🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 179 — LIVE from SXSW 2015 with Austin Lucas

Matt Walsh, Horatio Sanz, and Shannon O’Neill commend you for finding this week’s improv4humans with Matt Besser recorded LIVE from SXSW on your favorite podcast app. Get ready to learn about the only beast noise app that you’ll ever want to own, why a car prank can get you in a situation you don’t want to be in, and the origins of being a hype-man. Plus, Austin Lucas performs “Splinters” as inspiration for some more improvised scenes. Make sure to get the Upright Citizens Brigade television show season 3 now available on DVD, the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

I'm really happy with myself because I predicted Boron would be the element! It's a funny word.

• Like 1

I hope that person who 'thought the musical episodes were behind us' doesn't get upset again!

• Like 2

I also really love Thursdays -- but do improvisers know that when they make prolonged wet mouth sounds I have to RIP my headphones from my ears. I couldn't even listen to that make-out scene, which is a shame, because all three of those improvisers (and Besser) were on point this episode.

I love the fact that the very next Horatio Earwolf episode after the complaints about his Kanye's mom joke on CBB included him initiating a prolonged sketch about the death of Paul Walker.

Kismet!

• Like 14

"I'm Fred Durst!"

"You're FRED Durst?"

"That's right. I did it all for the nookie, god dammit!"

• Like 3

do improvisers know that when they make prolonged wet mouth sounds I have to RIP my headphones from my ears

You may want to avoid Nerd Poker.

• Like 2

You may want to avoid Nerd Poker.

Don't we all already do that loooooooooooooooooooool

• Like 1

I love the fact that the very next Horatio Earwolf episode after the complaints about his Kanye's mom joke on CBB included him initiating a prolonged sketch about the death of Paul Walker.

Kismet!

That. Was. Delightful.

This woman who's leading everyone on a wild goose chase by making up all these random details about this fake app is driving me nuts.

• Like 2

Kismet!

the direction that scene took after the audience response to horatios joke was pure genius

• Like 1

Overall grepisode but the car wreckage race scene is best of material. I was grooving in my car and laughing hysterically at Shannon O'Neill.

Overall grepisode but the car wreckage race scene is best of material. I was grooving in my car and laughing hysterically at Shannon O'Neill.

Shannon is so funny. I wish she could be on the show more often, but I know she's based in NY, and I4H is usually in LA, so it's highly unlikely.

This episode was hilarious throughout though. Love all these improvisers.

• Like 1

Great episode. I really liked Shannon and Horatio's chemistry. They both went to weird places in scenes and seemed to get a kick out of each other for having done that.

• Like 2

That cat app 1) doesn't make sense 2) sounds exactly like the bullshit you'd expect to hear about at SXSW. In fact, hearing them take the piss out of that one and the movie choice app was too damn funny.

The too soon discussion couldn't have been more on point. I kind of wonder if Besser was at the first CBB! taping, heard the fall out, and landed perfectly into a "too soon" scenario.

I will never, ever get tired of hearing crazy stories from the early years of UCB.

• Like 2

That cat app 1) doesn't make sense 2) sounds exactly like the bullshit you'd expect to hear about at SXSW. In fact, hearing them take the piss out of that one and the movie choice app was too damn funny.

It's another case of someone trying to be funny by just being "random" with no inflections. People like this make me crazy.

• Like 1

At work today I started chuckling out of seemingly nowhere because I remembered the whole 4000 women thing. Good for Walsh.

Great episode. I really liked Shannon and Horatio's chemistry. They both went to weird places in scenes and seemed to get a kick out of each other for having done that.

the "did you have a window"

"no I would bring a saw and cut a hole"

"fuck you asshole"

"horatio wheezing noises""

killed me

• Like 2