🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Casaba

Happy Birthday, Hayes

One more addition: Sean should not be jealous because he will receive an equally wonderful gift for his bday.

• Like 18

One more addition: Sean should not be jealous because he will receive an equally wonderful gift for his bday.

Spoiler alert!!!!

• Like 11

Spoiler alert!!!!

we didnt say WHICH birthday. im going to borrow a 20 sided die from one of the guys over in the nerd poker forum and we'll figure out how many years till he gets his presents

• Like 6

Why are you even looking at these videos at all, you guys. They belong to Hayes. Are you going to open all his presents next??

• Like 7

how come I can't be cool and get my video to embed?

If you want to embed a video, you have to post the link like

[media]youtube link here[/media]

• Like 1

hey guys. thanks! on to the notes:

agata: good energy, not a TON of jokes but i understand if you were going for a different thing. my one note would be to lose the wave at the end. also, i was "really fun" on your show? think we can find a stronger choice of words than that.

andrew: the poem is working for sure. but the overlay animation you're using for your eyebrows occasionally glitches where they don't move with the rest of your face. just do a frame-by-frame spot check and you should be all good.

tim: just go ahead and rip out that carpet, buddy. just pull it right out. i know you like to pretend you're not doing well financially but that is not a good look. looks like it might just be cement under there, that could actually be cool? would look good with the vintage coca-cola box.

marshall: worried that you guys revealed a lot of your proprietary tech in the background there. also freaked out by how you stopped the tape without reaching toward the camera or making any kind of click sound. would appreciate more notice that the tape is stopping next time.

valerie: yikes, valerie. the rap was so good. wish i could have just focused on that instead of the TWO earwolf posters that have nothing to do with my show in the background. is this supposed to make me feel special on my birthday? because it's making me feel eSPECIALly like a piece of shit.

mbop: i don't know if this is a note. but just seeing that it was a vertical video of two excavators shot from a car about two hundred feet away i knew this was your portion of the video.

charlie: glad to see joe still shows up for the important stuff! still, more questions than answers here. what's that third sign say, that's a big one. and who's that guy at the end? does he want to be a fan of our show? based on the rest of this video we could use him.

brian: not a lot of evocative boston stuff in this video. tim and james wore gear at least. i see nothing here. no ducklings, citgo sign, mapparium. can't figure out where this is even shot. mass ave and boylston over the mass pike facing east? very frustrating, not fun to watch.

joe: good sense of location, lots of cars going by, front porch appears to be shared with another person's door... i get a real sense of where you're coming from. but just the slightest turn of the camera to show me what miss slasher looks like would have made this a lot "more," you know? also, i knew it was you, you post your picture a lot on here.

toby: appreciate the attention to detail with the inclusion of tim's famous earbuds. but while i personally don't mind it? some people might take issue with you not including any female forum users? even though the mannequin is female? i don't know, people seem to get mad about that stuff lately.

spunky: still not comfortable with the idea that you think your dog is clothes.

honlads: couple fucked up things about this: one, distracting hair incline, two, i went to a spar today for the first time. not a eurospar, just a regular spar. i didn't even know there were other spars in the world. why two spars in one day??? bad video

adam: we are gonna sit down together and have a posture conversation, my friend. more than this notes session allows. don't want to get into costs on here but you may want to hit the slots a few more times.

anastasia: seems like you organized the video so i guess i'll focus on that. segments seemed to be lined up with each other nicely. no long breaks. i can read the text at the beginning and end. good job.

burdrulz: please don't fuck with baz luhrmann's work. don't slow it down, don't speed it up, just leave it alone. he did it how he wanted it to sound. good drawing, good effects, etc. just... it makes it seem like you think you're better than baz when you play with his material. and i know you know you're not.

chanson: i know you care, chanson. you made sure to say the dog's name in the video so i'd know it was you. these other guys put more effort in, but i think you care most of all.

josh: liked the drawings. did not like that you seem to have a bullet hanging around your neck at all times. i would have liked to have shown this video to my family.

bozos: everyone else, please pay attention: this is how you show me what the temperature is where you are. i do not know if the song was good or the original song it was based on, but i watch this video and i KNOW IT IS COLD OUTSIDE. let me know if it's hot or cold, guys. with most of you i have no idea.

greggy: am i correct in assuming that you sent anastasia a *sound* file and she had to figure out a way to connect it to the video segments and put a picture over it? i hope i'm not.

andy: i'm suspicious of how much effort went into the lighting of this shot. if not, see if you can what the computer's doing to your skin tone to happen in the real world.

steve: looks like you have high ceilings. might just be a camera effect, but that was a pleasant surprise for me.

thanks again everyone! looking forward to the next round.

mine was a video, i was in the bathroom with the light off. we cant all be andy, even if we base our entire being on trying to be

• Like 13

thanks for quoting the whole post, greggy. i missed it the first time.

• Like 15

thanks for quoting the whole post, greggy. i missed it the first time.

np i can do it again if needs be

• Like 5

np i can do it again if needs be

I hope this isn't out of line, but I really think it should be quoted again.

• Like 2

In my defense, Anastasia gave me a note, "Joe, you forgot to say who you were in your video.' To which I responded, "but my picture on the forums is my face"...and then I just got scared so I added the tag onto the end. So blame Staz.

• Like 3

But also thank me Joe, because I wrote the opening line of your monologue.

• Like 2

Thank heavens for this thread because I wanted to give birthday wishes to Hayes but am too sheepish to say anything on fb mostly because idk him and am forced to admire him from afar. I do admire you though Hayes, ye are truly "the man". Thanks for the laughs and release from to doldrums of everyday life. Also, loving the video series that burdrulz shared."those people". keep up the good works

• Like 4

honlads: couple fucked up things about this: one, distracting hair incline, two, i went to a spar today for the first time. not a eurospar, just a regular spar. i didn't even know there were other spars in the world. why two spars in one day??? bad video

a ) Yeah, good one, except I actually have great hair and it was actually very windy that day.

b ) I had a line about Eurospar where I said I was going to buy you a card in my "continental dojo", then turned the camera around to see Eurospar, but I edited it out because it was too good.

• Like 14

I didn't like my note, do me again.

P.S. We have Spars here too, what a bond we share.

• Like 10

When we first found Hurricane Dennis and started reading up about his breed, we learned that in olden times chows were used for every type of guarding and working job, and also for clothes and food, and that they are apparently quite delicious. So on the whole, considering the number of times I've threatened to eat him, I think he's pretty happy with being clothes.

• Like 9

If you like the video so much throw it a like bone at least

• Like 2

Hayes Davenport: a true class act.

• Like 1

For my last meal on death row I'm going to ask for Hurricane Dennis, alive of course. You thought I was going to eat him you sick fucks, maybe you should be on death row instead.

• Like 7