🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 202 — Pickup Artist

I think the best part of the episode was this guy begging female listeners to e-mail him if they like the sound of his voice. Because he's alone. What a piece of shit this guy is.

That was the moment that actually made me question if this was a joke or not.

I haven't listened to this yet. Obviously I think pickup artists are gross, because I'm a human being. Will I enjoy it? Do they make fun of him?

also one method that works for me is to talk to a woman at a place where it's acceptable to approach a stranger, such as at a bar, or a party, or on a dating website, and try and be nice and funny, and ask invite them to a nice night out at a restaurant perhaps, or some other kind of date is fine too if you have fun. then you can flirt and if they flirt back you can tell they want to hang out again, so you do it again, maybe a few more times, and once you are comfortable with each other you can try inviting them to your place, or maybe they will invite you to theirs. then if you both want to have sex, you can, because it's a private place and you're both adults. this has worked for me 7 times.

• Like 4

after you have had sex, if she likes you still, you can probably have sex with her another time. if you slept in the same bed that night, sometimes a fun thing to do is to have sex in the morning. i call this "morning sex."

I haven't listened to this yet. Obviously I think pickup artists are gross, because I'm a human being. Will I enjoy it? Do they make fun of him?

If that's what you're looking for it's a fantastic episode.

This is the first PB I've ever heard. I'm a big fan of Tig Notaro, I'm vaguely familiar with Kyle and Dave, and I figured that having a pickup artist on the show would generate a lot of weird tension worth listening to. I gotta say, I kinda loved it.

Turns out the Guru of Getting Some is the goddamn worst, but hearing how out-of-touch he sounds compared to intelligent funny people made me feel good about the world.

I loved his "that's not funny" stuff, it was the funniest part to me. Once you hear that, and then you hear his jokes (his delivery on that kite thing?!), you realize he doesn't know what jokes are. I cringed a lot, but it was kinda like hearing some comedians taking my shitty uncle down a peg. I don't think that guy's gonna make $47 off of Earwolf.

• Like 3

I listened, and honestly, while pick up artists are scumbags, this guy was clearly on his best behavior and managed to be an affable guest. I felt like all the interrupting and "that's not funny" stuff was telling. pickup artist stuff is not the same as rape, obviously, but if your whole thing is "here are ways to manipulate women into sleeping with you," well, you probably want to make sure you're not associated with rape jokes (even though no one was really making rape jokes).

• Like 1

I think the only question now is whether the negative feedback is so overwhelming that the hosts actually acknowledge it with something other than the usual dismissiveness.

*turns away from microphone* YES!

Seriously, if any of you are reading this, thanks for addressing this episode on this week's show. One total dud out of 208 is nothing to be ashamed of.