🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
guy22##2

Why no more cards against humanity ads?

Dear Sean and Hayes, why did stop letting CAH not buy ad-space on your show? Ok, I know that you guys, Sean in particular, were kind of frustrated that they only payed you to talk about their product on your show, instead of an advertisement. But I actually thought that was such a revolutionary idea! I'll admit I'm a little biased, I've been a massive fan of CAH for years. My friends and I just can't get enough of its totally edgy rando humor! Whenever the people I'm with want to play this game I just get so damn excited because sitting down and combining one rando phrase with another is just my idea of a good time NOT BORING. It's a funny game for funny people, and funny people only. And while some people might try and claim that the exact same results could be achieved by playing the game with a chimpanzee or maybe a small child who can't actually read yet, I to them I say that they're wrong.

But the game's not just funny, it's really really edgy. I mean some of the stuff these guys come up with is just so sick and twisted that I'm like "Uh, maybe you guys need therapy, lol." Seriously though, this is just the sort of game that I could picture some of the comedy greats like George Carlin, and Lenny Bruce, and Richard Pryor just playing round after round of up in heaven. And maybe Hunter S. Thompson and Charles Bukowski are getting in there too, because only really cool people like that can really appreciate this game.

Although the game does go a little bit to far sometimes. My friends and I almost had to stop playing because we were like "Uh, some of these cards are totally making fun of LGBTQ people, and that is unacceptable!" I mean, some of my friends are LGBTQ! I consider myself one too, actually. Some people say to me "You're an affluent white man who dresses entirely conventionally for his gender and dates solely women, where do you get off claiming to be a part of an oppressed minority?" And to them I say: get your damn facts straight! I'm pansexual, and I can prove it. EXHIBIT A: I once accidentally kissed a dude when I was drunk, and I only felt a little bit grossed out about it afterwards. EXHIBIT B: My friends once, through a combination of bribery and physical threats, convinced me to jerk off a stray dog. At first I was really grossed out by it, but I slowly began to have these...feelings. Now when I walk down the street and see a furry little creature I can't help but think about how it would feel to just grab the little thing by the scruff of its neck and just.............................................................................

Sorry about that, I got a little off-track. My main point was that CAH had gone to far, and I assume that this is why you guys stopped accepting their money. But my friends and I got on twitter and raised a big stink, and lo and behold the CAH suddenly realized that they had been wrong to make fun of some of the people who buy their game, and that they should take the offensive cards out while keeping in the hilarious cards making fun of the people that DON'T really play CAH (like poor people, black people, and Jews that died in the Holocaust). I sure was relieved, I could finally start playing my favorite card game again! So guys, why no more non-ads from them? What's the deal?

• Like 1

I heard HH was shifting their pay structure and pricing these brands out of the ad buy. Hopefully we can shift over to nonstop ads for Major Brands Only like Stamps.com, like other legit podcasts.

Wait, there's no ignore button?

If there were would you use it, or would you still feel the need to make a post to prove how much you don't care?

Then we are of one heart, one mind, one soul. I wish there was an "experiencing the fullest harmony of the universe" button

As you know, the HH brand is increasing in value exponentially. One unfortunate result of this brand growth is that it is getting too expensive for relatively niche products like 'Cards Against Humanity' to get ad space. Survival of the fittest, man.

Sign in to follow this