🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 342 — A Silicon Valley P-Cast

I'm always mystified at how quickly I feel like these great episodes end, I mean this one was nearly 2 hours long but it always feels like it was only 45 minutes or something. I DEMAND MORE NONSENSE!!!

Oh baby, Middleditch strikes again. Easily my favorite guest on every podcast ever. Too bad I dont have HBO or I would actually watch the TV show called Sillycon Valley.

Also, since when did Scott start taking phone calls on the show?

I want everyone to know, that doesn't realize it already, that this season of CBB on Earwolf is the BEST ever, already. Every week has been an amazing lineup, this is the most solid year yet and I look forward to the next 9 months of it. Thanks again Comedy Bang Bang! Been loving it since episode 14. Before that I don't know where I was but I didn't love you then! But now I love you! More than ever! :wub:

• Like 6

oy863fR.png

I never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait to get home so I can see which horse dicks are selling for $2099. What a deal!

• Like 4

I never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait to get home so I can see which horse dicks are selling for $2099. What a deal!

It's a monthly subscription. It sounds like a lot but it's just a fart for a rich guy like me.

Kumail showing some leg in the pics.

IMG_0792.jpg

The whitest of gym socks across the couch...

• Like 2

It's a monthly subscription. It sounds like a lot but it's just a fart for a rich guy like me.

I'm sensing I'm suffering from a serious case of WHOOSH here, so I'm going to forego the rest of this conversation until I've been able to listen to this episode outside of work where I get interrupted every ~3 minutes.

Regards

Holy shit was this a delightful ep! At first I was a bit sad that PFT didn't stay for the whole episode (but his quick cameo was great), but oh boy did the Sillycone Valley boys deliver the goods. First of all I'd like to vote Thomas Middleditch as one of the all time best first timers on CBB. He was great as himself and in character, both in his goofy misspellings of words to the vast and twisted back story of Joey Tortellini. I truly hope that Joey makes a return someday. Kumail and Martin were great too and played greatly as the straight man with Scott (who was on fire) against Joey's increasingly crazy life story.

But the greatest part came at the end of the episode: the phone calls to China. It's been quite some time since I laughed so hard at something so silly. And this was all thanks to Thomas' quick improv skills and "character" work. Please have him back sooner than later.

• Like 11

And this was all thanks to Thomas' quick improv skills and "character" work. Please have him back sooner than later.

Yeah, because he sort of plays the straight man character on SV I hadn't really thought of him as being quite this funny...

• Like 2

Why has the old WYR theme been replaced by the Hollywood Facts theme? Did Sondheim finally threaten to sue?

• Like 2

Why has the old WYR theme been replaced by the Hollywood Facts theme? Did Sondheim finally threaten to sue?

I'm guessing it's just that it's quite possibly the best segment theme ever made for the show, but is for a segment that has very little replay value, and Scotty wants to get to play it more often.

• Like 1

This is my favorite type of Comedy Bang Bang. A bunch of people who know each other well, get each other's humor, and just have fun.

• Like 6

Between this and his recent appearance on With Special Guest, Thomas Middleditch has been killing me lately. More Characs, Thomas! More Characs!

• Like 2

Engineer played the wrong one a few weeks back, Scott keeps doing it.

• Like 1

Love love love when any episode devolves into a total free-for-all of silliness, and Middleditch is the best in that situation.

Tony Macaroni shout-out!

Also, I'll try to say this in a way that doesn't make anyone too mad - I enjoyed a return to ad breaks that weren't 4-5 minutes long.

• Like 2

I let my guard down during plugs and that call to China killed me. I was out in public and muttered the same "oh no..." that everyone else did.

• Like 2