🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 78 — Listeners Again, Our Close Friends

Hayes and Sean are back with another totally planned, not spontaneous call-in episode. Listeners call in to talk about Lance Bass going to the moon, Air Bud, boats, Guardians of the Galaxy, San Francisco, and brotherly love and then the boys close out the show with a chat with a new mystery female fan.

• Like 13

Hayes, looking good in those glasses bro!

Paz.

• Like 8

Andrew, you don't have a bookshelf? You can rig one together with some planks and bricks.

• Like 5

To quote brgrho, "Hol' up. Pause." Andrew is real? Seriously though, everyone was great this episode. I couldn't shake this feeling that BoScout would call in and do his thing but it never happened. It's probably for the best. I don't think I'm prepared mentally to have my worldview shattered just yet.

• Like 6

Upset at the boys for referring to Chanson's dad as "Chanson's dad" rather than Chandad. I guess that level of inability to see the component parts of a person's name and make a joke about it is why they keep coming back to the forums for PCG questions week after week.

• Like 10

Enginier cody as always is a welcome addition to the team. I'm sure that Andy is just killing it screening calls but we can't hear him doing it, apart from that bit early on when he's yelling too loud.

• Like 3

It was really enjoyable when the boys locked into a forums critique on the Chandler Bing dot Com call, some devastating owns on posting style, followed up by some good advice to lady sollioquey.

It was an enjoyable epi though patchy (predictable because of the format) but mostly I dread these epis as a bad omen for the health of the show.

• Like 6

Fuck I'm so mad I didn't look at the forum and didn't know this was happening. Dammit.

me exactly

• Like 3

Hayes looking all aerospace engineer chic. Sean looking just normal but still great chic. Less engineery though.

• Like 3

PS - Shoutout to my homie, Yuri Gagarin who once said to me: "is time to go to space now?" Don't know what the hell he was trying to say. Perhaps we'll never know. He was such a ham, Yuri.

• Like 4

Hey this is my first post to the forum I was hoping to slide in as a token australian and impress you all with amazing australian lingo but I saw someone else on the last week's episode post a shot of a train from my city in Australia. Now my plan is to impress you all with my knowledge of the octopus. Did you know that there are three plural of octopus, octopuses,octopi and octopodes.

PS the episode was funny and smart but when they brought up groot dying I was worried, I'm glad that it had a happy ending.

• Like 19

I loved this ep, everyone was very funny and nice and it was a pleasure to hear it again. My favorite part was the interaction between Chanson and Cody.

Joe McGurl, you do a lot of Shakespeare? I work pretty steadily with a Shakespeare company as an actor so this is relevant to my interests, in spite of the unshakeable feeling that the whole thing is a lie.

• Like 5

I don't think that's what my voice sounds like. Engineer Cody Boy must have gotten into the wires again and put some kind of modulation device in my phone.

• Like 5

It's not so much of a question of whether or not i think that I should be in charge of a little child. It's more just that I am in charge of one.

I don't want to get into a whole birds and bees thing here; but sometimes when a man and a woman love each other very much, they live together and sometimes they do a big kissy, and they do things like go out to dinner, go to concerts, and just generally do fun activities together.

But sometimes, a man comes home from work and is greeted by a woman looking at him with a terrified look on her face as soon as he walks in the door. Sometimes that man thinks something horrible happened, like their cat died or a family member or something like that. Then the woman says "I'm pregnant".

And that's how babies are born.

• Like 6

When Sean and Hayes discuss forum lore.... mmmmm yes please. I like that.

• Like 16

Jotted down some quick notes on each call as I walked home. Accidentally got the notes and camera apps mixed up and took a snap of myself deep in thought first which was embarrassing1:

4OFOFxY.jpg?2

Andrew: I found Andrew wonderfully respectful and not at all overawed by the gravity of the occasion. You got things off to a lovely start.

Tim: Very good at describing. Great Movies question. Disappointed you weren't asked to sing.

Brgrho: Brgrho was like an excited puppy. Maybe even like that Air Bud that was held in such high regard in the previous call.

Ranran: oooh. Ranran. You missed out on the chance of a lifetime. You'll find it hard to live this one down. Maybe write a song about it.

Chanson: Firstly, it takes a big man to apologise and we're all proud of you. Secondly, I'm not familiar with Maritime Orders of Succession but if you're dad is Captain, what rank does that make you? Junior Captain?

Joe: Joe came across as really handsome on this. I didn't quite get aroused but it takes a lot for me to do so early in the day.

Anastasia: Very wise. Handled Sean's little birthday tantrum beautifully. Interesting that you have the same issues with race as Chanson. Hmmmmm

Steve H: I really hope your kid forgives you. Also the kid seemed to really enjoy the tenor of Sean's voice.

A Bear: I was overjoyed that Sean got straight to the issue of double registration. The dark cloud that has besieged the forum recently has been lifted finally.

ChandlerBIng.com: Oh boy. I tutted a lot during this one. Glad he got pwned.

Lauren: An unknown new woman! What the….. Hopefully Chanson doesn’t antagonise you.

All in all, a very fun insight into the collective psyche of the forum and it seems Hayes and Sean agonize over the minutiae of every post and poster.

1. That's right! We have sunshine too AMERICA!

• Like 23

Joe McGurl, you do a lot of Shakespeare? I work pretty steadily with a Shakespeare company as an actor so this is relevant to my interests, in spite of the unshakeable feeling that the whole thing is a lie.

I do do (lol) Shakespeare often. Here I am last summer being a very good actor boy as Sir Toby Belch in Twelfth Night.

10525722_10152187832396817_8275308937419570396_n.jpg?oh=6c4d0acf66a716f9d3d2a6dd62670761&oe=559CDD1B&__gda__=1436314590_99bef7dae8900ac7434cd30edc49feeb

• Like 24

I haven't been able to listen to this yet, but, just FYI, I am actually very calm and cool and collected and the #1 Fonzie of the forum and I am certain this is exactly how I came across and not like a hopped up lunatic with sandpaper palms who handles quasi-spotlights by pacing up and down the hallways of a shitty East Village apartment building, stopping only by the lobby mirror to wink and repeat an affirmative mantra to himself. Just FYI. Please adjust your notes/reviews accordingly.

Also, this was fun and good and let's just say I think some of our newer forum members have finally been Hazed & Shamed like the rest of us, so there's no more unspoken tension at all and thank god and let's just get back to the posting. B);)

• Like 13

I do do (lol) Shakespeare often. Here I am last summer being a very good actor boy as Sir Toby Belch in Twelfth Night.

10525722_10152187832396817_8275308937419570396_n.jpg?oh=6c4d0acf66a716f9d3d2a6dd62670761&oe=559CDD1B&__gda__=1436314590_99bef7dae8900ac7434cd30edc49feeb

Really like the period attire. Also the patchy, uncut grass. Is that zoysia? Maybe Bluegrass?

• Like 8