🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JeffShirleyJazz

Comedy Bang Bang not working on Earwolf mobile app

Every other podcast is working on the earwolf app (droid) except comedy bang bang. Been like this for a week, Ive tried uninstalling and everything. I am aware you may not be in chare of the app.

None of the Earwolf-related apps in the Google Play store were actually created by Earwolf. You'll have to contact the developer of the app, or try a general podcast app like Pocket Casts, Stitcher, etc.

I'm having the same problem on iTunes. On Thursday, it downloaded 0.1 mb of the podcast but would keep freezing at that point and eventually stop downloading after being hung up too long. This was just with Comedy Bang Bang on Thursday and Friday. Now today, it's not downloading Sklarbro Country or Affirmation Nation, doing the same thing of downloading a few kb and then freezing.

me too. driving me crazy.

(meaning same as above post. download technically starts, then time remaining increases 1, min, 10 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, 25 hr, etc.)

before was just CBB, but can't get new Sklarbro either.

in itunes on Macbook w/ OSX 10.9.2

• Like 1

it's the same for me with those links. they get a little bit, just over 100k, then hang.

Based on your IP addresses, all three of you appear to be using the same Internet provider within roughly the same geographic area. It's possible your ISP might be employing some broken "traffic shaping" BS against high-bandwidth sites like SoundCloud.

Could you try some other downloads so we can see whether it's just Earwolf or all SoundCloud podcasts are affected?

I tried those 3.

Superego - no

Do You Need a Ride - yes (normal fast download)

The Talk Show - no

I also just got This American Life in the normal fast way.

Thanks for your help, JLivermore. I sent a mail to SoundCloud support with all of the details I've been able to gather thus far. It could be an issue with one of their CDN nodes or your ISP being scumbags. Hopefully they can resolve it either way.

Weirdly, I had trouble downloading the Monday CBB episode last week on my iPhone app. Frustrated, I unsubscribed and tried resubscribing. Somehow, the podcasts app won't let me subscribe. I can download the new episodes when I search for them on the app, but I can't subscribe to CBB. When I try to look at the feed, too, it only shows what I've downloaded/the newest one. Not sure if this is just me or not, but considering there are these other problems, I thought I'd check.

What version of iOS are you running? Assuming it's 8.x, when you search for CBB in the Podcasts app and go to the full listing, is the "Subscribe" button purple and tapping it does nothing, or is it completely greyed out?

I'm still running 8.0. I'll update to 8.3 and see if that helps.

And yes, the purple button just refuses to acknowledge my taps.

This is very weird. I changed the ISP to my cell phone's hotspot and connected my computer to it. This week's Comedy Bang Bang downloaded in seconds. It's really odd--Never Not Funny downloaded fine on my ISP last night, CBB and Sklarbro kept pausing and failing. So, I'm thinking that it's probably a problem with my ISP--is everyone who is having a problem on AT&T U-verse?

So, I'm thinking that it's probably a problem with my ISP--is everyone who is having a problem on AT&T U-verse?

Based on their IP addresses, yes. SoundCloud hasn't responded to my support request yet, but I'm seeing other users in your area reporting similar problems to them on Twitter.

SoundCloud support says they need to get in contact with people directly affected by the 100kb download issues in order to troubleshoot further. If any of you want to lend a hand, contact them directly at support@soundcloud.com and reference Case #1332562. Thanks!

For the record, updating to iOS 8.3 fixed all of my problems.

All of them.

sadly the apps are only optimized for the jPhone Lime

Sign in to follow this