🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 2 - A Mechanic's Garage

Shit. Michael McMillian is hilarious. I only know him from True Blood unfortunately. Any other spots anyone know of where I can check him out showing off his comedic chops?

• Like 2

I like PFT's way of gently, comedically, improvisationally steering the scenes when somebody else might have not picked up on where they were heading, e.g. "I don't know how much longer you're going to be helping her, but I've got to sell my car pretty quickly so that I can pay for my baby's delivery."

I like PFT's way of gently, comedically, improvisationally steering the scenes when somebody else might have not picked up on where they were heading, e.g. "I don't know how much longer you're going to be helping her, but I've got to sell my car pretty quickly so that I can pay for my baby's delivery."

sometimes though I think Paul's stand up side fights his improv side and he can be a little scene hoggy, like there was a moment where I believe it was his announcer character asked his police officer character a question and I was like "come on Paul, there's 4 people in this thing, I agree your Irish child cop is very funny but you can't do that". That being said, he's hilarious, It could be a lot worse, and it is his show so, minor issue.

Shit. Michael McMillian is hilarious. I only know him from True Blood unfortunately. Any other spots anyone know of where I can check him out showing off his comedic chops?

I only know him as Henry from Amanda Bines' WB sitcom "What I Like About You"

it's one of my favesies, but probably not a good comedy rec unless you like laugh tracks and Jennie Garth :wacko:

• Like 2

"I'm blind and using a stiiiiiick" got me real bad.

...now THAT'S dance!

• Like 5

On the Michael McMillian tip, his episode of The X-Files Files podcast is pretty fantastic. He is outstanding on it.

Of course, it helps if you are also a fan of The X-Files.... but if you're not, you're probably a garbage person anyway so WHO CARES?!?!

Kumail Nanjiani is love....

http://www.feralaudi...hael-mcmillian/

• Like 2

MICHAEL: I'm a comic book fan, obviously. This is how I know about Batman; The Batman, as he's known by true fans.

PAUL: That's right— and the criminal underworld— Let's face it; a cowardly, superstitious lot.

MICHAEL: 'Is he a man in a costume, or is he a giant bat? We're not sure.'

PAUL: Are criminals in the Batman universe like, 'No, I think he's an ACTUAL bat'?

MICHAEL: Uhh, low-level thugs do, yes. Early on, they think he could actually be a giant bat monster.

PAUL: (guffawing) So they think this giant bat cares about crime?!

Man-Bat_(Batman-The_Animated_Series).jpg

"Hey! I do care about crime, you guys!" —Man-Bat

• Like 7

Highlight: Paul rambling/discussing about The Batman. Aka the batting gentleman.

Lowlight: No dictator of the week discussion.

This is setting up to be a lovechild of the Thompkast & Superego. I want to marry that lovechild.

3.5 Stars.

• Like 3

I have never been more thrilled listening to a dance competition!

OMG! The improv was insane. Did anyone get a count on how many characters appeared in this ep?

When even Shulie Cowen lost track of who was still living, towards the end of the scene, I lost it.

The plot was barely hanging on by a thread, but gosh darn, if I didn't love every minute of it. Mark McConville's announcer voice is on point.

I think I love this new show.

• Like 1

Highlight: Paul rambling/discussing about The Batman. Aka the batting gentleman.

Lowlight: No dictator of the week discussion.

This is setting up to be a lovechild of the Thompkast & Superego. I want to marry that lovechild.

3.5 Stars.

yesss

"i'm a woman"

kills me everytime

• Like 2

Matt Gourley's baby voice, tiny voice, woman voice, whatever it is that he does is cripplingly hilarious.

• Like 2

Matt Gourley's baby voice, tiny voice, woman voice, whatever it is that he does is cripplingly hilarious.

I agree with this statement. Matt was great in the first episode.

However I'd also like to mention that Mark McConville was incredible in THIS episode.

Don't worry, I get most white dudes confused for each other too. They all sound the same to me. (especially the Superego crew)

Sign in to follow this