🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 343 — Athlete's Head

even more than that, they're specifically Long Island references which is a whole other animal

Very true. When I googled Lazybones, its location was totally at the eastern-most tip of Long Island in Montauk. SO SPECIFIC.

• Like 1

Not enough talk about the films Urban Legend and Cecil B. Demented for my liking (these are the only movies I know Ms. Witt from). But, y'know, she was great, Tiny, Victor, and Gino were great. Loved Victor and Tiny constantly saying how their stories would be a lot shorter without all the tangents.

• Like 1

Victor and Tiny need to go on Hollywood Handbook for some advice about making it in showbiz.

• Like 5

I got the impression that Scott's trying to move away from the "It's been a while!" at least a bit. I hope so, anyway, because if he missed two in this episode, that's just irresponsible.

• Like 2

Jon Gabrus is so Goddamn quick, and everything he says is hilarious. His Improv4Humans appearances are some of the best of that show. This was a great episode even before V & T showed up.

• Like 4

I'm sure I've really liked every Victor & Tiny appearance, but this felt like a standout performance to me.

Brendon Small is such a talented guy it's great to hear him become a more regular guest.

• Like 5

I loved hearing Scott's attempt to fluster Victor with questions about Dune get shut down immediately.

"How long would this story be if we stopped interrupting?"

"... thirteen minutes."

• Like 7

"it's hard to not scratch it, cause IT FEELS REALLY GOOD WHEN YOU DO!"

I love how he slows down to say certain things for emphasis. so expert

• Like 4

Whoa whoa whoa. New York is not part of New England. I feel like people from both areas would be offended by that.

I'm offended that you think I might get offended!

ScAuk @ 50:43: "uh, one would have to assume that things are everywhere."

OMFG dude!! You are basically out of your mind with that shit!!

followed by, "are you ever going to pour the waters by the way?"

Y'know, clearly I'm in a minority, but I'm getting kind of tired of Victor and Tiny. Has always felt like kind of a one-note joke, always completely takes over anything else that was happening on an episode, and they're on the show on SO MUCH. Between Victor and Tiny and the also-kind-of-overwhelming Gino, I felt like the actual guest was pretty much drowned out of the show for the second half.

I like this episode a lot and I fully expect the usual avalanche of shit whenever anyone expresses a mildly critical opinion, but Alicia Witt's accent is really off putting. I've really loved her work on Justified and Friday Night Lights, but that phony Hollywood diction is sort of the worst. Is it worse than Natasha Lyonne's New Yawwwwwwwk accent? YYYYIIIIIIIT'S close.

I don't know about you guys, but don't you wish that CBB never had musical guests? They're not funny, they talk weird, something about "mum" or a non-existent accent or something...

Us nobodies on the forums, we're the ones who know the way a podcast should be run.

EDIT: I'm a good speller now.

I added that he is the writer and director of the film..Boirdman. That made me laugh so hard.

• Like 3

Just sounds like a normal American accent to me, I like her voice in general haha

Oh no wait now I hear what you're talking about, during the plugs she sounds like Greg Proops with a pussy. I still love her voice though

I love Jon Gabrus so fucking much

I love Brendon Small as well based on what he does here, but I haven't heard any other comedy stuff he does. Gabrus is always great on I4H

• Like 1

Oh no wait now I hear what you're talking about, during the plugs she sounds like Greg Proops with a pussy. I still love her voice though

I feel like during the second hour she could have laid off the Gilbert Gottfried impression though.

Alicia Witt was such a delight. I just want to say that because of how easy it is to get that overshadowed by Gino, Victor, and Tiny. She was charming and engaging and funny and so happy to play along. I always get a bit nervous when I see first-timers on the line-up and she acquitted herself very well.

• Like 1

That was pretty awwwwww, ....some?! and then we got a little more than some. One quick note: Imagine John Carter, but instead as John Farter.

Whenever Brendan Small shows up as Victor and Tiny, I just get endless joy imagining the other people on the podcast/in studio watching him play two characters at once. That mental image alone makes everything twice as funny to me. I love it.

• Like 8

This episode was just pure fun start to finish. I laughed a lot. Out loud. In public.

I love that Small's not only become much more of a regular, but becomes one of the performers Scott actively tries to throw off balance in his improv.

• Like 4

I love that someone on here complained about a guest's accent, and the accused guest is not Gino, Tiny or Victor. That's some Andy Kaufman/Tim & Eric level shit right there.

• Like 17

even though this is brought up every episode in which they make an appearance, it still doesn't get said enough.

I've yet to hear anyone else do two concurrent characters where I completely and unintentionally suspend all disbelief that they're coming out of the same person's face. even the greats (PFT, Daly, Adomian, Lapkus, etc.), despite their skilled voice-work, can't quite pull that off without some slight overlap.

I was wanting to make basically the same point.

What got me the most was the foist time Brendon slipped up a little and Tiny started to respond for Victor and he caught himself, and passed it back over to Victor. I lost it.

Jon/Gino nailed it again this ep. He's so damn quick, and you can tell Scott loves to play the aggravated host to his inept intern.

Alicia Witt was delightful and played along wonderfully without trying to be funnier that the professional comedians. I also really enjoyed her in Justified, and thought she nailed her character's southern accent.

For me this is the best ep of the year so far!

I hope to heck that Tiny and Victor get to make some guest appearances on some of the newer Earwolf shows.

• Like 6

I think PFT is just as good if not better at inhabiting multiple characters without it being obvious. On the episode with the Origin Story donation, he was killing at that

• Like 1