🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 343 — Athlete's Head

A real triple threat -- actress, singer-songwriter, and pianist Alicia Witt gets the first timer treatment as Intern Gino returns to co-host on today’s Comedy Bing Bong! We hear about Alicia’s time as a teenager on the TV show Cybill, the album cover break down of her new record Revisionary History, and how she collaborated with Ben Folds on the record. Then, Victor and Tiny are back to tell us all about their new change of household as well as Victor’s dating life.

There's my dubs<3 #ThanksNickles

Also holy hell Victor and Tiny AND GINO. What a powerful start to the month that has brought us a new PFT podcast on Earwolf proper and the prophesied WOMP IT UP! due in just a few weeks.

I am out of breath with elation, gasping between kisses with Lady Luck. Cherish these days, Bangers.

• Like 3

Victor, Tiny, AND Gino!?!?!?!?! 2 good 2 be tru

• Like 1

Victor, Tiny, and Gino?! Yes! And Alicia Witt?! Come on! I remember crushing on her in Mr. Holland's Opus. I probably hold her and Lauren Ambrose responsible for my redheaded love and heartbreak during my first half of high school.

• Like 5

Victor, Tiny, and Gino?! Yes! And Alicia Witt?! Come on! I remember crushing on her in Mr. Holland's Opus. I probably hold her and Lauren Ambrose responsible for my redheaded love and heartbreak during my first half of high school.

She was also great/bad in the amazing(ly bad) 88 Minutes which was reviewed by How Did This Get Made

• Like 4

Too much reverb on The Downeaster Alexa.

Shout out to Staind Glass! 'sbeenawhhhhile.

• Like 15

I love Jon Gabrus so fucking much

• Like 5

I am going to start calling people "big dumpy broad." That is the best.

Also, I am so jealous. I always wanted to go to Marty Jannetty's house.

ulAKe8z.jpg

• Like 7

I like this episode a lot and I fully expect the usual avalanche of shit whenever anyone expresses a mildly critical opinion, but Alicia Witt's accent is really off putting. I've really loved her work on Justified and Friday Night Lights, but that phony Hollywood diction is sort of the worst. Is it worse than Natasha Lyonne's New Yawwwwwwwk accent? YYYYIIIIIIIT'S close.

Scott missed an 'it's been awhile'

I like this episode a lot and I fully expect the usual avalanche of shit whenever anyone expresses a mildly critical opinion, but Alicia Witt's accent is really off putting. I've really loved her work on Justified and Friday Night Lights, but that phony Hollywood diction is sort of the worst. Is it worse than Natasha Lyonne's New Yawwwwwwwk accent? YYYYIIIIIIIT'S close.

Just sounds like a normal American accent to me, I like her voice in general haha

• Like 4

well, if that was a "mildly critical opinion" that'd be one thing but all you're expressing is a pointless personal insult of a guest. That's like saying "I love Paul F Tompkins but that gap in his teeth is really ugly, but is it as bad as that HUUUUUUGE gap in Paul Sheer??"

you're being an asshole and trying to hide behind "that's just my opinion man" bullshit, so yeah, I hope you get an avalanche of shit.

• Like 18

you get off-put too easily.

• Like 7

well, if that was a "mildly critical opinion" that'd be one thing but all you're expressing is a pointless personal insult of a guest. That's like saying "I love Paul F Tompkins but that gap in his teeth is really ugly, but is it as bad as that HUUUUUUGE gap in Paul Sheer??"

you're being an asshole and trying to hide behind "that's just my opinion man" bullshit, so yeauh, I hope you get an avalanche of shit.

not only did he insult this week's guest but he insulted tash.o as well! anyways i had no issue with anyone's voice. But if i may be critical of one thing it's that Scott didn't bring up Alicia's work on Law and Order: Criminal Intent! dun dun!

this episode was 2 hours and like many others just year it flew by. Good stuff all around and Scott's ad game was top notch (son and dad HAHAHAHA)

• Like 2

Stone Classic Ep. I don't know how Brendon Small is so good every time, but he is hall of famer up there with with both Dalys, PFT, James Adomian, Lauren Lapkus and Jessica St. Clair. He can roll with anyone on anything. Alicia played in perfectly. I didn't get John Gabrus when I first heard him a while back but man I was wrong he rocks. Scott's ads could be their own thing. I could dig a podcast of his ad spots. Too much good here but this one really got me:

Gino: Yeah so my mom is Gina Lombardo-Lombordo...

Scott: Fantastic.

• Like 6

i love victor and tiny so much that i want a spin-off podcast from them on the network. this is a great idea for a high quality audio show and nothing in their recording history suggests otherwise.

• Like 6

I'm hoping for more Victor and Tiny in the future. Chances point to very possible according to this little Twitter exchange.

JKc7QQY.png

• Like 19

Scott missed an 'it's been awhile'

he missed quote a few... maybe he's letting it go :/

Her name is Tash.2. Show some goddamn respect.

:'( i beg forgiveness!

• Like 2

Gino's backstory went off the rails this episode.

Scott, how did you even find these interns of yours?