🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 343 — Athlete's Head

Less than 8 minutes in, and I was already PFT off mic guffawing thanks to "big dumpy broad" and Marty Jannetty.

I feel like this episode was pure kismet. I live on the other side of the world, so I get my podcasts in the afternoon. My wife was craving burgers on Monday, so we met up for lunch to have burgers, and I spent a 1/3 of the time doing really bad Victor and Tiny impersonations. And then, I returned to my computer to find this bad boy waiting for me.

Maybe this will be the episode where the masses finally correct their mistakes and show Gino some love and put Victor and Tiny in a Top 3 end of year slot where they belong.

• Like 2

even just thinking about this moment causes me to lol. one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

Everytime I hear the phrase "I can't believe it", it gets replayed in my mind in Victor's voice.

And I often mutter "I can't beleeb eet" to myself in situations that would call for that phrase, knowing that no one will understand why I'm saying it like that but not being able to stop myself from making the reference...

• Like 6

Great ep. But how is it that they played more uninterrupted music by Rush than by the muuuusical guest herself? I did check out a couple tracks from Alcia Witt's album. Good stuff. Definitely can hear the Ben Folds influence.

By the way, has Ben Folds ever been a guest on CBB? Seems to me that he'd be a good fit, and it sounds like Scott's a fan. After all, he quite impressively got the names of all of the members of Ben Folds Five correct... something he still hasn't been able to do with U2! (Bonobos indeed!)

Man, what a treat. This episode turned my day right around. We are living in a golden age of comedy, folks, and when you can have Scott and Gabrus and Small all in the same room putting out two hours of joy like it ain't even a thang, it's something special. Also, props to Alicia Witt for a charming first-time appearance.

• Like 2

PS - Alicia Witt was fucking awesome. Talk about being a good sport and being game for anything. Looking forward to hearing her sooner than later.

• Like 2

Can we pretty please have a one-off hosted by Victor wherein he discusses Dune with his guests?

Please?

Hearing him quote that film is a highlight of my year.

• Like 2

Can we pretty please have a one-off hosted by Victor wherein he discusses Dune with his guests?

Please?

Hearing him quote that film is a highlight of my year.

Maybe that could be the subject of his "With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus" episode. *fingers crossed*

• Like 2

Maybe that could be the subject of his "With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus" episode. *fingers crossed*

If this happens, I can promise a balkan-style cover of the main theme (of Dune), heavy on the accordion. Of course, only after the episode drops, so it'll be useless.

Victor Diamond was featured in this week's Comedy Bang Bang TV show, for those of you who are into that thing.

Which, is anybody? Nobody really talks about the TV show on here. Is there another forum that I'm not cool enough to know about?

Victor Diamond was featured in this week's Comedy Bang Bang TV show, for those of you who are into that thing.

Which, is anybody? Nobody really talks about the TV show on here. Is there another forum that I'm not cool enough to know about?

I'm a fan of the television show. It's quality content. The other forum you're looking for is Twitter, I think. I recall some folks on here saying they simply tweet about the show, rather than discuss it on a forum.

• Like 1

Yeah, I always make it a point to watch the show live, partially because the show account and (usually) Scott are active during it. Just search #cbbtv.

• Like 1

I've been relistening to all of Victor and Tiny's appearances on CBB. This was a great episode, but I was really impressed at how well Alicia held her own against Gino in the first half of the episode. The whole pool pun section was superb.

Next one up has Natasha Leggero. Hoo boy...