🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
agata

Episode 201 — Dog Rescue

Tig, Kyle, and David talk about Tig's birthday and her gig hosting the GLAAD Awards. Then, Rebecca Corry from One Big Happy joins the gang in the hatch to talk about the new show, working with Ellen, being petite, and her foundation Stand Up for Pits, dedicated to helping and protecting pit bulls.

Tig: Where are you from, originally?

Rebecca: Seattle. And then I lived in Chicago.

Tig: That explains this look.

[looks at the episode photos]

Fair play to Tig.

• Like 3

Very weird episode. Kyle called it exactly how it was.

Hope Stephanie isn't jealous

For me it went from weird to really unconformable.

Weirdest episode (of this show) ever. I bet Stephanie wasn't jealous, but I got such a flirty vibe from Tig in this episode. I hope Kyle and David enjoyed it. When they don't talk, I just picture them moping. It was still damn fun.

Holy shit, Tig in full-on zero-fucks-given mode is the funniest thing ever. I didn't get an awkward vibe at all because they were acknowledging it and playing it up for laughs, and David and Kyle seemed to be enjoying it.

• Like 3

Tig's third tier friends have it tough.

I didn't pick up an arkward vibe either, it just sounded like their real life dynamic coming through and Rebecca seemed like a good sport.

It was very interesting and confronting to hear the two minutes spent on dogfighting as well.

• Like 1

Holy shit, Tig in full-on zero-fucks-given mode is the funniest thing ever. I didn't get an awkward vibe at all because they were acknowledging it and playing it up for laughs, and David and Kyle seemed to be enjoying it.

Tig was pretty hilarious (other than the midget thing, that felt like it got kind of bad) but I thought the awkward part was when Kyle started in on the 'flirting' too.

It just came off as blatantly obvious flirting and then when Kyle called it out it became even more awkward. Maybe I was misreading it, but it seemed a little odd.

But I must say, I didn't get my Kyle fix from that ep. Need more Kyle! Bring back Punky!!!

• Like 1

I have several friends that are lesbians and have seen this kind of interaction without recognizing it as a standard alpha-fem way to flirt with women. The preemptive 'people think this is flirting, but it's not..' is a classic move.

Were Kyle and D doing their taxes this episode? Or were they just sitting mouths agape?

Fun to be a fly on the wall this eppy.

• Like 1

You guys didn't think the whole 'midget' talk was awkward?

It's kind of disheartening when someone who hosted the GLAAD awards (and made clear points about discrimination against bisexuals), and people who are friends with that person, seemed to be either pretty unaware regarding consideration of "little people"...or just dismissive of that in order to make really hacky jokes.

You guys didn't think the whole 'midget' talk was awkward?

Yep. Rebecca Corry was on an episode of Never Not Funny a couple of years ago, when it was still behind their paywall, and she told the exact same story about the little person standing next to her, etc. She then went on an about a 5-minute 'anti-midget' rant, which was extremely uncomfortable to listen to. It was supposed to be funny, but it just sounded really, really mean. It's one of the few times I've seen regular NNF listeners turn against a guest. Jimmy Pardo even referenced it the next episode, taking the defensive position.

I thought she was terrible then, and I think she is awful now.

Yep. She was on an episode of Never Not Funny a couple of years ago, when it was still behind their paywall, and she told the exact same story about the little person standing next to her, etc. She then went on an about a 5-minute 'anti-midget' rant, which was extremely uncomfortable to listen to. It was supposed to be funny, but it just sounded really, really mean. It's one of the few times I've seen regular NNF listeners turn against a guest. Jimmy Pardo even referenced it the next episode, taking the defensive position.

I thought she was terrible then, and I think she is awful now.

I don't think I'm willing to go that far, but I will say Tig can be a bit of a bully at times and sometimes quite cruel.

I've come to the conclusion that some folks in the Earwolf community are some of the most sensitive comedy fans in the world. You all are the "comedian in the internet age" folks that people like Patton Oswalt talks about.

• Like 1

I've come to the conclusion that some folks in the Earwolf community are some of the most sensitive comedy fans in the world. You all are the "comedian in the internet age" folks that people like Patton Oswalt talks about.

So we get labled and can never comment on anything unless it is nothing but us saying how wonderful and perfect everything is? None of us (to my knowledge) are out posting on Twitter or anything, our feelings about what went on. We're just here talking about our views of the discussion (which, by the way they even touched on with the 'we should probably not be saying this'). I am one of the biggest rah-rah people that listens to Earwolf, but I'm still allowed to voice my critism when I find something that bothers me. No one is calling for anyone to be in trouble, no one is calling for anyone to be written a letter or boycotted or in any way taken down. We're just saying how we felt about this one. After hundreds of episodes, I think we're allowed to express displeasure sometimes.

I don't think I'm willing to go that far, but I will say Tig can be a bit of a bully at times and sometimes quite cruel.

Ah, sorry, I wasn't being very clear in my original post - I wasn't talking about Tig, that was about Rebecca Corry.

Tig is a delight (although a bit strange, in this episode).

Ah, sorry, I wasn't being very clear in my original post - I wasn't talking about Tig, that was about Rebecca Corry.

Tig is a delight (although a bit strange, in this episode).

Er....me too! I meant, Rebecca can be. (sigh)

I thought Tig was hilarious and I didn't get an ACTUAL mean vibe from her at all - her and Rebecca are clearly (third-tier) friends.

• Like 1

So we get labled and can never comment on anything unless it is nothing but us saying how wonderful and perfect everything is? None of us (to my knowledge) are out posting on Twitter or anything, our feelings about what went on. We're just here talking about our views of the discussion (which, by the way they even touched on with the 'we should probably not be saying this'). I am one of the biggest rah-rah people that listens to Earwolf, but I'm still allowed to voice my critism when I find something that bothers me. No one is calling for anyone to be in trouble, no one is calling for anyone to be written a letter or boycotted or in any way taken down. We're just saying how we felt about this one. After hundreds of episodes, I think we're allowed to express displeasure sometimes.

You and everyone else absolutely have that right. In fact, no one said you didn't, but I find a lot of people on Earwolf to hold some bizarre double standard in comedy. I'm thinking about Horatio's recent appearances on i4h and CBB!, the mini anger at i4h about talking about what's racist, and basically David in the Live Portland episode of PB. I just don't understand how midget jokes are somehow much more offensive than say... raping children bits on other podcasts. I just find it ridiculously petty.

You and everyone else absolutely have that right. In fact, no one said you didn't, but I find a lot of people on Earwolf to hold some bizarre double standard in comedy. I'm thinking about Horatio's recent appearances on i4h and CBB!, the mini anger at i4h about talking about what's racist, and basically David in the Live Portland episode of PB. I just don't understand how midget jokes are somehow much more offensive than say... raping children bits on other podcasts. I just find it ridiculously petty.

I think there are times it is petty, but I think this is apples and oranges. Clearing the CBB one wasn't a geinue discussion. No one was talking about actually going and doing that. On this one Tig seemed to legitimately believe Rebecca was one and then was surprised to learn you aren't supposed to use that word. But I see your point.

Sign in to follow this