🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 1 - A Denny's Parking Lot

Loved it. Pretty much "what if PFT hosted Improv4Humans," the answer to which turns out to involve a little monologuing, a friendly chat, a continuous narrative rather than a bunch of disconnected scenes, and clean sound effects for transitions. And guests not limited to the UCB stable, thereby not beholden to "game of the scene" improv style. And I personally find Matt Besser annoying as a host so there's that too. What I'm saying is this show will be great, I'm looking forward to enjoying it every week.

None of the above. I set up tablets that all the improvisers can reach, with three big buttons on them.

Looking forward to the inevitable episode where a guest can't hit the right button to save their life.

• Like 10

I don't always mix my love of comedy and work against east african tyrants, but when I do it is always with Paul F Thompkins and friends. Also, Matt Gourley's 'small voice' might be one of the most joyous sounds in the known universe. 5 stars.

• Like 3

Loved this podcast!

Brett wrote: "None of the above. I set up tablets that all the improvisers can reach, with three big buttons on them. So any of the improvisers can trigger the sound effects at any time."

I can well imagine someone accidentally swapping over to Mad Decent and hitting that party horn.... let's be careful, people! ;-D

• Like 3

In honor of the first episode of @SPONTANEANATION , I dedicate this video to @PFTompkins, music by @BloeJankenship

That was awesome. I love all the PFT references.

Awesome show. I'm not usually big on long-form improv unless it's rooted in the "reality" of CBB, but PFT has that Midas touch for me, and between him and the Superego it's growing on me.

"I'd like to discuss a business term."

"Like... macroeconomics?"

• Like 2

In honor of the first episode of @SPONTANEANATION , I dedicate this video to @PFTompkins, music by @BloeJankenship

WOW!

None of the above. I set up tablets that all the improvisers can reach, with three big buttons on them. So any of the improvisers can trigger the sound effects at any time. We set it up so the whole thing is live-to-tape. I'll fix some levels in post but it's pretty minimal.

Careful Brett. Don't give those tablets too much power. I don't want to hear Engineer Siri getting belittled by Sean and Hayes, or Two Charted with Kulap, Howard and Siri.

• Like 1

Not usually a fan of the term "spiritual successor" but the shoe does fit...

• Like 1

This was great! I had high hopes for the new Paulf podcast, but this exceeded them all. The opening monologue and the dulcet tones from Eban Schletter reminded me of the other Paul F. podcast where he rambles and Eban does the music (I can't believe I haven't listened to all of them yet), but the interview and improv portions of the show brought new winds to the "old format". I really loved how the improv was just a one big scene and that it revolved around the things spoken before on the p-cast. Great guests, great music and great big laughs. C+.

PS. Angie's angry voice really reminded me of a certain cake maker from New Jersey..

• Like 1

Since no one else is doing it, I will rise to the call of action from PFT himself!

Idi Amin Dada was a president of Uganda. He was exiled. He did die (probably to hell). He performed atrocities throughout his eight year reign, killing many people and dumping their bodies into the Nile. He was played by Forrest Whitaker in "Last King of Scotland". As far as I could tell, he did not direct an Eagles documentary.

Sam's West, Inc. (doing business as Sam's Club) is an American chain of membership-only retail warehouse clubs owned and operated by Walmart, founded in 1983 and named after Walmart founder Sam Walton

Ajo Al's means "Garlic Al's"

• Like 10

Second time hearing this and I'm still laughing out loud. My office workers are looking at me with disgust as I should be working on accounting stuff. Since we're all replying on the Spontaneanation board, we should be called....

*timpanies*

SPONTIFCATORS!

*horns* Ta-da!

Brilliant episode.

• Like 2

Sponchos?

There were so many parts that made me laugh really hard, I don't even know what to reference. Rumpledumpskin, performing atrocities, making out with waffle faces, the ad with two people trapped under rubble... There are so many more that I'll have to listen to it again tonight just to remember all of the things that made me laugh.

Also, brilliant idea by Engineer Brett to give everyone the ability to make those transition sounds.

• Like 3

I am just bumping this because of my love for PFT and this video.

EXCELLENT WORK on the Richard Harrow reference.

Thanks so much! I actually made that mask for Halloween 3 years ago before I knew who Paul was. I dug it out for this very special occasion. :D

• Like 2

I actually made that mask for Halloween 3 years ago before I knew who Paul was.

You just randomly had that lying around beforehand? That's as nuts as a pile of nuts!

Super video.

You just randomly had that lying around beforehand? That's as nuts as a pile of nuts!

Super video.

Thanks! I had the mask, a cape, a top hat, a phantom pin, shark shirt and shark jaws...

I did not have a king hat, a halo, angel wings, chef wear, a monster hand, "penut brittle", a hat like a shark fin or a hot dog... but I do now!

My friend also loaned me her smashed penny collection (more than 12?!) and I just realized I did not thank her in the credits!!!

• Like 1

Okay, three things.

First, the show is fantastic. I loved every second of it.

Second, three cheers to Brett for clearing up the mystery of the effects transition. I would have been wondering about that for the next seventy-five episodes.

Third, and this is a big one - I can't even describe how wonderful it is to have our resident mmmuuusical genious and theremin virtuoso back on Earwolf. I've been an Eban Schletter fan since the Mr. Show days. I've had my fingers crossed for a return of the Musicorium podcast for a while now, and this is the next best thing. Super, super good to hear his music again, especially in this venue.

Mr. F Tompkins, I salute you AND your underwear. I will be seein' you same bat-time, same bat-channel for as long as you choose to continue this endeavour.

This. Was. EVEN BETTER. than I thought it was going to be :D

Everything! The sad story about the bad Mexican restaurant and the Kraft Singles Nachos. The Chance/Chaunce, who was lost in the kitchen. Mr Denny, who was the return of PFT's new Santa voice (I can't hear that voice and not hear him and Scott arguing, "Oh I'll fight you bitch", lol), the penny story, the Rumple Dumpleskin, the twist ending for the Ajo 'als, the Mansion Dumpster... I was cracking up!

Amazing first ep! Amazing group of guests - I love everyone here! The improvisers were amazing especially; love Janet Varney, love Matt Gourley (beautiful last line he got in that skit!), love Craig Cackowski. Amazing production values with Eben on the Piano and the sound FX. EVERYTHING. Beautiful! Hilarious!

You are amazing PFT and Earwolf

Oh my god, this is so great. We get a little Pod F. Tompkast freestyle ramble, a great conversation with a PFT friend, and some amazing improv! And all with Eban Schletter's lovely tunes in the background. As if having Paul guest on so many podcasts wasn't good enough already. Now he's got a weekly! All is right in the world!

Since no one else is doing it, I will rise to the call of action from PFT himself!

Idi Amin Dada was a president of Uganda. He was exiled. He did die (probably to hell). He performed atrocities throughout his eight year reign, killing many people and dumping their bodies into the Nile. He was played by Forrest Whitaker in "Last King of Scotland". As far as I could tell, he did not direct an Eagles documentary.

Sam's West, Inc. (doing business as Sam's Club) is an American chain of membership-only retail warehouse clubs owned and operated by Walmart, founded in 1983 and named after Walmart founder Sam Walton

Ajo Al's means "Garlic Al's"

*Ahem* I do believe Mr. Tompkins said "we'll never know."

Also, I think the fanonym needs to be "Spon-sors."