🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 340 — LIVE from SXSW 2015 II

For a second I thought Tig was Todd Glass, the way she stopped and set up the "angry mob - audience" bit.

On a similar, note, when did Leykis turn into Brody Stevens? YOU GOT IT!

Great episode, Tig and Leykis were great foils for one another and the WH ladies were a delight as always.

• Like 1

Anyone else get the felling there might be a fourth Harpy sister? I bet her name is Harriette.

I'm incredibly dumb; had a feeling there may be a bbbonus ep up earlier today but when I saw "Live from SXSW" I didn't register the "part II" and immediately closed the tab. D'oh! Can't wait to listen.

edit: Just listened. Solid ep, Tig and Leykis had this oil-and-water vibe that was funny but also kinda redundant since Scott is usually the wet towel. Personally I think it might be time to retire that character for awhile having peaked on With Special Guest a couple weeks back.

• Like 1

I love that Adomian couldn't pull 'baby batter' and said 'beer battered babies' which is infinitely better. The reaction by the rest only made it funnier.

• Like 6

My reaction to this episode is a burning envy of those who were at the show. That's a shit ton of amazing comedy talent doing a great job at what they do on stage.

So do Sean and Hayes owe Scott back-podcast rent or something?

Apparently Scott was late to record some ads and they happened to be in the studio.

Aka perfectly timed synergy opportunity for the top 2 insiders in Hollywood

• Like 2

I will never get tired of Adomian's amazing parody of heterosexual men.

Wish Tig was on the show more often! I love how she and Scott get along.

• Like 2

My reaction to this episode is a burning envy of those who were at the show. That's a shit ton of amazing comedy talent doing a great job at what they do on stage.

If I didn't know that Adomian was going to be on the show, and they hadn't jumped on the gun on the drop, I would have flipped the fuck out when Enter Sandman hit.

When Tom blows Tig up helicopter-style and starts singing the opening guitar chords of Hendrix's All Along the Watchtower.

It is when this happens that I laugh loud enough to bother those around me.

• Like 1

I absolutely love that James only brings Tom Leykis when there's at least one great female comic there to foil/balance/amplify him. Poehler, Bamford, Lapkus solo, now Tig AND the Wild Horses. It's clearly a conscious and very smart decision.

If you haven't listened to them yet, Tom Leykis does guest on 2 live CBB episodes from the Earwolf store. One with PFT as the third guest and another with Horatio Sanz. Its a bit of a different dynamic since its all-male and only character guests, but still equally as hilarious and disgusting nonetheless. Definitely recomend buying those episodes.

I'm loving these ads with Sean and Hayes. I hope this means they'll be on CBB soon.

• Like 4

I'm loving these ads with Sean and Hayes. I hope this means they'll be on CBB soon.

It has to be leading to that, right?

• Like 1

I could just listen to a podcast with Sean and Hayes reading advertisements.

• Like 2

edit: Just listened. Solid ep, Tig and Leykis had this oil-and-water vibe that was funny but also kinda redundant since Scott is usually the wet towel. Personally I think it might be time to retire that character for awhile having peaked on With Special Guest a couple weeks back.

The crowd and Tig in the last 1/3 of this is a good barometer of why this character needs to be shelved for a while. Can't nail them all (or most of them in the final 1/3) regardless of how many vulgar jokes or obscure literary/arts references you throw out.

However, I feel like the women of Wild Horses held their own great when actually given a chance. And Tig is just the best. I need to figure out a creative way to become an expert on Professor Blastoff (which has been on a roll lately with a string of fantastic episodes).

Man, Tig is the unassailable master of denial improv... so good.

• Like 2

Man, Tig is the unassailable master of denial improv... so good.

I'm not going to lie, this kind of made me love her even more than I already do.

Personally I think it might be time to retire that character for awhile having peaked on With Special Guest a couple weeks back.

I'm thinking- get Hunter S Thompson in there. He was great on Dead Authors.

I also agree with this. I fucking love me some Mary Holland.

I want more Dreama Peaches the bear-hunter from Tash.2

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this