🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 342 — A Silicon Valley P-Cast

I love Thomas Middleditch and his innate ability to say these like... non-jokes that just land in the room with an almost audible thud. I cannot put into words how much it makes me laugh, it's so dumb.

It's almost Wittelsesque.

Almost.

• Like 1

There's some grade A silliness going on here. Thomas Middleditch is a force of nature.

• Like 3

Yeah, because he sort of plays the straight man character on SV I hadn't really thought of him as being quite this funny...

That's interesting! Of Middleditch's appearances on stuff, I saw Silicon Valley relatively last, so I was surprised t'other way when his character was much more reserved than I had expected.

I loved Middleditch's Pete Holmes Show appearances on Ex-Men and Red Tape, ESPECIALLY the outtakes, and especially Middleditch as

and
. His 'Gravy Boy/Mashed Potato Boy' riff in the Ken scene kills me every time.

Then one day I was looking up Marc Evan Jackson tumblr posts and saw a link to a series MEJ & Thomas were in called FOX COMPTON (also starring Angela Trimbur, Brandon Johnson, and Lauren Lapkus). It's so good. Seeing Fox Compton is what compelled me to buy a season pass to Silicon Valley S1.

Fox Compton - Episode 1

Fox Compton - Episode 2

Fox Compton - Episode 3

Fox Compton - Episode 4

When I saw his photo for CBB I was like, "THIS IS GOING TO BE BANANAS."

(Thomas' instagram is also great, with a lot of videos of joking around from the set of Silicon Valley season 2.)

• Like 3

What was Scott saying about Thomas and Lauren Lapkus being on an episode of the show? I'm looking up recent shows (I thought he mentioned the 22nd) and I can't find anything with them airing. Does anyone know when the show would air and if they even did an episode together?

What was Scott saying about Thomas and Lauren Lapkus being on an episode of the show? I'm looking up recent shows (I thought he mentioned the 22nd) and I can't find anything with them airing. Does anyone know when the show would air and if they even did an episode together?

Upcoming on the 4th season of CBB on IFC.

"Thomas Middleditch Wears an Enigmatic Sweatshirt and Sweatpants With Pockets" airing May 22nd.

Love love love when any episode devolves into a total free-for-all of silliness, and Middleditch is the best in that situation.

Tony Macaroni shout-out!

Also, I'll try to say this in a way that doesn't make anyone too mad - I enjoyed a return to ad breaks that weren't 4-5 minutes long.

Dear god yes.

Between this and his recent appearance on With Special Guest, Thomas Middleditch has been killing me lately. More Characs, Thomas! More Characs!

He was also on Hollywood Handbook in mid-December and was phenomenal.

• Like 3

maybe the WSGLL ep#14 ? (Lauren's Podcast)

• Like 1

I firmly believe this ep should've been called "HBO Fat-Natties"

• Like 1

Tsk tsk tsk. How could this not be titled, "Old Man Pooooobies"!?!

Dropped. The. Ball. Scottie (too Hottie) Saucerman

Really, I feel like a ton of lines as the podcast went on would make for amazing titles, especially from Mr. Shua She Xaoi (man I wish I could use the WingDing Font here) and his amazing, broken phone. This could've been called, "Click!" or ,"English is so hip and cool!" or ,"The Line is still open!" or ,"I'm a big boy!" or ,"Don't be an asshole!" rofl!

This has got to be the silliest Scott I've heard in a long time.

All time great episode. C+

• Like 2

How am I the first person to point out "Horse penis got biggies", I was hysterical on my drive to work this morning

THAT was the clear correct choice for the title of this Pcast, and side note Thomas, I like to say Pcast too (at least when texting)

• Like 7

Damn this episode was already great then Joey Tortellini said he was from Sudan and I lost it. the best of voting is going to be waaaay too hard this year.

• Like 3

Looking at Scott's whiteboard we missed rousing games of Fortunately/Unfortunately, What Am I Thinking? and a Freestyle Rap Battle

The out-of-nowhere 'National Treasure' bit was the hardest I've laughed at something in a few weeks, and I've laughed at some pretty funny things these past few weeks #humblebrag

• Like 2

Middleditch fits so perfectly into the CBB improv style I'm actually kind of upset about the 341 episodes he didn't have the opportunity to be on. Here's hoping he becomes a regular.

• Like 7

Holy shit, lead guy from Silicon Valley with the best first-time appearance ... ever? The way his character's backstory developed over time reminded me of some of the best Andy Daly appearances. This was the hardest I've laughed during CBB in a while.

• Like 7

Also, I'll try to say this in a way that doesn't make anyone too mad - I enjoyed a return to ad breaks that weren't 4-5 minutes long.

Same here. I thought the Hollywood Handbook guys were hilarious, but I'd rather listen to them as proper guests, not (very funny) pitch-men.

• Like 1

That was really lame of Thomas Middleditch to basically lie to the audience and pretend to be someone else. This shows credibility just went down the drain.

Unsubscribed.

• Like 3

Tsk tsk tsk. How could this not be titled, "Old Man Pooooobies"!?!

Dropped. The. Ball. Scottie (too Hottie) Saucerman

I think you'll have to take that up with July...

(the person, not the month)

How am I the first person to point out "Horse penis got biggies", I was hysterical on my drive to work this morning

THAT was the clear correct choice for the title of this Pcast, and side note Thomas, I like to say Pcast too (at least when texting)

Agreed. I'm laughing out loud* alone right now just from reading your post.

*I refuse to say LOL** because I'm a grownup

**oops

• Like 1