🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 227 — Movie Theater Plug Life

Ugh. Did you even listen to the episode? Fuck off.

So you think someone's financial status determines whether or not they are not only worthy of empathy, but worthy of actually having problems? No, YOU fuck off. Horrible attitude.

That was IndieGoGo's key market differentiator at a time when only Kickstarter existed. On Kickstarter, if you raise $74,000 but your target is $75,000, your campaign fails and you get nothing despite the almost imperceptible real-world difference.

I don't think you recognize the psychology behind Kickstarter and the thrill of that final push over the threshold. People start jacking their donation amounts up when they see that a campaign has generated interest and could actually succeed. That's the whole point of Kickstarter- you can have an insane idea, knowledge of how to accomplish it, and if enough people agree with it then it will actually happen.

What you're supposed to be doing when you create a Kickstarter campaign is say "I need $X to make this happen. I guarantee it will happen if I get that money." There is no mystery there. If there isn't enough interest to reach that goal then nobody loses. Nobody loses money, and the creator doesn't waste their time on a project that doesn't have any appeal to anybody.

In comparison, IndieGoGo is just a donation button. It's an "I want money" campaign. Using your scenario, what if you have a $75,000 goal and only get $10,000? People are still out that $10,000, but since the campaign creator wanted $75,000 we're either going to get a half ass product or no product at all. It's a waste of money.

• Like 1

I liked Nova Rockafeller. That was a fun episode. Jeez guys.

I didn't hate it like everyone else, but the fact that Jensen Karp was on there really helped out.

So you think someone's financial status determines whether or not they are not only worthy of empathy, but worthy of actually having problems? No, YOU fuck off. Horrible attitude.

Ugh. Can the nauseating Internet-White-Knightery for a second. You know perfectly well what I mean. Quit being willfully obtuse.

Great ep gang. Kitty gets it.

I loved this episode because Howard seemed so excited every time he and Kitty had something in common.He was genuinely fanning out. and yes of course the 1D breakdown sealed the deal.