🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 78 — Listeners Again, Our Close Friends

Hey guys, I'm doing a solo bolo to Ireland in June. There are some people from there on here right? Can I crash on your couch?

• Like 4

All these new members coming in and posting so good have me thinking back to when I was a newbie, pretending to be an actual bear and making shitty posts. At least I stopped pretending to be a bear. A fond bit of reminiscence for my 100th post

• Like 19

Congrats on your rapid adaptation and survival in the harsh world of the HH forum, and your 100th. For your next hundred, let the following thought problem guide your posting: Am I a butterfly dreaming I am a man who is pretending to be a bear, or am I some sort of hybrid butterfly-bearman dreaming that I am wearing a hat and glasses?

• Like 6

I think you've misunderstood, all my friends call me A-Bear as a nickname because my name is Andrew and I love honey! The fact that a bear is my avatar is pure coincidence, I just thought it was an amusing prospect: a bear playing a guitar! Lol

Wow this A Bear legacy post has just skyrocketed in sentimental (and probably financial) value.

I would like to now point out that A Bear is most certainly British Andrew. I mean, think of how little he actually said about Philadelphia in his call. He didn't even say "Philly"!

• Like 9

What kind of writing? TV? Movies? Novels? All of the above?

^^I wrote this but they pretty much changed the script beyond recognish.

• Like 5

I know there is already a campaign about getting particular guests on the show, but I'd like to stir in some controversy and recommend Claudia O'Doherty as well!

• Like 13

Wow this A Bear legacy post has just skyrocketed in sentimental (and probably financial) value.

I would like to now point out that A Bear is most certainly British Andrew. I mean, think of how little he actually said about Philadelphia in his call. He didn't even say "Philly"!

So you just happen to have A Bear's post from February on hand? Something still doesn't seem right about you "two". Bear/Monsterface Truthers Unite!

• Like 5

I know there is already a campaign about getting particular guests on the show, but I'd like to stir in some controversy and recommend Claudia O'Doherty as well!

seconded

good job new ppl

• Like 11

Great show! Thanks for doing a charity episode so close to the tax deadline. I hope turning in all of the old scoops to those in need (the listeners) nets you guys a tasty write-off.

Sillylillyquee, is the a in your drawing my avatar? If so, thank you and welcome to forums. If not, I'm going to continue assuming it is and you are still welcome in the forums. You were great at the end of the episode and were actually a bit of a palette cleanser for some of the less, um, savory callers.

• Like 13

Guys (including lady guys), just want to say that you all are killing it this week on the forums.

• Like 15

All these new members coming in and posting so good have me thinking back to when I was a newbie, pretending to be an actual bear and making shitty posts. At least I stopped pretending to be a bear. A fond bit of reminiscence for my 100th post

Proud of your growth, A Bear

• Like 6

oh damn, i thought i was joining a forum to spend some chill out time yukking it up over a comedy podcast but it turns out everyone here is a wildly talented shakespearean actor-artist-warrior poet.

time to raise my damn game

(by which i mean i'll prob post a pic of my dog later or something)

Great first post.

I was super bummed to miss another call in show because of not being a member of the forum, so I joined!

I'm Amanda, I live in Los Angeles, and I have a hard time deciding whether Sean or Hayes is funnier.

I look forward to learning the weird ways of your world, forum-ers.

Great first post.

• Like 4

What a week for the forum! Seems like just Saturday I was telling Sillylillyquee what a great first post she had here and now look how far we've come! Heh, they grow up so fast!

Just real talk for a second, so nice to see all you noobies but just let Sean and Hayes know that you guys don't want the pro version for a while and you'd love if Joe McGurl got it first.

• Like 11

You can borrow my pro version for now until you get your own if you'd like?

Depends. What's the interest rate like? I've made it through 78 episodes so far and if it takes another 78...that might get a lil pricy

• Like 5

Great podcast, great forums, great new forumers. Excited to see who gets the pro version this week, some strong contender.

This is kind of like a reality show, guys.

• Like 9

To: Mean Detective

I hope you like it!

2015_04_07_20_56_09.jpg

Like it?! I just gave it a big old smoochy right on the screen and now my phone is all blurry! So uh yeah, I think I like it!

I especially like the ambiguity as to the source of the exclamation. It might be doggy thinking, but then again it might be detective, and isn't that an odd thing for him to be thinking about himself. Like he's got a lot going on in that noggin. Kind of like somebody else we all know, hmm? (me)

(for real amazing, thank you!)

Here's my attempt at a mean detective. WARNING this photo is only for true MATHS NERDS!

meandetective.png

OK I get it:

(Inspector Gadget) + (Stringer Bell) + (Blue Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robot) + (banjo guy) =

[Telescope arms] + [streetwise business acumen] + [machinelike perseverance] + [sweet bluegrass licks] =

Me, bc I have all that stuff. And what, I guess I'm on a seesaw or something? I don't get that part but good job overall

• Like 14

^^I wrote this but they pretty much changed the script beyond recognish.

Nice work Dabney2016. That's pretty funny ! I imagine the funny bits are from your unchanged script.

Spunky you should definitely watch this with your [redacted] - there's some good counting practice in there.

• Like 7

Hey guys, I'm doing a solo bolo to Ireland in June. There are some people from there on here right? Can I crash on your couch?

Well you definitely, absolutely, definitively can not crash on my couch because I don't have couch insurance and my D said if I get involved in another couch crash I'm in big trouble for sure.

honlads may be more open to it. Although I have never met the man, I have vigorously studied the video he submitted to Hayes' B day vid and he seems #2 handsome, nice, friendly, good at walking, swell at buying cards, affluent and tech savvy.

AND I'm sure he has a great mug collection.

• Like 10

I'm not afraid to say that I don't get it.

OK I get it:

(Inspector Gadget) + (Stringer Bell) + (Blue Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robot) + (banjo guy) =

[Telescope arms] + [streetwise business acumen] + [machinelike perseverance] + [sweet bluegrass licks] =

Me, bc I have all that stuff. And what, I guess I'm on a seesaw or something? I don't get that part but good job overall

It's because seesaws are fun and even a mean detective should have a fun side.

Also it's the sum of all detectives that exists divided by the total number of detectives that exist, producing the (arithmetic) mean detective.

• Like 9

Also it's the sum of all detectives that exists divided by the total number of detectives that exist, producing the (arithmetic) mean detective.

That is serious mathnerd.

• Like 3

Great first forum. When is HH Forum 2.0 coming out?

We're developing a watch.

Gives you a notification when a new ep is out.

Sean and Hayes point to the time with their hands.

Plays the popcorn gallery theme on a loop.

Counts your laughs per second to give you a bussing up ratio which we can then all compare to see who gets the most jokes. Points are awarded to the winner.

You can swipe it at the Arclight to get in to "The Untitled Engineer Cody Boy Project" for half price.

There's a button on the side that makes it say "Baba Booey" when pressed.

Tim is giving the keynote.

Dixon worked on most of the core infastructure.

Kittens came on board late to the project but he's developed a cool recipes app.

Anastasia tells you what's hot and what's not when you scan it over something.

There's a gallery of pictures of Joe when you need a boost.

I kiss every model before it ships.

Michael Bay of Pigs developed a "Forum Avatar Creator" but it doesn't work so that'll probably be next gen.

You get the gist. I can't remember the other features. I sure more info will become availalable closer to launch so STAY TUNED!

• Like 10