🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

13 Going Hooray

My friends, I caution you to guard yourself against the promises of salvation offered by the acolytes of Hooray!

They portray themselves as the gatekeepers of wisdom, yet obscure the truth with clouds of cannabis smoke!

They record "informal processing" sessions and then manipulate their victims' voices to further their lies!

They embed subliminal mind control messages into their audio broadcasts and taunt those who seek the truth!

They prey on lost souls, forcing them to tithe $20 per month for "loot crates" while providing no clue as to their contents!

Beware the false prophets of Hooray!

A Message from The Church of IAIN'Tology

• Like 6

My friends, I caution you to guard yourself against the promises of salvation offered by the acolytes of Hooray!

They portray themselves as the gatekeepers of wisdom, yet obscure the truth with clouds of cannabis smoke!

They record "informal processing" sessions and then manipulate their victims' voices to further their lies!

They embed subliminal mind control messages into their audio broadcasts and taunt those who seek the truth!

They prey on lost souls, forcing them to tithe $20 per month for "loot crates" while providing no clue as to their contents!

I like the status I have with the The Church of Hooray.

I feel there is jealously in your post.

Thanks Little Dog for the warning.

• Like 1

That was you! I couldn't tell if that was the caller still or Horatio. Congrats man! You are part of one of the best moments in podcast history!

That was indeed me. Was so nervous, I sent Chad tweets before and after I called in.

• Like 2

That was indeed me. Was so nervous, I sent Chad tweets before and after I called in.

It was just terrific! I wish they gave awards for podcasts for sound mixing because Chad deserves one for that sequence.

• Like 4

***CRACK**** DEEP TO LEFT FIELD... GOING BACK.... WALK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

I also want you all to know that Horatio, Joe Show, Kathleen and I went to the Dodgers game last night and waved and blew kisses at Vin Scully during the 7th inning stretch.

The Dodgers lost 7-3.

• Like 1

I tweeted back at Joe at around 3 or 4 am when I heard his rendition. I was taking a break from editing together the interview and said, well... let's listen to the VM's (I do listen to them by the way, leave one anytime) and Joe, for some reason yours stood out to me. I believe I tweeted "Holy Crap!"

The number for now is 917-675-1406 in case you guys don't have it. It is literally just an extra cell phone the boss had laying around. Save it in your phones. Share it with friends. Don't post it on the big social media places, not worth it. Keep it tight. You can call anytime, if we're recording, we may answer. If not, leave a message.

We will probably move to a more sophisticated phone system sometime soon, but this bong isn't going to smoke itself.

• Like 5

Chad, I was just curious about your musical past.

Um, ever heard of a little band called NICKELBACK?!

Great, fascinating episode. I've always liked "Creep"; who knew that all it was missing was a little dab of mmmcocoa butterrr.

• Like 4

Props to Horatio, he is doing big things with this podcast

• Like 2

chaddychoo, the Tom Cruise figure in the Church of Hooray, only has 227 twitter followers! Somehow twitter's calculations must be wrong*. https://twitter.com/chaddychoo

*Cough - follow chaddychoo

That number has doubled since episode one. Woo to the Hoo....

• Like 1

ICYMI - Horatio is doing bits on a bonus Comedy Bang Bang released today.

In other news: we just had Dana and Julia (BIATCHES!) and Peter Murietta (Wizards of Waverly Place) in the studio and we had Charna Halpern (iO) on the phone for a minute. Yes I recorded, and I'm barely in the episode so everyone can relax. :P

Good Times. Should be a fun one next week.

• Like 1

Al Green doing Creep is literally the best thing I've heard in my life.

• Like 1

Guest Sanjay Yngwie Gupta Malmsteen

Probably my favorite ep so far...super-timely after having just watched the Going Clear doc...the production with The Master soundtrack in the background is especially impressive. :-)

I've always enjoyed Jerry Minor when I've seen him in things, but his Hooray Show appearances are making me a Jerry Minor fan.

Loving this show.

I like it when you let the conversation ebb and flow and don't fill every space with music or a transition piece. Not that I hate that or anything. I'm just saying I love raw Horatio and all he inspires. Rawer and longer? Yep, that's what I'm saying.

But for the record "Creep" was fucking brilliant.

Really enjoyed the conversations in this one. My aunt and cousins are Jehovah's witnesses and we've drifted apart as we got older (my Nana was the bonding element so when she passed away we started seeing less and less of each other). My aunt converted / married into it and my cousins were born into it I guess. At one point I think my aunt celebrated Thanksgiving with us, but then they seemed to become a bit stricter and there were no parties or holidays with them. I've always wanted to shake some sense into them, I find their beliefs especially hard to get behind. I was Lutheran as a kid, mostly to appease my grandparents, but eventually common sense kinda struck me and I was like, oh, well that all doesn't make much sense now does it. I've always felt like they've had less freedom though to come to their own conclusions, as they do shun you and cut you off from your family if you want out. But I figure theres no sense trying to enlighten them or steer them away from it.. My disdain was really solidified after attending two weddings within their church (my aunts second marriage and my cousins first), which were just such.. joyless affairs, I hate to say. Not much pomp, which is fine, but all the scripture was basically this misogynistic old-timey shit about the husband being the head of the house (second only to God himself) and... it was just exhausting and not something I can even imagine anyone ever getting excited about. Not to mention the pastor or whatever was like the worst public speaker ever, and had a pronounced stutter.

Anyways, I'm rambling, the point was it was interesting to hear Jerry's experience with the religion since I've had some familiarity with the Jehovah Witnesses myself. I mean, I really don't get why they need to recruit people in the first place, I think their literature said there's only like, 400K seats in heaven for them or something? Aren't you reducing your odds to get in by adding to the overall number of Witnesses!? Madness! :)

Sign in to follow this