🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode X - Trouble with Boys

David Bazan and Yuuki Mathews take time out of their west coast tour to sit down at Bro-Bro Studios with Horatio and Chad. Horatio and Dave reminisce about their 10 year friendship and how they met. Horatio reveals a secret about what is actually in his inhaler and Chad finally gets the intervention he's been asking for and then runs. Joe Show comes by and breaks down the Blurred Lines of copyright law and the music industry. All music copyright David Bazan, except for that Shins song we used... oh and there is a second or two of Blurred Lines... maybe another one that just slipped past.

• Like 1

Not sure if it's cool here on the board, but I've been a fan of Bazan for a few years now and just wanted to add a couple links for a taste of his music.

Bazan's project Headphones

Bazan's Pedro the Lion album - Achilles Heel

There is no replacing the high quality cd's/vinyl with video quality, so the above links are offered as a toe in the water.

• Like 6

Happy Hooray Show Wednesday everyone! Thank you for listening. Every week we are gaining subscribers and listeners and I couldn't be more thrilled.

Episode X - Trouble With Boys

Insiders guide to the episode:

With the exceptions of the Shins song we use after introducing Yuuki, the Blurred Lines sample and the Fat Boys sample, (and Bless this Mess acoustic) there are 10 songs (episode 10... get it?) by David Bazan presented in the order he created for Bazan Monthly. You can subscribe to Bazan Monthly at davidbazan.com and receive new songs every month in any format you choose.

1- Impermanent Record

2 - Deny Myself

3 - Nobody's Perfect

4 - Sparkling Water

5 - With You

6 - Little Landslide

7 - Kept Secrets

8 - Ill at Ease

9 - Disappearing Ink

10 - Trouble With Boys

I am blown away by how much I really love Dave and his music. I was only turned onto his music shortly before we launched the podcast and now that I met him, there is no turning back. I absolutely love when you meet a musician or other artist that you admire and they turn out to be such genuinely cool human beings.

This episode does take a turn from comedy a bit, and personally I feel that is okay. I think it's okay to be cool and real. The comedy will always be there by default, but once again, the content is dictated by the guest.

I am very happy with this episode and here's to the next 10 you guys!

Cheers!

• Like 11

I'm with you Chad, if I was on an island and had to pick between the dead and phish I would totally go with the dead.

• Like 1

Cool ep. As mentioned, lighter on comedy, but Bazan's a great dude to just listen to him talk about like his philosophy on life. And I did enjoy that story about playing a show with people right by him waiting to use the bathroom. That was funny.

• Like 4

I'm with you Chad, if I was on an island and had to pick between the dead and phish I would totally go with the dead.

I agree, but I'd rather eat fish than be dead.

Cool episode, pleasantly surprised to hear Horatio doing something resembling a straight interview given his anarchic tendencies.

• Like 4

Great episode, I've really like David ever since I heard him on Improv4humans. Everybody has a really good rapport with each other, really interesting episode.

• Like 3

I love the idea of Dave Matthews looking icily out the bus window and deciding "fuck this city"

*pulls big lever, shit pours out of hatch on the rear of the bus shaped like a giant ass*

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this