🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 77 — The ScuzzMan, Dom's Close Friend

With Hayes gone, Sean brings in his assistant Dom to fill the void and showers him with apologies in exchange for the exciting golden-haired guest he booked. Then, Dom's friend The ScuzzMan joins them to discuss Volleyball: A Real Underdog Story. Finally, the Popcorn Gallery is back to ask some Goldie Hawn-themed questions.

• Like 13

Wait, Hayes is gone?! WTFuck is happening here? I haven't listened yet but I reserve the right to be outraged in an uninformed manner.

• Like 1

I too have not yet listened, but I am personally offended!

edit- Changed my mind! I love the Scuzzman now!

When are we gonna get the Volleyball Handbook podcast we all really want!!?

• Like 2

Long time listener, first time questioner.

This show has educated me about the relationship of comedy and surprise. Comedy, as we all have learned, is surprise. Yet, I struggle with something. Surprise can be scary. So is comedy really about being brave of the scary?

• Like 3

Should have gotten the dress to guest host.

Hayes was/is in South Africa. Listen to Agata's podcast.

His "normal guy" character took me a little bit to get used to. After a while, I realized that he was doing a funny satire that was also nice and cool.

• Like 3

the table is CLEAR so it's CONFIRMED that it's HAYES who likes the LONG PURPLE CARDS. DOMINIC instead has brought a NOTEBOOK in an attempt to KEEP UP WITH SEAN.

I'm 5 minutes into the epi and I'm liking it so far. I'll report back after a few listens what I think.

e: I'm really enjoying the clarity Sean maintains in this anecdote about slapping Dominic at Christmas.

e2: i also really dug the furious "what up what up"

• Like 8

Less of a review more of another observation: when the cat's away the mice will play.

• Like 3

I know Hayes said he was going to South Africa but I fear his involvement in Going Clear has caused Scientology to throw him into The Hole but they realised he's waaaaay cooler than L Ron and stronger than Miscavige so now he's the boss.

Also, I'm going to start saying "Love 15" now when someone says something "points" worthy. And then they'll say "What does that mean?" and I'll say 'You know like Tennis Points" and they'll say "Ah clever. Points" and we'll both chuckle.

• Like 6

Although I find this "Scuzzman" very endearing, I do NOT like the way they made Sean feel. After everything Sean has done for Dom this is how he's treated? This is another example of why syrup is so bad and noone should even be taking it because of that!

• Like 2

I'm going to do the challenge to see if I can co-host next time Hayes is away(s).

Welcome to Hollwould Handbook, an inside man's, no wholes barred sneak peak into picking fights and dropping mics near the rose tinted spectacles of the stars and starlets in this industry we call show show show show biz.

I've listened to every episode and I still think I made one or two mistakes. How does Hayes do it!?

• Like 4

Hayes is on a secret mission to district 9 to find and rescue Chappie. Also, he was invited by Desmond Tutu and Morgan Freeman to give a seminar on how a rugby team can defeat racism.

• Like 8

Thanks to Sean for asking my question, but I don't like the ScuzzMan even though he said he'd want to hang with me. I think he's junk.

• Like 3

Hayes is in Die Antwoord, you guys didn't know that!? He's the one who swings his dick around in the music videos.

• Like 7

Thanks to Sean for asking my question, but I don't like the ScuzzMan even though he said he'd want to hang with me. I think he's junk.

I don't think he's junk and i can't figure out why! He has me under the same spell that caused Engineer Brett to revolt like he did

• Like 1

Dom's version of the Popcorn Gallery theme song sounded almost exactly like the old theme song to America's Funniest Home Videos, which, honestly, is appropriate.

• Like 2

This may be the best ep so far. So many good lines!

And Dom is such a cool guy now! Beatboxing and making Frankingsteins and wearing his hat backwards.....What?!

IMG_1102.jpg

• Like 13

Just the joy which Sean lept on the chance to say that a Frankingstein was too scary. Boy I hope Hayes doesn't hear this epi!

• Like 3

Kinda a Hayes-head so it's unfortunate this would be my first ep on the forums, but this ScuzzMan has some beguilingly genial quality to him I gotta admit, even when he's taking a confrontational tone. While it's not really Hollywood Handman without Hayes, I enjoyed this.

Fingers crossed Hayes and Lance Bass come back to Earth safely.

• Like 7