🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 344 — Classic Switcheroo

OH god, I totally forgot about that! Now it makes so much more sense that Horatio was Bitsy-Boo's manager, dumb me. Does it make me a bad fan for not remembering every single detail in CBB canon? I hope that I won't be locked in the plug bag with Jesse Ventura..

Not at all hahaha! I actually forgot too until I looked up who Bitsy-Boo was, from the episode synopsis it sounded like she was some sort of Shirley Temple-like child character (actually I guess I ended up not being that far off what with the precarious way the episode played out...) but then I saw the last episode she was on and it all came rushing back...

Here's what we know about this Jarles character so far:

• Male, 40 years old
  • "rail thin"
  • constantly grimacing
  • says "dude"
  • aversion to seafood
  • suffers from a diaphragm condition that makes it difficult for him to push words out of his mouth
  • also suffers from soft teeth
  • patriotic
  • devout (religion not specified, but assume christian)
  • his profession is a fencing instructor

That's all we have to work with for now. Maybe we can get someone in behavioral science to work up a profile.

He is also apparently an actor (or stuntman?) - 12th on the call sheet for Silicon Valley.

• Like 2

PFT as James Bond? I'd pay to see that. I think it would be some premium C+ content.

Lauren Lapkus as Moneypenny. Scott Aukerman as M, Andy Daly as Q, and Matt Gourley as the villain. And Paget Brewster as the Bond girl.

• Like 10

Lauren Lapkus as Moneypenny. Scott Aukerman as M, Andy Daly as Q, and Matt Gourley as the villain. And Paget Brewster as the Bond girl.

I personally would switch Gourley's and Daly's roles. That way Gourley could have a british-off as Q, and Andy could go dark with his insane villain persona. "WHAT'RE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! IS THAT RIGHT???"

• Like 5

I personally would switch Gourley's and Daly's roles. That way Gourley could have a british-off as Q, and Andy could go dark with his insane villain persona. "WHAT'RE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! IS THAT RIGHT???"

Gourley's gotta be M yall haven't you listened to Superego.

• Like 8

BBBONNND! Just....one...more...question.

how british am i?

• Like 5

Scott could play Bond's backside in a flashback scene instead! Also add James Adomian as a main villain's gay right hand man and I'm sold.

"I need to know how British I am because I want to know how British I am!"

• Like 2

• Male, 40 years old
  • "rail thin"
  • constantly grimacing
  • says "dude"
  • aversion to seafood
  • suffers from a diaphragm condition that makes it difficult for him to push words out of his mouth
  • patriotic

That's all we have to work with for now. Maybe we can get someone in behavioral science to work up a profile.

Also judging from this picture, he's approximately 2/3 the size of an average man. (This may lend to argument him of being rail thin.)

IMG_1244.jpg

• Like 6

• Male, 40 years old
  • "rail thin"
  • constantly grimacing
  • says "dude"
  • aversion to seafood
  • patriotic

Maybe we could also get a 96 year old who has lived in all 50 states to whip up a caricature of Jarles. *fingers crossed*

• Like 5

When I got to Everyone's Favorite Feature™ and Bitsy didn't plug a Wild Horses show or @mholland85 on Twitter, I became very disoriented, until I checked the episode page. Apologies to Jocelyn DeBoer, although being mistaken for a master improviser like Mary Holland is (probably) a great honor in some cultures!

Maybe Bitsy Boo's wetness confused you into thinking it was Mary Holland's character from the Wild Horses ep of WSGLL.

• Like 1

"I need to know how British I am because I want to know how British I am!"

OH BOND YOU'VE MADE ME SO HAPPY!

• Like 6

Also judging from this picture, he's approximately 2/3 the size of an average man. (This may lend to argument him of being rail thin.) IMG_1244.jpg

Right?! I know Scott's pretty tall and all, but what the hell is happening in this picture?

Also, Ryan's "Did somebody say crossfit?" bit is C+ as hell.

• Like 2

So much good stuff going on here. Almost too much for a mere 77 minutes. In addition to the guests being great, Scott was really on fire in the opening interview part.

• Like 1

The content of the ep is not what's important here. What's important is that picture of PFT. Is he really that small? Have they been enlarging him in the photos all these years but someone (Cody) forgot to do it today? Let's see if they abruptly take it down.

• Like 1

Also judging from this picture, he's approximately 2/3 the size of an average man. (This may lend to argument him of being rail thin.)

IMG_1244.jpg

I love this photo, because it proves Paul F Tompkins just randomly wandered in. He doesn't have a chair. He just came in, popped a squat, and took Horatio's mic.

• Like 2

The content of the ep is not what's important here.

Don't EVER let Scott catch you saying that content isn't important.

• Like 7

Does anyone know what boots Ryan is wearing?

Those have the classic (not Jarles) yellow stitching of Doctor Martens. As to the specific boot, I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like possibly an old pair of 1460s.

From Boy to Boots - Asking what kind, that is.

I had this, almost word for word, sitting on my phone's browser all day not realizing I'd forgotten to actually post it.

consider my stones popped, sir.

• Like 2

Those have the classic (not Jarles) yellow stitching of Doctor Martens. As to the specific boot, I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like possibly an old pair of 1460s.

Thanks, that looks like them. They look really good.

• Like 1

Last time Bitsy-Boo was on, it slayed me listening to how they brought in Horatio Sans. The funniest part was how they made him sound like a total sleazebag. Then Horatio comes on and takes it even further.

Then we get some #classicjarles to top it all off! Truly a grepisode, C+ all the way.

IMG_1244.jpg

HOO-RAY-SHO AND SCOTT-O-BOT SMASH!!!!

• Like 1

I would like to see Jarles on an episode with Winsome. Anyone else, or am I alone on this?

• Like 4

I would like to see Jarles on an episode with Winsome. Anyone else, or am I alone on this?

Yes please. Add in Dabney for holy trinity of old men.

• Like 5