive to me but I'm at a conference and haven't had to pay for much yet. We'll see how it goes once they let me out. They are keeping us busy from morning to late night and shuttling us everywhere in a group and occasionally feeding us. We are all going to Fukushima on Wednesday to do some radiation monitoring.

Kittens -- haven't seen pizza yet but did have an indian curry the first night and the naan was super massive. I thought of you. If we go back there I'll get you a picture.

• Like 4

Had my first day at my new job today. They said I could come back tomorrow if I want, so I'd say it was a success.

• Like 18

Well, it's Monday, and now that I've had some time to reflect, I'm ready to give you the SXSW fashion report.

For women, you either have to wear all black and lots of jewelry OR a denim vest over the rest of your outfit. Those are your only two options and you must pick one. You may not choose both, and you may not choose to wear something else.

For men, loud Hawaiian shirts are still in, but their popularity seems to be waning a bit. Band t-shirts (black or white only) are obviously still OK as long as it's either a cool band on its way up or a band you only like ironically. Also, this is key, danglers are becoming a necessity. Yes, the trend of one dangly earring on men has been omnipresent for a few years within the hardcore scene, but this year it really exploded, and it's not confined to just hardcore anymore. No matter what genre you are in, you must now get a dangler.

Also, these bands were good: Uniform, Ultimate Painting, Michael Rault.

• Like 12

Had my first day at my new job today. They said I could come back tomorrow if I want, so I'd say it was a success.

Great first day

• Like 5

Well, it's Monday, and now that I've had some time to reflect, I'm ready to give you the SXSW fashion report.

For women, you either have to wear all black and lots of jewelry OR a denim vest over the rest of your outfit. Those are your only two options and you must pick one. You may not choose both, and you may not choose to wear something else.

For men, loud Hawaiian shirts are still in, but their popularity seems to be waning a bit. Band t-shirts (black or white only) are obviously still OK as long as it's either a cool band on its way up or a band you only like ironically. Also, this is key, danglers are becoming a necessity. Yes, the trend of one dangly earring on men has been omnipresent for a few years within the hardcore scene, but this year it really exploded, and it's not confined to just hardcore anymore. No matter what genre you are in, you must now get a dangler.

Also, these bands were good: Uniform, Ultimate Painting, Michael Rault.

Dang, I need to find myself a denim vest. I'm still wearing the denim jackets of 2010.

• Like 2

Oh can I just cut the sleeves off of my jackets or is fringe not cool?

• Like 6

you could be the one to bring back the jean jacket staz

• Like 3

Fringe is in, you're good!

EDIT: Congrats to me on my 69th post B) B) B) B)

• Like 12

you could be the one to bring back the jean jacket staz

Woohoo!

Fringe is in, you're good!

Woohoo!

• Like 1

By the way, I don't actually have any jean jackets. I was just playing a character who does have jean jackets....she is based on several people that I knew in 2010 (who wore jean jackets).

• Like 14

I will openly admit that I am not a regular listener of the Hollywood Handbook. I'm honestly quite fascinated by my response to this podcast. Every once in a while, I'll try to listen to it. I'll have a laugh or two, but without fail, I will find my eyes becoming glazed over and suddenly I'm just hearing two guys talk without listening to anything they say. They seem to tap into a vein of being glib and vacant that resonates at a magic frequency that will lull my ability for aural retention into a state of hibernation. And that's when I turn it off.

I wholeheartedly apologize for typing that paragraph. Carry on with your lives and keep listening to podcasts.

Shelby Fero is a cute girl.

sorry for your lots loco

• Like 3