🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
jarrycanada

Pixels (2015)

I saw this trailer last night and holy Christ does it look like shit. I get the feeling that they are trying to go with "Wreck-It Ralph's nostalgia meets Michael Bay's production style." Also, after firing out two very recent gigantic turds in "Men, Women, and Children" and now apparently "The Cobbler," can we finally stop Adam Sandler from making movies?

• Like 1

Adam Sandler going to rape my childhood! Adam Sandler has stayed off the HDTGM radar too long. he should get a lifetime achievement award for his fine film work he's done. ;)

• Like 2

Mercy. At first I was like, "Oh that's kind of a cute idea," then they were in the uniforms and then the Mini Coopers and ... man. It just looks like - well can we just start referring to any act of cinematic-mercenary-cash-grabbing as "pulling a Sandler?" Because that would save us all some time.

Also this looks like a good fit for The Worst Idea of All Time guys when they wrap up Sex and the City 2 next year.

I have to admit that I liked the fact that in the trailer Donkey Kong throws the first barrel in the oil drum witch makes it catch fire and explode just like in the game... BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT I hated that Adam Sandler job seems to be to announce / describe every character and name every game with an inflection almost like a service for the 2000s kids and everybody else who has no idea what '80 and '90 8bit VideoGames are... It was jarring for me...

I also love Josh Gad, Peter Dinklage, Brian Cox, Ashley Benson and Michelle Monaghan... They are also in the movie and I hope they make it bearable

This is the original 2 minute viral short that the movie is "based on" originally uploaded in 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugV6cLgwomo

• Like 1

I think Awesome-O came up with at least 75% of these ideas. The way that they act in this reminds me of the old Nick Arcade TC show from the 90s with its bad green screen.

• Like 2

Watching kids bumble their way through that green screen game at the end was equal parts hilarious/painful.

There was a great article a couple years back where they interviewed former contestants from another Nickelodeon game show "Legends of the Hidden Temple" where these kids were basically put through hell for 12 hours in order to film a single half hour show. I can only imagine it being just slightly less worse in this situation of dealing with a green screen and crappy obstacle courses.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/3/5/4064102/legends-of-the-hidden-temple-interview

I hadn't thought of it before but now I'm kind of stunned HDTGM hasn't covered any Adam Sandler movies before. Have they covered any Happy Madison movies? I'm pretty sure the majority of them are worthy of the show.

I realized at the age of 16 that I was finally maturing when I started understanding the women who dumped Sandler at the beginning of his movies, like 'Yeah, I'd dump him too, he seems like he has real anger management and maturity issues.'

Anthology of Interest II: The Motion Picture. I can only assume they are from the planet Nintendu 64.

• Like 4

Was this the inspiration for superbowl bud light pacman tv ad.

Japanese got it right the first time.

I hadn't thought of it before but now I'm kind of stunned HDTGM hasn't covered any Adam Sandler movies before. Have they covered any Happy Madison movies? I'm pretty sure the majority of them are worthy of the show.

I think they tend to avoid movies that people they know have worked on, like how since June Diane Raphael was on "New Girl" with Zooey Deschanel, they probably won't cover "The Happening." And since Adam Sandler tends to have comic actors in his movies, the chances of their being friends with somebody in one of them is pretty high.

As more and more hilarious reviews come out, I find it harder and harder to keep myself from seeing this movie.

If you go and listen to the Winter's Tale episode Jason goes off on the Blended movie trailer. I imagine his 2 minute rant is funnier than anything in Sandler's career to date.

• Like 1

The problem with Sandler is his bad movies are just plain bad and not enjoyable. Usually when a comedy is bad its just not any fun to watch at all.

Blended is on HBO Go, I watched it a few weeks back. It was magical.

Can't we all just go watch the Futurama episode that had this exact plot and just say that we watched this movie instead? I'm 100% positive we'll all laugh harder and save ourselves 2 hours.

• Like 3

I just had a terrible thought and I pray that it is not an epiphany because I hope 20 years ago me had alright taste in movies. What if Adam Sandler was never funny and I just matured?

I just had a terrible thought and I pray that it is not an epiphany because I hope 20 years ago me had alright taste in movies. What if Adam Sandler was never funny and I just matured?

I will defend Gilmore to my deathbed.

• Like 1

I will defend Gilmore to my deathbed.

Thank you for affirming that his earlier work was not bad. I broke up with a girl once for owning Grownups on DVD... or she might have been crazy it was one or the other.

Thank you for affirming that his earlier work was not bad. I broke up with a girl once for owning Grownups on DVD... or she might have been crazy it was one or the other.

That reminds me of how unimportant reviews are and how our customers only bring them up to either support their choice in films or to shoot down someone else's. An actual quote from a conversation that I overheard at my theater a few years back:

"Nah, I heard that that one got bad reviews. We should go see 'Grown Ups' instead..."

• Like 1

That reminds me of how unimportant reviews are and how our customers only bring them up to either support their choice in films or to shoot down someone else's. An actual quote from a conversation that I overheard at my theater a few years back:

"Nah, I heard that that one got bad reviews. We should go see 'Grown Ups' instead..."

Man, now I want to know what the movie that person was trying to avoid was.

As for mystifying overheard conversations about movies, I once overheard a man asking his kids, "'We Bought a Zoo...' what's that one about?"

• Like 2

Man, now I want to know what the movie that person was trying to avoid was.

As for mystifying overheard conversations about movies, I once overheard a man asking his kids, "'We Bought a Zoo...' what's that one about?"

Lately, our customers have been complete fucking idiots when it comes to movies that DON'T have very literal, on-the-nose names, like it just blows their mind when, after asking every other question they can possibly ask, they realize that "Trainwreck" ISN'T a movie about a literal trainwreck or anything. It's not "Unstoppable". "Whoa, wait, it's a COMEDY?!?"

I had another winner last week with...

"I'll take two for The Galloways".

"WHAT? Do you mean The Gallows?"

"Yeah, whatever, you know what I mean."

No, I don't understand how you pull "Galloways" out of thin air.

THIS is the Adam Sandler fanbase, the people that can fuck up a simple one-word title.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this