🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 19 — Scott Aukerman: A Lil' Dab'll Do Ya'

Oooooh I've been waiting for this. I love Scott's expert character work.

• Like 1

I see Dabney's picked up some Aukermanisms from their time together at Marissa Wompler's birthday party. I laughed at "I forgive, but I never forget" and "Check the remaining time on the podcast for a clue".

• Like 5

I love hearing Scott's chair squeak as he leans back to shout from "across the room."

so, Dabney is 96?

and his first 366 days alive included a leap year...

so he was born in late 1918 or early 1919.

luckily 1920 was in fact a leap year, so...

the only way this makes sense is if he was born between march 1 and march 27, 1919.

Dabney, your math checks out. happy belated birthday bro.

• Like 17

I want to hear Matt Besser's "guy screaming from the distance" character, Dabney and Homsar from Homestar Runner on the same radio show.

That is a crossover I would totally rally behind. Homsar was raised by a cup of coffee!

• Like 2

so, Dabney is 96?

the only way this makes sense is if he was born between march 1 and march 27, 1919.

Your math is way off. He must have been born sometime in the nineties.

• Like 16

"The babies could give it a little lick if they wanted to! And that's gay stuff, no homo."

This was so great. Scot... umm Dabney stayed in character surprisingly well the whole podcast, even thought he sounded winded only after couple of minutes. I laughed through the whole episode; the back and forth between Scott and Lauren is so enjoyable to listen to!

PS. Boy sounded a LOT like Fourvel, wonder if this was canonical...

• Like 2

As soon as I read "Dab" in the title, I got WAY TOO EXCITED! (^-^)

DABNER RETURNS! WOOOO! Downloading NOW!

• Like 1

That groan stick effect on Dabney's voice after the bong hit ruined me at work.

• Like 1

The first segment was incredibly funny, one of my favorite Earwolf things ever. It goes a bit off the rails subsequently but in a fun/insane way. Scott is genuinely a pretty great improviser at this point, even outside of his usual host persona.

This was so goddamn silly and I loved it. You can hear how much fun they were having recording this.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought of Lapkus/Regina re: that joke on Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt involving a certain theme song. Parallel thinking or influence?

• Like 3

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought of Lapkus/Regina re: that joke on Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt involving a certain theme song. Parallel thinking or influence?

OKAY I wasn't going to admit this because it makes me seem like a crazy person but for half a second when Titus started singing the song I thought to myself, "Oh good, Regina must have made a little money from this"

I promise that I actually DO know what a character is

• Like 7

"You gotta laugh."

(Fond memories of the Calvins Twins interposed with Dabney's subsequent molestation trip.)

What a grepisode.

Was that a Calvins Twins reference @ 34:15?

"You gotta laugh..."

...from coast to coast

C+ episode, despite the shameless plug for "Who's Charting" @ 47:00

As soon as Dabney launched into an exhaustive dissection of the three apostrophes in the show title, I knew this would surpass my sky-high expectations.

• Like 9

When Scott gets the chance to cut loose on shows like this and 'Kiss Me I'm Patrick McMahon' it makes me appreciate his (relative) straightman work on CBB. He's a wild-man at heart.

• Like 3

so, Dabney is 96?

Scott was either incredibly lucky in throwing out Dabney's birth year, or this is just another piece of evidence to throw on the growing pile that Scott is very skilled at quick mental math and knowledge of leap years. (That, or he prepared this weird little detail beforehand, but seeing as the nature of the improv is so fluid and random, I am inclined to believe the dude knows his numbers! Lol)

• Like 2