🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 341 — Banging the Table with Stars

The tables are being banged on as lead-singers Torquil & Amy of Stars join Scott on this week’s Comedy Bing! Bong! They’ll tell us about the band’s origin story, making each other sing embarrassing lyrics, and play songs off their latest album “No One Is Lost.” Later, Claudia O’Doherty returns to showcase her excellent Kim Cattrall impression on everyone including Hollywood barber Brian Barber.

Can't wait to listen to this. The new Stars album is dancey as hell. Love all of those Broken Social Scene overlaps and side projects really.

• Like 1

Need a sex and the city cast episode with Claudia as Kim Cattrall and the Birthday Boys as the rest of the cast. They must have time now, right?

• Like 8

great band. reminds me a bit of Mekons.

• Like 1

Always skeptical when bands or artists are on the show, but they were great. Great music as well

• Like 1

Those ads really cracked me up. I too want Harry to not be ashamed.

• Like 7

Amy Millan is my new favorite CBB character.

"I ran away from home at age 24."

"It was a sword-fighting fish."

• Like 5

Can we just have Sean and Hayes have a podcast of them reading ads?

"I couldn't get to sleep with all the hammering from you trying to build your website."

"Yeah, it made a pretty nice doghouse but I can't log on to it."

"Don't take meatballstore.com. That ones no longer available."

• Like 7

ahhh I loved Set Yourself on Fire a bunch back when it came out, but failed to keep up with the group. Glad to hear they're still kicking, they did a great job as guests!

• Like 1

Dead on Kim Cattrall impression, definitely worthy of winning a contest.

Great to hear from Claudia again.

• Like 5

All this chappie talk haha fantastic ep! I love claudia also when Aukerman laughs at Neil's jokes.. amazing music!

• Like 2

claudia slipped in that carrie from sex and the city's full name is carrie brownstein -- from portlandia

i love you claudia

• Like 11

I love when they're talking about parting hair, and Neil and Scott start talking about "hard parts," Claudia subtly throws in "The hardest part is saying goodbye."

Dammit, Claudia, you're amazing.

• Like 11

Great episode. Love Stars and their new album. The wrong theme for WYR kills me and the Kim Catrall impression is hysterical. Thanks for making Monday morning fun Scott.

• Like 1

Also, the thing I've heard about SXSW is, that it's so mind blowing, that after you've gone you might even refer to it as something that has yet to occur.

- probably what happened to Scott

I was surprised that Scott so quickly professed his faith in the "one true Santa" after he was beaten mercilessly by him a few eps ago. I'm worried that the beating may have caused amnesia?

• Like 6

I'm only a little ways in, and I've never heard of these Stars people, but they are very, very funny good guests.

Edit:

Turns out they are musicians. Pretty good ones too, judging by the quality of the music they are doing on the show.

• Like 2

I got a little bummed out when Torquil mentioned Phish . . . I wondered if Scott was going to comment on that, but I'm kinda glad he didn't.

• Like 1

I was really hoping in Scott's penetrating interview that we would find out how many of the Gords Amy and Torquil have met. I was sorely disappointed.

• Like 2

Nobody caught when Neil said that the raccoon ran out and stole some of his garbage!!!

Brilliant reference to those pesky rubbish burglars.

• Like 11